Yes, something seems to be wrong in the settings. I did a full backup > security wipe > restored apps and media > then restored settings. It wasn't until restoring setting that the bug reappeared.

I'm thinking about doing a security wipe again and just starting fresh with the phone.
    02-22-15 02:16 PM
    10.3.1.2267? mine is different it's 15 something and the guys having the issues seem to be on that update as well.
    02-22-15 02:35 PM
    You may be confusing software version with OS version. Mine is...

Software: 10.3.1.1581
    02-22-15 02:40 PM
    You may be confusing software version with OS version. Mine is...

Software: 10.3.1.1581
    OK then
    Blackberry Assistant "Unable to find browser on your device"-img_20150222_162936.png

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:29 PM
    Same issue here. Very sad for now, although I would probably only use it for a few days anyways

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:59 PM
    Wiped again and started fresh without restoring. I manually installed apps, copied and pasted media data...everything was fine. Then I can't change the device name in BB link. Removed and reinstall BB link too, still the same problem. This's not as a big deal as Assistant not working, but still an annoyance and I wonder what's wrong with this 10.3.1 I've downloaded.
    02-23-15 05:38 AM
    Logic would dictate that there's something in your restore that's causing the problem.
    Duh! The question is... what?
    02-23-15 01:44 PM
    I don't think that really matters(to BlackBerry it might), because as far as I know you can't pick and choose which aspects of settings to restore. You either restore all settings reintroducing the bug and then wait for a fix from BlackBerry, or you don't restore settings which fixes the bug but you have to spend an hour reapplying your preferred settings.

I didn't want to abandon my settings because it would mean losing my contacts and calendar(Why such important info is tied in with the settings backup is beyond me). But anyway, I took this opportunity to finally set up my contacts and calendar to sync with my Gmail/Google account. That way I don't have to be worried about losing them when something goes wrong with my settings in the future.

So yeah, my recommendation for this bug is to sync your contacts/calendar with a 3rd party service(or Link?), do a full backup of your device, perform a security wipe, restore everything except settings, spend an hour reapplying settings manually, enjoy.

At least this bug is fixable with a little elbow grease.
    cbvinh likes this.
    02-23-15 02:04 PM
    The "what?" part is up to the user, i.e how much time does the user want to spend debugging versus just doing a wipe and install and /not/ restore.

As peterallcdn says, the settings are all tied into one bundled file, which means if you want to /truly/ figure out where things broke, you would need to install 10.2.1.x, add one app at a time and set it, do a backup, install 10.3.1.x, restore the settings, and see if something broke. That would be completely time consuming and probably not worth anyone's time.
    02-23-15 03:23 PM
    Here is solution to the problem (I did not discover it so I do not take credit for it)
    1. Back up your phone with blackberry link (choose custom back up Application Data,Media) DO NOT Backup device settings / contact calendar data
    2. Back up your SMS and or CONTACTS , EMAIL, CALENDAR data with app like Ultimate Backup app
    3. Secure wipe your phone
    4. Restore backup from blackberry link
    5. Restore backup from ultimate backup

And the problem is gone and all your apps , email and contacts are back

I use google for contacts and calendars so I only backed up SMS. The rest I got from setting up Google accounts on freshly restored OS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-23-15 05:57 PM
    Here is solution to the problem (I did not discover it so I do not take credit for it)
    1. Back up your phone with blackberry link (choose custom back up Application Data,Media) DO NOT Backup device settings / contact calendar data
    2. Back up your SMS and or CONTACTS , EMAIL, CALENDAR data with app like Ultimate Backup app

And the problem is gone and all your apps , email and contacts are back

I use google for contacts and calendars so I only backed up SMS. The rest I got from setting up Google accounts on freshly restored OS.

And this works? In going to see if reloading the search. Bar file on the 10.3.1 update helps?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:49 PM
    Yep, this is what I figured out too, but two notes, one important, the other just useful.

1. Ultimate Backup does NOT backup/restore Password Keeper data. You can do this manually from Password Keeper. If you don't, you will LOSE ALL YOUR PASSWORDS!
    2. Rather than choosing not to back up the device settings, you can back everything up but then choose not to restore the device settings. This is probably a safer and easier route. That way you have EVERYTHING backed up just in case you find you need it.
    02-23-15 09:59 PM
    And this works?
    Yes it does, but it can be a pain. I had to manually reenter the details for my Evernote, Box, OneDrive, and six email accounts. Also, although I was able to restore all my Native and Android apps (except sideloaded ones) I lost all the folders I had them organized into and had to move them all back to the desired app pages. When it was all done though the Assistant was able to find the browser properly. Unless BlackBerry comes to the rescue this method seems to be the only way to go.
    Last edited by Martin Green; 02-23-15 at 10:56 PM.
    02-23-15 10:05 PM
    Yep, this is what I figured out too, but two notes, one important, the other just useful.

