Just wondering, what is BlackBerry assisstant still capable of in 2020? Is it just me, or is full assistance mode basically disabled?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-20 04:59 PM
    Just wondering, what is BlackBerry assisstant still capable of in 2020? Is it just me, or is full assistance mode basically disabled?

Posted via CB10
    It's not just you. The assistant is crippled as was previously announced. I've long ago disabled it completely in settings.
    11-21-20 05:15 PM
    Thanks, I must have missed that announcement.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-20 05:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Crippled? yes. Completely dead? No. Still good for voice calling from contacts list. Also good for "Send a text message" . Good for basic opening of various apps...open notes, open music, open camera, open maps, open zoom, open cnn.com , open msnbc.com but of course fails to open foxnews.com (seems that that voice recognition software has some kind of media glitch bias as well?)
    11-22-20 06:47 AM
    Crippled? yes. Completely dead? No. Still good for voice calling from contacts list. Also good for "Send a text message" . Good for basic opening of various apps...open notes, open music, open camera, open maps, open zoom, open cnn.com , open msnbc.com but of course fails to open foxnews.com (seems that that voice recognition software has some kind of media glitch bias as well?)
    Awesome, that's mostly what I'd use it for anyway (maybe not the news sites, I just use Kaktus...). Curious though, how are you getting zoom to work on BB10?

-cheers
    11-22-20 10:22 AM
    LMAO
    11-22-20 12:05 PM
    I haven't gotten it to "send a text message", but it will call a contact. The assistant also seems to work through the keyboard, in that I can type something from the main screen, then tap on an app such as Google and it will search using the browser.

I can't figure out why it won't follow the other voice prompts, as they don't require any connectivity other than the required mobile connection for sending texts. I'm not trying to use BlackBerry Messenger.

I didn't buy the phone for that purpose, and I have always felt lucky that I have what Internet features I do have. I got it mainly for texting and voice calls. All else is lucky extras in my view.

Still, it would have been nice if voice recognition worked better.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-20 06:08 AM
    How did you get zoom to work?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-20 09:58 PM
    How did you get zoom to work?

Posted via CB10
    On BB10? Not sure why you asked the question in this thread but from my understanding you don't.
    11-24-20 01:31 AM
    On BB10? Not sure why you asked the question in this thread but from my understanding you don't.
    He asked because i_plod_an_dr_void said the assistant was good for opening other apps... and listed as an example Zoom. Assistant can open it... doesn't really mean that it works.
    11-24-20 08:37 AM
    Months ago I actually did get zoom to work, but is was laggy. So laggy that it wasn't useful. With later updates over the last few months, adding security measures, I'm sure it wouldn't function at all

Posted via CB10
    11-29-20 02:19 AM
    I think the scope of its search is pretty extensible, its also pretty fast.
    You can add to it from the browsers open search description specification.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-20 12:54 PM
    Months ago I actually did get zoom to work, but is was laggy. So laggy that it wasn't useful. With later updates over the last few months, adding security measures, I'm sure it wouldn't function at all

Posted via CB10
    You can schedule meetings with the native zoom app on BB10 and you can look at those meetings scheduled by others, but the actual video call functionality no longer works. This is, as you say, because of the end to end encryption added to zoom calls a few months ago.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-20 06:54 AM
    The server that used to answer questions using wolfram isn't running anymore but the assistant app itself still has tons of functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Yesterday 04:22 PM