What I would love to see in later releases would be:
    - BlackBerry Assistant would be on all the time. It would be activated by simply saying it's name. For example, "BlackBerry, please call mom" without having to press the side button. No more delays in using it.
    - Have the ability to name BlackBerry Assistant to what ever you want be it "BlackBerry", "Siri" for you iPhone converts, or any other name that works for you. The thought here is to name it something you wouldn't use by mistake. If you're daughters name is Siri, you obviously wouldn't use that.
    - have the ability to turn off the assistant from listening for a given amount of time by simply saying "BlackBerry, take an hour break" or any time interval you want.
    - when a meeting is coming up, the assistant would ask you "you have a meeting starting, would you like me to take a break during that time?". Of course that part can be disabled AND you could configure it to auto disable assistant during meetings.

My thoughts around this would be that the phone will be more interactive and would make the assistant more available to be used.

Thought?

Posted via CB10
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    02-14-15 09:04 AM
    Interesting but I take it that the phone would use up more battery and data but if BlackBerry kept those consumptions to a minimum then I can see a HUGE benefit to your idea.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:39 AM
    I agree that battery would need to be considered but data wouldn't be a concern as long as the "listening" was just the phone and no network communication. If the phone has to rely on communication with a server back end then the security concerns would be too high IMO. I wouldn't want a direct speakerphone connect to anywhere past the phone in my pocket.

Of course once you ask the phone to do something, then data will of course play a factor, but that's no different than pressing the button and asking that same question.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:49 AM
    Great idea. I'd also like to add how it needs to have auto read out texts and emails If it's just the user in the car. Obviously a person wouldn't want everyone to hear their texts or emails. It's just ridiculous how we have to rely on an App to auto read out texts or emails. I know BlackBerry Assistant let's the user press side button and we ask to listen to emails or texts, but that's besides the point. I want to know whether there is a special text or email that was sent to me that I had to know right away while I was out.
    The app SayIt was good but still had to look use an app,look down and then press a button. People it's called Hands - Free for a reason!
    02-14-15 12:28 PM
    Does BlackBerry have the virtual equivalent to a suggestion box?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 02:36 PM
    No brainers.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 03:22 PM