1. Ultimate Backup does NOT backup/restore Password Keeper data. You can do this manually from Password Keeper. If you don't, you will LOSE ALL YOUR PASSWORDS!
    2. Rather than choosing not to back up the device settings, you can back everything up but then choose not to restore the device settings. This is probably a safer and easier route. That way you have EVERYTHING backed up just in case you find you need it.
    Yes I just learnt that hard way on password keeper. The newest version backup all data in cloud. Which is highly useful

02-23-15 11:52 PM
    Yes it does,
    Not for everybody

I got quite fed up with the broken Ultimate Search, so I wiped the device. Reinstalled the OS and before I did any restore, I tried to launch an app by typing its name. But still no of the apps are shown although apps are included in the search index and the app icon is shown in the right side bar ...
    Quite annoying

Edit: Ah ... and yes after the reinstall I let the device sit on the desk for a few hours to settle a bit
    02-23-15 11:54 PM
    Just received my passport yesterday (at&t) still learning the features but I have noticed that blackberry assistant takes a very long time to initialize. Will continue testing to see if it improves, currently I am turned off to the feature.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    02-24-15 08:37 AM
    Just received my passport yesterday (at&t) still learning the features but I have noticed that blackberry assistant takes a very long time to initialize. Will continue testing to see if it improves, currently I am turned off to the feature.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    It speech up from what I've noticed

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:54 PM
    Okay I found another fix. I saw the post saying that we can do the update if we remove the Sim card, restart the device and on Wi-Fi only. I did that even though I already updated to 10.3.1 on sachesi. I didn't think it would work as I already installed 10.3.1 on sachesi. But when I did that It downloaded two more update files and installed and restarted my device, now when I use my phone everything works so does opening up the browser. Again I didn't change any settings or reloaded the software left us know if this works for you too. I got my phone from shop BlackBerry btw. -005
    Here are some screenshots so you can see
    Blackberry Assistant "Unable to find browser on your device"-img_20150224_231854.png
    Blackberry Assistant "Unable to find browser on your device"-img_20150224_231612.png
    Blackberry Assistant "Unable to find browser on your device"-img_20150224_231558.png

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:05 AM
    I also noticed something, look at my previous os number and my new one, I've seen other people have that same numbers having the same browser issues...
    Blackberry Assistant "Unable to find browser on your device"-img_20150225_093608.png

The software release is different... so when we updated via sachesi, I think through Rogers (I think) the software release is a lower number...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:37 AM
    Still have the issue. Despite security wipe. I upgraded from. 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 from carrier (bell). I have never installed a leak. BlackBerry Z30 STA 100-5 software release 10.3.1.1581.

Anyone have any other ideas? As others have said it seems to have issues recognizing several apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:48 AM
    Just noticed i have the same problem...
    I was happy to upgrade my q5 with link to the official 10.3.1 (ota didnt work because of space problems) and i didnt have to wipe the device but now i will probably still have to do it

I noticed that istant actions command like ebay, amazon and stuff like this didnt work and then also noticed that the "no browser on device" bug. This is really annoying. I will stick with this for a few days and hope someone finds a solution without having to wipe the device and configuring it manually again.
    02-25-15 12:49 PM
    Still have the issue. Despite security wipe. I upgraded from. 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 from carrier (bell). I have never installed a leak. BlackBerry Z30 STA 100-5 software release 10.3.1.1581.

Anyone have any other ideas? As others have said it seems to have issues recognizing several apps.

Posted via CB10
    Did you see that I had the same problem and what I did to fix it? Give that a try....

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 04:11 PM
    Z30. Running 10.3.1 for two days without problems. Today I downloaded "Opera mini browser" from Amazon played with it but decided to delete since it didn't do anything better than BlackBerry browser. Also downloaded and deleted "Home Screen Plus" (didn't work at all).
    After that, I started getting the "can not find browser " message from assistant .
    One of the two must have caused the problem.
    I did a security wipe, a 49 mb update ( over the air when prompted) and full restore from a backup of 2 days ago through link and it is all fixed now.

From my Z30.
    02-26-15 07:50 PM
    I did a non-destructive update from 10.2.1 to official 10.3.1, that's about 3-4 days ago and my Assistant can find the browser just fine.

Although, within those 3-4 days, my device somehow restarted itself about 6 times, so maybe those restarts also help

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-26-15 08:35 PM
    How are you all doing the update? I'm thinking that you are using Sachesi

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 06:19 AM
90 1234