Yeah a software company that doesn't supply updates to its BB10 software. BlackBerry has a track record of no loyalty, ask half of the BBOS 5 users from back in the day if they received the OS6 upgrade. Cause I think like two models had that upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry you feel so ill-uses by BlackBerry. I've been happy with every one of their products I've bought for the past 13 years. I wish BB10 had been more successful, but they've more than done right by me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-16-17 06:29 PM
    I'm sorry you feel so ill-uses by BlackBerry. I've been happy with every one of their products I've bought for the past 13 years. I wish BB10 had been more successful, but they've more than done right by me.

Nah, I don't feel bad. Passed yes but at the end of the day it is business and money needs to be made and I know eventually I'm gonna have to downgrade my standards and purchase either some type of Android device or Apple. I love BB10 but I already excepted the fact it's no more.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 06:44 PM
    Nah, I don't feel bad. Passed yes but at the end of the day it is business and money needs to be made and I know eventually I'm gonna have to downgrade my standards and purchase either some type of Android device or Apple. I love BB10 but I already excepted the fact it's no more.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for clarifying.

06-16-17 06:47 PM
    Yeah a software company that doesn't supply updates to its BB10 software. BlackBerry has a track record of no loyalty, ask half of the BBOS 5 users from back in the day if they received the OS6 upgrade. Cause I think like two models had that upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    the BB you know is no longer exist. It got "transitioned into" something else... all the chaps that delivered handset software and hardware were long gone. Check wiki... Although, the current BB is not as the handset maker that used to make it name.. no wonder you are confused... "BlackBerry Limited is a Canadian based multinational company specializing in enterprise software and the Internet of things. Best known to the general public as the former developer of the BlackBerry brand of smartphones, and tablets, it transitioned to an enterprise software and services company[3] under CEO John S. Chen. Its products are used worldwide by various businesses, car makers, and government agencies, and include the AtHoc crisis communications platform, the QNX real-time operating system, and BlackBerry UEM, an endpoint management platform." Hopefully, you can see why the software is not in current and future plan of so called BBRY, at least not BB10 or BBOS..
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-16-17 07:09 PM
    Yeah. It's kinda sad ,but understandable, that no one (not many of us) talk about the positive side of Blackberry's shift to software, IoT, and the automotive world and how successful it actually is in these industries (or is on a great trajectory)

This is a mobile phone site so I understand. QNX doesn't really factor into my daily life nor does BB's enterprise stuff but as a company Blackberry is in an exciting place.

Maybe Crackberry can transition too, into QNX World, or BBIoT....At least we'd have a lot more positive stuff to talk about...Kevin?
    06-17-17 04:59 AM
    Yeah. It's kinda sad ,but understandable, that no one (not many of us) talk about the positive side of Blackberry's shift to software, IoT, and the automotive world and how successful it actually is in these industries (or is on a great trajectory)

This is a mobile phone site so I understand. QNX doesn't really factor into my daily life nor does BB's enterprise stuff but as a company Blackberry is in an exciting place.

Maybe Crackberry can transition too, into QNX World, or BBIoT....At least we'd have a lot more positive stuff to talk about...Kevin?
    Only people that actually read up on the company will know what BlackBerry actually sells now. Most of the population sees the lack of BlackBerry branded phones at the mall kiosk and think that they are bankrupt.

The mistake that BlackBerry still makes is that they are sticking to the Enterprises only market. Last time I checked, people don't want to carry two phones. BlackBerry mobile needs to make their next phone consumer friendly with enterprise features.. put it in Kiosks.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-17-17 08:53 AM
    Only people that actually read up on the company will know what BlackBerry actually sells now. Most of the population sees the lack of BlackBerry branded phones at the mall kiosk and think that they are bankrupt.

The mistake that BlackBerry still makes is that they are sticking to the Enterprises only market. Last time I checked, people don't want to carry two phones. BlackBerry mobile needs to make their next phone consumer friendly with enterprise features.. put it in Kiosks.

Posted via CB10
    I'm quite certain that TLC/Blackberry Mobile fully intends to go after the professional consumer market. But I also suspect they are realists and understand that it will take a couple of generations of devices to become relevant again. As you say, they will need to gain retailer support. And that will take some time. But, unlike BlackBerry, TCL has a huge range of products already being sold through retail channels, so they can take the time they need to build those channel partnerships.

