Hi folks,

I just upgraded my Q10 to 10.3.1 and when I use Blackberry Assistant to search something on Google or go to a URL it says "Unable to find browser for your device." Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have advice on how to fix it? Thanks!
    02-20-15 12:30 PM
    Hi folks,

I just upgraded my Q10 to 10.3.1 and when I use Blackberry Assistant to search something on Google or go to a URL it says "Unable to find browser for your device." Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have advice on how to fix it? Thanks!
    I just generally say "search Internet for......." And works without issue
    02-20-15 03:20 PM
    Hi folks,

Yeah have the same issue - and also looking for a solution
    02-20-15 03:23 PM
    I am having the same issue.
    02-20-15 08:45 PM
    Having this issue too. Very very strange
    02-20-15 11:15 PM
    Saw this too. But it fixed itself.
    It looks like they delayed assistant initialization till after a bunch of the other syncing was done.

Now "launch calculator", "goto cnn dot com", etc. all work famously... and fast!

If it's been more than a day, try a restart of the device.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:32 PM
    Found the solution guys! After months of using the leak I had this big. Here is what you need to do... it will force the OS to reinstall the language files (I think)

-switch from your current language to another one in the BlackBerry assistant settings (for exemple, I switched from English US to English UK)

-try to launch an app with BlackBerry assistant... it should work!

-switch it back to your preferred language

Done!

If that doesn't work, another way is to factory reset and restore from backup using link, except device settings

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:50 PM
    I tried all of that except for the factory reset, and it didn't fix it

Per dguy123's note, it has been almost 36 hours since my upgrade, and it still doesn't work. Calculator doesn't work either. Can't find the app.

It's a shame because the assistant is touted as one of the key new/enhanced features. You'd think it would work out of the gate. I'm trying to get a sense for whether this is a widespread problem or not.
    02-21-15 10:05 AM
    I tried all of that except for the factory reset, and it didn't fix it

Per dguy123's note, it has been almost 36 hours since my upgrade, and it still doesn't work. Calculator doesn't work either. Can't find the app.

It's a shame because the assistant is touted as one of the key new/enhanced features. You'd think it would work out of the gate. I'm trying to get a sense for whether this is a widespread problem or not.
    The calculator app is available in BlackBerry World!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:19 PM
    I'm having the same issues. It's been almost 24 hours since I installed the 10.3.1 update on my Telus Z10 and BlackBerry Assistant still can't find apps. Saying "search the internet for..." or "google..." both fail because the Assistant can't find/open the browser. As mentioned above, "launch [app name]..." also fails because the apps can't be found. Tried changing the language but no success.
    02-21-15 04:44 PM
    Fixed it for me... thanks tons bobshine.

EDIT: Oops... no it didn't.

-switch from your current language to another one in the BlackBerry assistant settings (for exemple, I switched from English US to English UK)

-try to launch an app with BlackBerry assistant... it should work!

-switch it back to your preferred language
    02-21-15 06:35 PM
    For people having the problem, what device are you using (model, unlocked/locked), which version of the OS (10.3.1.????), restored settings from backup or not? Let's see if there's a pattern.
    02-21-15 06:48 PM
    STL100-3 Z10 (Red LE Developer edition). Software Release 10.3.1.1581 OS Version 10.3.1.2267

Carrier: Fido (Never carrier locked)

Updated from 10.2.1 via Blackberry Link

For people having the problem, what device are you using (model, unlocked/locked), which version of the OS (10.3.1.????), restored settings from backup or not? Let's see if there's a pattern.
    Last edited by Martin Green; 02-21-15 at 07:32 PM.
    02-21-15 06:58 PM
    The pattern is that it seems to happen to people that did a non destructive update from 10.2.1 to a leaked 10.3.1...

I had this for months... but it never really bothered me since I don't launch apps from BlackBerry Assistant.

However it just magically solved a couple of days ago... after installing the update, I was still having the problem. However I played around with the BlackBerry assistant settings and it solved by itself.

Maybe it's an indexing issue... who knows.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:24 PM
    The pattern is that it seems to happen to people that did a non destructive update from 10.2.1 to a leaked 10.3.1...
    Nope. I resisted the lure of the leak. I did a non-destructive update from 10.2.1 using the official release pushed from Fido yesterday.
    02-21-15 07:29 PM
    Z10
    Model: STL100-3
    Software: 10.3.1.1581
    Carrier: Telus - locked

- Attempted to install the update OTA.
    - Cleared out 800MB of space as requested by the update.
    - Downloaded 1GB update.
    - Update went all the way to completion before issuing a warning that something went wrong and to try again.
    - When trying again, this time it wanted me to download an update at 1.5GB (1/2 GB bigger!).
    - This updated had requested even more space be cleared for install.
    - I didn't want to clear the space so I switched to installing via Link after reading that was a way to get around the available space problem.
    - Update via Link went fine although it took several hours to complete. I don't know if it made or restored any backups during that process.

Thanks!
    02-21-15 07:29 PM
    Nope. I also resisted the urge to install a leak. Went straight from official 10.2.1 to official 10.3.1.

After the failed OTA update, I simply hooked my phone up to Link, checked for updates and installed the version provided.
    02-21-15 07:33 PM
    By the way, I'm hoping this too is linked to BlackBerry Assistant not being able to access apps.... But, has anyone else tried sending a BBM using the Assistant? I tried sending several and the process appears to work but then no BBM message is actually sent. Like I said, I hope this is just another example of the Assistant not being able to access an app, in this case BBM, and not another bug in itself.
    02-21-15 07:47 PM
    Even I have the same problem...

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:33 PM
    How many had this problem and got it solved (except through security wipe and selectively restoring through backup)?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:43 PM
    I wiped it and tested, assistant worked fine. But after the restore the problem appeared again.
    02-22-15 02:09 AM
    No problem on z3.
    02-22-15 02:34 AM
    I wiped it and tested, assistant worked fine. But after the restore the problem appeared again.
    Logic would dictate that there's something in your restore that's causing the problem.

Don't tell me, you're going to wipe and restore over and over again to see if anything changes. Good luck.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-22-15 03:09 AM
    I have exactly the same problem. Secure wipe did fix the problem and backup restore would bring back the problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-22-15 05:29 AM
    Nope. I resisted the lure of the leak. I did a non-destructive update from 10.2.1 using the official release pushed from Fido yesterday.
    Exactly the same for me. Official 10.2.1 to official 10.3.1 via nondestructive update. Changing the language didn�t help
    02-22-15 05:45 AM
90 123 ...