I had this problem and this is what fixed it for me:

I upgraded my Q10 ( Q10SQN100-4/10.3.1.2267 ) to 10.3.1 via Sachesi (non-destructive) using the Rogers release. All was fine except for VA's inability to locate my apps. Being on a Q10 this was a big deal.

EDIT: the changing of the device language did not fix the issue for me either.

I decided to attempt a wipe in hopes it would fix this issue and possibly answer another question I had. I was reluctant to go this route but battery pulls and resets didn't fix (forced re-indexing) the problem.

The wipe fixed the issue with the VA not finding my apps. I will note that I did not restore from a backup - all of my important things are sync'd.

Ultimately I did use an autoloader for a fresh clean install as I felt 10.3.1 was sitting on top of my previous install. The VA was still able to find my apps after this install as well.

emPowered by 
    Being away from the tubes for a while, I'm clueless as to how to use an autoloader. Could you pm me a link or your process. I can use a mac or a pc but would prefer to use the pc.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:34 PM
    Being away from the tubes for a while, I'm clueless as to how to use an autoloader. Could you pm me a link or your process. I can use a mac or a pc but would prefer to use the pc.

Posted via CB10
    Here's the link where you can download the autoloader for your device:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=995995

I would recommend doing a search here on CB on how to use autoloaders so you have a full understanding of what it does and the ideal procedure. The autoloader file is an .exe that will completely wipe the OS and the data on your device and reinstall the included OS - it will be as if you picked up your device for the first time.

You should only do this if you like having a fresh install or feel as though there is something wrong with your device or a recent install.

emPowered by 
    03-02-15 07:56 PM
    It is sad to see that there is no fix to this problem other than to reinstall the OS and make sure you don't restore previous settings using official BlackBerry tool.

A tedious and long task to be able to use virtual assistant.

Hopefully BlackBerry will release a fix.

Jajaja What Am I saying? BlackBerry listening to their customers and acting fast? In my opinion that is still unfamiliar territory for the once supreme king of the smartphone market.

So, a fix might be release -or might be not- in the summer, still to figure what year and if is at the very end of the summer or not.

Other than that OS 10.3.1 is yet a very good OS. It fixed a lot of inconveniences 10.2.1 had for me, but still missing quite a few obvious ones. And new features (avoiding VA and the browser problem) are very nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:02 AM
    hope they release a fix soon.
    i can live without it for now but i really would like to try some features but it would take me atleast an 1-2 hours to wipe and restore every settings (lots of synced and configured networks) thats not worth it yet atleast.
    Will give them a month and see if they will release a fix.
    03-03-15 12:39 PM
    hope they release a fix soon.
    i can live without it for now but i really would like to try some features but it would take me atleast an 1-2 hours to wipe and restore every settings (lots of synced and configured networks) thats not worth it yet atleast.
    Will give them a month and see if they will release a fix.
    It's not really a fix that's needed. Is it? Who here has updated via their carrier and has these issues??

I'm on att and put on Rodgers official as a fresh install. There's no reason for it not to work though. I have no clue why this happens.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:04 PM
    It's not really a fix that's needed. Is it? Who here has updated via their carrier and has these issues??
    Me. As I have posted earlier in this thread I went from my carrier's official 10.2.1 to official 10.3.1. Others here have said they did the same. This is not a "fresh install" or a leaked OS problem. It is just as likely to happen if you only ever do official carrier upgrades.
    03-03-15 09:11 PM
    Me. As I have posted earlier in this thread I went from my carrier's official 10.2.1 to official 10.3.1. Others here have said they did the same. This is not a "fresh install" or a leaked OS problem. It is just as likely to happen if you only ever do official carrier upgrades.
    I think this has something to do with 10.3.1, and even more so the VA, being drastically different (a new app in terms of the VA) than 10.2.1. For some reason it doesn't "see" pre-existing apps. The question is: Why doesn't the VA recognize already installed/established apps? The other question would be: is it ever possible to re-index/force VA to do so without a clean install? There's gotta be a database or something of the sort that needs to be refreshed/updated correctly that isn't.

For me, the fresh install was faster than Sachesi - I didn't mind setting things up again. But for those with lots of apps without independent backup options, this can be a huge PITA.

This shouldn't be an issue, but sadly it is. There is a work around if you have the time and patience.

Aside from some aesthetic gripes, 10.3.1 is nice and smooth on my Q10.

emPowered by 
    03-03-15 09:19 PM
    I think this has something to do with 10.3.1, and even more so the VA, being drastically different (a new app in terms of the VA) than 10.2.1. For some reason it doesn't "see" pre-existing apps. The question is: Why doesn't the VA recognize already installed/established apps? The other question would be: is it ever possible to re-index/force VA to do so without a clean install? There's gotta be a database or something of the sort that needs to be refreshed/updated correctly that isn't.

For me, the fresh install was faster than Sachesi - I didn't mind setting things up again. But for those with lots of apps without independent backup options, this can be a huge PITA.

This shouldn't be an issue, but sadly it is. There is a work around if you have the time and patience.

Aside from some aesthetic gripes, 10.3.1 is nice and smooth on my Q10.

emPowered by 
    I'm so I wiped/restored my phone with link to att official 10.2 whatever (like if it was new), then I put Rodgers 10.3.1 on top of that.

My va doesn't see apps. So, what's my next step?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:22 PM
    I'm so I wiped/restored my phone with link to att official 10.2 whatever (like if it was new), then I put Rodgers 10.3.1 on top of that.

My va doesn't see apps. So, what's my next step?

Posted via CB10
    Ah, you should do the wipe after you install 10.3.1. So in your case, with 10.3.1 currently installed, perform another wipe (not original OS install via Link. A security wipe) and see if that gets things back in order.

emPowered by 
    03-04-15 05:31 PM
    Ah, you should do the wipe after you install 10.3.1. So in your case, with 10.3.1 currently installed, perform another wipe (not original OS install via Link. A security wipe) and see if that gets things back in order.

emPowered by 
    Super. I'll try that tomorrow night. Thx.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:48 PM
    That really sucks.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:49 PM
    Update today fixed this for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:12 AM
    This just happened to me today after doing a clean install of 10.3.1.1949 a few months ago and then an OTA update to 10.3.1.2582 about a month ago. Yesterday BlackBerry Assistant could find my installed apps just fine. Today it can't anymore. I clean installed 10.3.1 organ log specifically to avoid this problem as using Sachesi to go from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 resulted in this problem every time in testing. I thought it was limited to occurring during software updates but it's happened to me just with normal use of the phone.

BlackBerry need to know about this and come up with a fix.
    04-16-15 04:24 PM
    Update today fixed this for me.

Posted via CB10
    What OS Version did you update to that fixed this?
    04-16-15 04:25 PM
    Anyone have a good fix for this yet? Z10 with 10.3.3
    The odd thing is it sometimes works. If I ask it to open browser, no problem. If I ask it to search Google, it will ask me what I want to search for and then open the browser.
    If I ask "What's the best laptop?", it has no problem opening the browser to search.
    If I ask "Where can I buy a car?" it complains that it is unable to find a browser.
    If I type "Where can I buy a car?" it has no problem opening up the browser for a search.
    If I ask "Where can I buy a bike?" also no problem opening browser for a search.

What gives?
    08-03-17 11:16 PM
90 ... 234