Is the blackberry assistant not working properly in other languages?

I use my phone in german, but only tried blackberry assistant a couple of times, because it is simply useless. When setting tasks, reminders, I can't even select what I want to be reminded off, etc.
    Watching a voice assistant comparison, between blackberry, google now & siri, the guy was able to ask "Have I received any emails from Nico" and it would show a list of those emails. Again in german, it understands my request "Habe ich Emails von Nico erhalten", but then says "Voice command not understood". After switching to english, the voice command does work.
    Here's the comparison video with the stuff that should work

So does the Blackberry Assistant only fully work in english? Or am I just phrasing the commands/questions wrong?
    08-06-16 02:21 PM
    I was asking my self many times the same question, and maybe because I am serbian and can't pronounce the words in english so perfect like someone to whom english is native language, BB assistant very rarely recognize my commands.

Either I am saying the name of some of my friends, because in serbian when we type some letter, we are pronouncing that letter exactly like it is written, but not with latin ( E is e for us, not like english's would say E is i to them) pronouncing, BB assistant can't understand properly in 90% of cases.

So i gave up. It must be that someone would need seriously hard to work to involve specific language packs into assistant, and that could be only some enthusiastic who would do that for smaller country like mine 😉
    08-07-16 02:58 AM
    BlackBerry Assistant works when it works. The only problem with it is that it doesn't work when it doesn't work. I have used it in both German and English. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't work at all, sometimes it's a 50/50 thing.

Right now it's doing the 50/50 thing.

If I launch the assistant and say "Meine letzte E-Mail vorlesen", it recognizes my voice command and brings up the e-mail on the screen. Then, in the stupid way in which BlackBerry Assistant has been designed, it asks me "Was m�chten Sie tun?" right after showing me the e-mail in response to my command to read it. But under the 50/50 scenario, the robot voice lady does not speak to me, there is just that stupid "doink" noise. But I can read the question on the screen in Assistant "Was m�chten Sie tun?"

I can then repeat "Die verdammte E-Mail vorlesen" until my brain explodes. It will just keep responding with "doink". However, if I say "Die E-Mail beantworten" or "Abbrechen", it does respond to my voice command.

It's the same nonsense in English, so obviously Assistant is useless if you have to look at the screen, follow along with the instructions, and the thing won't talk.

In short, it seems that it responds correctly to my voice commands to do anything -- read an e-mail, play a song, send a text message -- anything except reading a message back to me, and as long as I read the instructions on the screen instead of being directed by the robot voice, which apparently has gone on strike.

So it's basically useless.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 09:09 PM