I know BlackBerry is focusing on being the handset for enterprise users, but there is no 3rd party support from major communications companies.
    I work for a Global leader in Unified Communications. My company has dropped all BlackBerry support and so have pretty much all other OEMs. There are no native BB apps for any enterprise business applications. The only app is WebEx. There is no Lync, Cisco, Avaya, or Polycom support.

My enterprise clients have all expressed their love of BB10 but they are now leaning to iOS because BlackBerry has no support of any major OEM that produces Unified Communications apps.

IMO, johnny chen is just another terrible captain leading the BB ship into deeper waters.

BB needs to focus on getting 3rd party app support!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:47 AM
    I couldn't disagree more.

Were it not for John Chen, you wouldn't have started the above discussion because BlackBerry would have been sold for parts. Chen has done a fantastic job rescuing the company. The first thing you do with a patient that's bleeding out is stabilize - and that's what Chen has done.

Have you been following the news since Chen became CEO? He's struck deals with Foxconn and Samsung, among others. He's made some smart acquisitions. He's doing a good job.

Now, there is much more to do, and Chen knows it. Fortunately, BB10 continues to improve. There are still a number of native apps missing, and that should be worked on, but the evolution from 10 to 10.1 to 10.2 to 10.2.1 has been great to see.
    der_mit and Richard Buckley like this.
    11-20-14 12:49 AM