With BlackBerry, every phone seemed like a "do or die" proposition. That's why we had so many, "Blackberry's last chance..." articles.

06-17-17 09:50 AM
    I'm quite certain that TLC/Blackberry Mobile fully intends to go after the professional consumer market. But I also suspect they are realists and understand that it will take a couple of generations of devices to become relevant again. As you say, they will need to gain retailer support. And that will take some time. But, unlike BlackBerry, TCL has a huge range of products already being sold through retail channels, so they can take the time they need to build those channel partnerships.

With BlackBerry, every phone seemed like a "do or die" proposition. That's why we had so many, "Blackberry's last chance..." articles.

I agree with you . Only thing that they need to do is change the optics of the brand. 10 years ago if you had a BlackBerry in your hand you were a big shot. Now your being mocked...

Now that it runs Android, it's on the same playing field as all Droid devices for echo system. The BlackBerry apps are a nice addition to make them different. Now. Marketing comes into play to make them the.. "hey. You have a BlackBerry ". Phone. I want one...

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 11:51 AM
    So true. BB failed at marketing - big time. So few know it still even exists - in whatever form of business entity. People see my Z30 and the only thing they can ask is "does it still work?" I smile. Even now the BlackBerry brand hides in the corner. I happened to see someone with a KEYone last week and asked him "what kind of phone is that, anyway"? He said "Oh, that's the new BlackBerry phone", then took it out of the case and showed me the Berry emblem hiding on the back cover. I asked him why there was no identifier on the front. He didn't smile.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 06:39 PM
    The brand is now so passe that it could acquire a hipster, retro appeal. Atari is saying they are coming out with some type of console device. That brand has a lot of retro appeal. BlackBerry still has value of a brand but it would take someone with a very deep sense of Western tastes and culture and language. The current CEO is not that person.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-17-17 11:37 PM
    The brand is now so passe that it could acquire a hipster, retro appeal. Atari is saying they are coming out with some type of console device. That brand has a lot of retro appeal. BlackBerry still has value of a brand but it would take someone with a very deep sense of Western tastes and culture and language. The current CEO is not that person.

Posted via CB10
    To sell what? BlackBerry UEM and Mobility Suite, QNX Auto, AtHoc, and Radar?
    06-18-17 01:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Who is the current CEO of TCL/BBMOBILE USA?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    06-18-17 06:27 PM
    To sell what? BlackBerry UEM and Mobility Suite, QNX Auto, AtHoc, and Radar?
    Someone thinks they can use it to sell smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 01:57 PM
    Someone thinks they can use it to sell smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I guess that's up to the CEOs of TCL, PT BB Merah Putih, and Optiemus Infracom then.
    06-19-17 02:15 PM
    First let's get one thing straight here even before I start... I love, live and breath BlackBerry and just love my Passport and I will always have a BlackBerry as my daily driver!

Everyone in the world, even I was upset when and disappointed when BlackBerry delayed the Launch of BB10.*

On the launch of BB10 Even Thorsten Heins admitted, the had two choices to live with, they could either adapt someone's OS or build one up from ground zero.
    BlackBerry took the bold and tough road, they built an OS from ground up. And as many may agree a fantastic OS.

If Heins wanted even he could have adapted Android and taken things in a different direction. Well you never know if he would have done that, he might have still been at BlackBerry and we all might be praising him and not John Chen.*

I even understand John C's decision to outsource the handset business. But has anyone noticed the current pricing of the BB10 Handsets. Why couldn't BlackBerry's marketing team have thought about this when the launched the handset. I heard that BlackBerry had spent a lot of money on Marketing BB10, but I did not see anything in India. Maybe you all saw it in different parts of the world but I did not.

Please help me understand, what is different in what BlackBerry did not that they could have not done earlier.*

Have you noticed that all the Samsung Phones are advertising about how secure the phone and the Android OS is.

I mean call me bitchy, but I think that BlackBerry should keep the bb10 OS alive and have handsets made by the partner companies.*

I understand that a company has to make money, I understand that a company is not only based on their Fans, but I think that the best and most advanced OS in the market should live on...*

I will always try to carry a BB10 phone and I am sure that everyone who loves the OS will also try...

