False statement. BlackBerry is no longer a phone manufacturer.

Some true statements: almost all BB10 programming personnel are gone. The only SoC's that supported BB10 were discontinued years ago. There's no infrastructure in place for them to make another BB10 phone.

Unless BlackBerry can find a CEO and BoD stupid enough to invest billions for the sake of making millions, dream on. Or, do as I've said before and send them your resume and explain how you can run the company better than the current management.
    Tell me with straight face that bond holder (debt holder) of BB currently on the board and with the current board member will never ever allow to even review the new resume? That's funny.
    06-10-17 09:40 PM
    OP, if you really breath BB, go read Lost Signal, although it is 80% more less correctly, and missing some key or low key events, but you will get the picture. The bb is no longer the BB you want to breath in ... be careful not to chock if you find out it hard to have some BBness left...
    06-10-17 09:46 PM
    Tell me with straight face that bond holder (debt holder) of BB currently on the board and with the current board member will never ever allow to even review the new resume? That's funny.
    Well if that's everyone's excuse for never trying, then nothing will ever change. But it's easy to complain and armchair quarterback anonymously on the Internet isn't it?

On that same subject, I have numerous times challenged people who keep saying how stupid and misled Android and IOS users are to go to android central and imore and tell those people the errors of their ways... tell them they need to try BB10 to see what they're missing! Hell, you don't even need to make a new account! You think one single person has done so? Hah!

There's this funny thing about human nature... we're so terribly afraid to put ourselves in a position where we might be in the wrong. It's so easier on the ego to say we're right instead of actually proving it.

The only "action" I ever see from anyone are the 500 petitions to keep whatsapp from being discontinued.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    06-11-17 04:27 AM
    BB10 is dead. While I use my pd9983 and have stock for it and the Q, BB10 is dead.

If it was not dead on arrival, John Chen made certain it was a dead OS walking. As a COO and a CFO with experience in turning around many 3 to 5 B companies and assets, it was apparent to me that BB only kept BB alive long enough to transition to a software company. There was never an intent to continue OS10 as evidence by numerous announcements of "likely exiting the handset business", etc. All created uncertainly in the market, failure to meet corporate expectations and investment cycles, etc. And indeed from our own experience, we could not get BB to assist or commit key persons for point of contact, etc. I can point to competitors that undertook Classic testing only to be told two months into the process that production had been halted . . . You can imagine the result of that conversation: Apple scooped an enterprise contract for 20,000 handsets.

While I think BB could have done much better, it made a decision and moved in said direction. Unfortunately, as I have written elsewhere, it likely would be a success in the near and mid term, but have my doubts for the long term as there is not enough points of differentiation, and the "Big Boys" will crowd BB's space and begin to eat its lunch . . .

However, in answer to the OP, and to borrow from THAT movie, "10's dead, baby. 10 is dead."
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-11-17 05:59 AM
    In the fall of 2013, BB10 was structurally terminated. It took them two more years to bleed out parts commitments and corporate contracts. Huge advertising was not needed, and would have simply made the losses worse.
    ^^Agree 100% on the marketing. There was no demand. Marketing can't sell people a product they don't want. Coke spent a fortune marketing New Coke but most people didn't like it.

People around here talk about BB10 (which I love, btw) as if anyone who tried it would have traded in their Android or iPhone instantly. But the reality is that owners of Android phones and iPhones were very happy with their choices in early 2013, and many of them were already on their 3rd or 4th device by then. BlackBerry was 5-6 years late to the party. The executive team was addicted to their BIS recurring revenue and completely lacked the vision, skills or team to develop an app and content store like Apple and Google had.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    southlander likes this.
    06-11-17 06:51 AM
    Well if that's everyone's excuse for never trying, then nothing will ever change. But it's easy to complain and armchair quarterback anonymously on the Internet isn't it?

On that same subject, I have numerous times challenged people who keep saying how stupid and misled Android and IOS users are to go to android central and imore and tell those people the errors of their ways... tell them they need to try BB10 to see what they're missing! Hell, you don't even need to make a new account! You think one single person has done so? Hah!

There's this funny thing about human nature... we're so terribly afraid to put ourselves in a position where we might be in the wrong. It's so easier on the ego to say we're right instead of actually proving it.

The only "action" I ever see from anyone are the 500 petitions to keep whatsapp from being discontinued.
    my comment is related to send in new resume for new ceo of BB and intend to change direction of company... that need to be 1st replace exisitng board or successful proxy fight. (board of directors are the one has the power to get rid of ceo at cause... and pay arm and leg in the process). not 500 petition of user will resolve that. (few million, might be)
    06-11-17 08:04 AM
    Coming from an original BB10 user, BlackBerry was both too late with their new proprietary software and too early.
    After seeing the Super Bowl ad for BB10, US customers had to wait months for the Z10. Back then, die hard customers wanted a physical keyboard and they were forced to wait even longer for the Q10.
    Then when we finally got the phone, the software had so many issues it made must of us -even the most die hard- want to throw the phone off a cliff.
    Tenacity and stupidity were the only things that made me keep my Q10 when it was running early BB10 software.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 08:12 AM
    Coming from an original BB10 user, BlackBerry was both too late with their new proprietary software and too early.
    After seeing the Super Bowl ad for BB10, US customers had to wait months for the Z10.
    When we got our dev Alphas in Orlando, it was obvious that the OS was far, far away from a 1.0 release. We went to breakout sessions on APIs and instead of explaining how the various APIs worked, they were asking us how they *should* work. They were clearly way behind schedule.

