What can you do when you've paid for an app and it asks for all sorts of permissions it doesn't need? What's your recourse?

Many apps are insisting on access to shared files. That is all your files on your device plus all your cloud services! There has to be more stringent restrictions placed on apps. If I've already paid $5 or $10 for that app, can I get a refund?
    03-09-13 12:18 PM
    You can go into the application management and remove permissions, though this may not work for ported Android applications. You can write the vendor at the provided support contact (email or other) to ask for justification of the permission or request an update that works without the permission.

As far as a refund for a purchase on BlackBerry World you would have to take that up with BlackBerry and/or Digital River. I believe the official path for getting a refund is to contact BlackBerry World support.
    03-09-13 12:27 PM
    What can you do when you've paid for an app and it asks for all sorts of permissions it doesn't need? What's your recourse?

Many apps are insisting on access to shared files. That is all your files on your device plus all your cloud services! There has to be more stringent restrictions placed on apps. If I've already paid $5 or $10 for that app, can I get a refund?
    Acces to storage is needed in some cases for offline storage.
    03-09-13 12:32 PM
    Acces to storage is needed in some cases for offline storage.
    Each application has its own storage location. Access to the shared folder is only needed for applications that need to access shared data. A picture edition as a valid reason to access the shared folder to get at pictures taken by the camera. A podcast downloader may need access to the shared folder to place podcasts in the music directory so that it can use the media player. It should be apparent from the function of the application, or the description, what it needs.

I understand where the OP is comming from. I downloaded a perscription reminder program that asked for access to my personal data and the internet. I denied the permissions and deleted the app. Luckily for me it was free.

This issue has made me step back and wonder how I should monitize my applications. BlackBerry World doesn't support a free trial any more, but what I'm looking into is a free version with basic but useful function and in app purchase to upgrade to advanced function.
    03-09-13 05:03 PM