I would just like to tell John C one thing, you may try to make BlackBerry a software company, you may try to kill or even replace BB10 with Android.... this might help you with your investors, this might help you with the press...

But it will kill your fan base cause if I want an Android phone who is also talking about security now who is also pushing security updates regularly, then why should I buy a pricey BlackBerry when Samsung and many other companies are giving me an Android phone with better specifications for a mush better price.....

I don't mean to sound rude... I know a lot of you might disagree with me... I know that this article means nothing because I just a small Fan and not a big name....*

But I just had to vent my feelings out....
    That are the key points. BlackBerry OS is the most reliable and fluid OS I have ever used. The secure and absolutely smooth OS in the world I hope. I don't think Mr. Chen will go to loose it. They have to create a new BlackBerry OS phone every year (bi-year also as they have to look their profits).

In my thoughts android o's is the 'generic' and BlackBerry OS is a "Branded OS".

Please support us to support you BlackBerry.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 03:32 PM
    That are the key points. BlackBerry OS is the most reliable and fluid OS I have ever used. The secure and absolutely smooth OS in the world I hope. I don't think Mr. Chen will go to loose it. They have to create a new BlackBerry OS phone every year (bi-year also as they have to look their profits).

In my thoughts android o's is the 'generic' and BlackBerry OS is a "Branded OS".

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    No number of phones will make profit else they would still be making them.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 07:18 PM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    There were never any BB10 profits and they've exited the hardware business anyway. There will be no more BB10 devices ever. They will never, ever get back together with you. LOL
    06-19-17 08:48 PM

How would you explain this plan to investors? How will they ever make money with BB10?
    06-19-17 08:51 PM
    I don't think Mr. Chen will go to loose it. They have to create a new BlackBerry OS phone every year (bi-year also as they have to look their profits).
    Tell me, what was 2016's BlackBerry OS phone?
    06-19-17 09:49 PM
    In reality, the current Passport runs the OS so well they don't need new models, just more stock. Build more silver Passports!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 10:23 PM
    In reality, the current Passport runs the OS so well they don't need new models, just more stock. Build more silver Passports!

Posted via CB10
    I know. My Z10 is still fast and responsive for all the things I do with it. I always laugh when people with new phones complain about lag. It illustrates just how bloated so much mobile software is.

06-20-17 12:02 AM
    That's true that there is no BlackBerry OS phones now but to keep BlackBerry's ego the company have to create a new BB os phone to keep the OS running which is a fantastic OS. Android in a BlackBerry phone looks like a pirated CD. Aside profits there are many ways for BlackBerry to make money but they should be proud for the BlackBerry OS they have made.

Is there any way to appeal at BlackBerry for this? Can we make any survey or like that to approach at the BlackBerry for keeping live the beautiful OS? Can we contribute (hahaha, I know the amount will be like 'pinch of salt in sea')?
    Can't imagine how to keep this OS alive!!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 12:17 AM
    Is there any way to appeal at BlackBerry for this? Can we make any survey or like that to approach at the BlackBerry for keeping live the beautiful OS?
    No.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-20-17 05:57 AM
    That's true that there is no BlackBerry OS phones now but to keep BlackBerry's ego the company have to create a new BB os phone to keep the OS running which is a fantastic OS. Android in a BlackBerry phone looks like a pirated CD. Aside profits there are many ways for BlackBerry to make money but they should be proud for the BlackBerry OS they have made.

Is there any way to appeal at BlackBerry for this? Can we make any survey or like that to approach at the BlackBerry for keeping live the beautiful OS? Can we contribute (hahaha, I know the amount will be like 'pinch of salt in sea')?
    Can't imagine how to keep this OS alive!!

Posted via CB10
    "Aside profits?" That is the only thing that matters in business. They aren't going to keep BB10 going out of the goodness of their heart.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 07:34 AM
    Aside profits there are many ways for BlackBerry to make money but they should be proud for the BlackBerry OS they have made.
    Please name at least one.
    And be specific.
    You made the claim so the burden of proof is yours.
    Until you bring the proof, this is just another outrageous claim of entertainment value only.
    06-20-17 08:18 AM
207 ... 34567 ...