But after reading Losing the Signal, I think senior execs at BB were hearing a different story. Denial and an inflated sense of superiority were deep-rooted in their culture. So I think they ran the ads fully convinced that they had a completed product in final testing. The truth was something very different.

Anyway, add this to the many reasons BB10 failed. The bet is on BB Android now. Let's wish them better luck with that.
    Elephant_Canyon and BBRYQ10 like this.
    06-11-17 08:32 AM
    We should just pin this to the top and change the title to "read this instead of posting about BB10" lol.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-11-17 08:42 AM
    ^^Agree 100% on the marketing. There was no demand. Marketing can't sell people a product they don't want. Coke spent a fortune marketing New Coke but most people didn't like it.
    The "Coke" case was just a reminder of peoples fear of losing something they're used to, in all the countless blind tests coca cola made for years everyone liked the new coke better than the old one.
    It's dat dank psychology that companies need to take in account.
    06-11-17 09:45 AM
    Blackberry didn't understand that people stupidly wanted toys (android/apple) and not productive phones.
    People complain about bb10 but for me it works flawlessly, never freezes or hiccups.
    My only hope is that BlackBerry just up keeps security....I'd be happy with that but I don't think it will happen.

BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Ajith Raveendran likes this.
    06-11-17 09:47 AM
    Blackberry didn't understand that people stupidly wanted toys (android/apple) and not productive phones.
    People complain about bb10 but for me it works flawlessly, never freezes or hiccups.
    My only hope is that BlackBerry just up keeps security....I'd be happy with that but I don't think it will happen.

BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    How are they toys if almost every professional in the world is using them and being productive? I know people that have all kinds of jobs that don't complain about their toys.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 09:52 AM
    They use them because they have no other options..... that's why they use them.
    Your making my point, BlackBerry didn't understand the future and people not caring about security.
    Me I'll take security and use my passport till it doesn't work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 09:57 AM

BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    You can be productive with both android and ios, android has it's unparalleled customisation (which can turn it to a timesink if you choose to) and ios has it's simplicity and long time support for the hardware.
    You can buy a passport and play emulators or post shait maymays all day long as with every other smartphone.
    06-11-17 09:59 AM
    They use them because they have no other options..... that's why they use them.
    Your making my point, BlackBerry didn't understand the future and people not caring about security.
    Me I'll take security and use my passport till it doesn't work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    You really aren't that much more secure unless you are on BES. So is it security or productivity?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-17 10:03 AM

BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Tools not toys lol.

What some and they didn't understand is that the toys were and are also tools that a lot of the time worked better for business because of the apps available.
    06-11-17 10:22 AM
    Tools not toys lol.

What some and they didn't understand is that the toys were and are also tools that a lot of the time worked better for business because of the apps available.
    That's the other good point. Reason why my wife dropped BlackBerry after using them exclusively for years.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-17 10:25 AM
    Very true.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 10:53 AM
    ^^Agree 100% on the marketing. There was no demand. Marketing can't sell people a product they don't want. <snip ...>
    Yes. 1. Released .. with some marketing .. 2. Product returns were too high (as surely the carriers told BB early on). Thus, the carriers would not have wanted MORE advertising from BB to promote more sales followed by more returns. Returns service and rectifying customer issues is WAY MORE resource-intensive than a normal sale, and pulls resources from selling. 3. For BB -- Address the reasons for returns (?) to re-group and push again. Not possible. As the core issue was lack of dev support, not just some small amount of build defects.

I just see it as the carriers told BB early on they had a turkey on their hands. The carriers in various way helped to kill BB10. In NA you can not market a phone to consumers without the carriers helping to sell it.

But the root cause was BB refused to first ... come to market with Android. IMO ...
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-11-17 12:49 PM
    But the root cause was BB refused to first ... come to market with Android. IMO ...
    Problem is, Android was a hot mess in 2008/09/10 when this would have needed to be done. BlackBerry's only differentiating play is security, and Android was utterly unsecurable back then.

Kitkat in 2014 would have been the earliest version they could have worked with.
    06-11-17 01:36 PM
    Hi All,
    People keep on asking me why is use BlackBerry, what should be the best answer to be given kindly share with me.
    Generally I answer them like why people smoke... like wise I do BlackBerry.

Passport Silver Edition
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-11-17 01:41 PM
    Hi All,
    People keep on asking me why is use BlackBerry, what should be the best answer to be given kindly share with me.

Passport Silver Edition
    Why BB10, or why BlackBerry Android? Different answers for each.

But assuming the former, I would say it's a solid, efficient email device (via HUB) in a tough, no-nonsense form-factor.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-11-17 01:44 PM

BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    When I traded in my Company's BB Curve for a BYOD iPhone in 2009 I did not become less productive, I actually found I could do more on my phone. By the time BB10 came out I was already a "productive" iPhone user so I never gave BB10 a second look. I think this is true for most of the people I know. We may at times miss our Curves and Bolds, but I really don't know anyone that has ever had a BB10 phone. By the time BB10 was out, and became ready for prime time we had already moved on.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-17 02:03 PM
    Hi All,

Passport Silver Edition
    That you can't think of your own reason as to why you use it is troubling.
    06-11-17 02:14 PM
    If I didn't know the reason why would I use BlackBerry,i would have been using something else.my point is how should I make them understand that BlackBerry thing to them.

Passport Silver Edition
    06-11-17 02:28 PM
207 1234 ...