BlackBerry assistant will not send a BBM message, any ideas or other issues people have noticed.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:41 AM
    One of the first things I tried was sending a BBM message. Worked fine. You will probably have to post more details of what actually happened for people to help.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    03-08-15 09:57 AM
    BlackBerry assistant will not send a BBM message, any ideas or other issues people have noticed.

Posted via CB10
    It completely misunderstands me. I say "find a Restaurant nearby" and it says "searching the internet for Restaurant". And whatever I say, it looks for the internet. Even "how are you Assistant"

Downgraded from 10.3.1 to 10.2.1 official, still shuttering Z 29
    03-08-15 10:00 AM
    I can't figure out how to use it lol. Maybe because I haven't spent more than 10 seconds trying to figure it out but still I just kind of expected it to kick arse since everyone was raving about it. I finally learned how to open it and type instead of dictate lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:35 AM
    Lol, from what I feel about BBVA, it's just sucks! Seriously, I mean Cortana is so much better! And it's still beta, and BBVA is like talking to robot with its robotic voice, no personality whatsoever, no sassy talk etc etc

I wish BBVA could get a lot better but for me it's just a toy anyway cause, like what you have, BBVA almost every time misunderstood me, I said A she said B

Posted by mighty Z10
    03-08-15 10:46 AM
    Should be called "Blackberry Inconsistent".

When I do a search it tells me the first three places it has found BUT sometimes it also reads the address of each place(which is very helpful when driving), other times it does not read the address, why?

Add to that it does not list the results in order of distance from my current location. Its not alphabetical either, seems totally random on how BA presents the list of results.

BA needs lots of work.
    03-08-15 04:49 PM
    It completely misunderstands me. I say "find a Restaurant nearby" and it says "searching the internet for Restaurant". And whatever I say, it looks for the internet. Even "how are you Assistant"

Downgraded from 10.3.1 to 10.2.1 official, still shuttering Z 29
    Turn on your location setting to find restaurants nearby. As far as asking "how are you assistant?" just what do you expect?

 Z10 STL 100-3 OS 10.3.1.2267
    03-08-15 05:51 PM
    Mine can't find apps for anything.

Me - "What's the age rating for the TV show last man on earth?"
    BA - "Unable to find the browser on your device."

Send BBM, email, texts - no sweat, all working fine. General questions like hockey scores,or current temperature, it works fine. Apps..... it�s like I'm using Apple Maps.
    03-08-15 08:08 PM
    Blackberry assistant issues-img_20150308_211012.png

When I asked BA for the age rating for the TV Show last man on earth, this is what I got.

03-08-15 09:19 PM
    Turn on your location setting to find restaurants nearby. As far as asking "how are you assistant?" just what do you expect?

Location settings is always been turned on. And if you wonder what would I expect, ask it yourself and see!
    03-09-15 04:08 AM
    For the most part BlackBerry Assistant is acceptable but the issue I'm having is that the microphone is too sensitive to use in a lightly noisy, white noise-like area. When I'm done asking a question the microphone will continue to pick up any light noise even if I cover the mics on the z10; I end up backing out and typing what I'm looking for.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    03-10-15 12:14 AM
    In response to my initial query, I'll elaborate a little, I ask bba to send a BBM to my wife, I go through the whole process and it asks if I want to send which I do, it tells me message has been sent, my wife gets no message, and when I open BBM no message exists. It works fine when sending a text message, just seems to fsil miserably with bbm

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 04:49 PM
    I can't figure out how to use it lol. Maybe because I haven't spent more than 10 seconds trying to figure it out but still I just kind of expected it to kick arse since everyone was raving about it.

Posted via CB10
    I was going to ask how you could believe that BBAssistant kicks arse, but you kind of answered that when you said you can't figure out how to use it. Who in their right mind is saying that it kicks arse? BBAssistant and BBMaps and the single two most useless, underperforming apps on BB10.

Basically, you ask BBA something and it sends you to Google. Almost every time. I ask it to add shortcuts on my keyboard, it sends me to Google. I ask it who the leading scorer in the NBA is, it sends me to Google.

There are some things it can do, but you can tell they didn't spend much time on this and just wanted to get something out. Compared to Cortana or Siri or Google Now, it is quite embarrassing. I tried to get Google Now downloaded but it won't work because of GPServices. Hopefully we can get an update on BBA so it can do more than just send me to Google.
    03-12-15 06:34 PM