09-10-15 03:28 PM
28 12
tools
    Login into the BB Protect website using your BBID and BBID password. Go to Manage devices. Remove the device. That free's up the BB protect on the device and your device is free to be sold off / used by someone else. That dissociates your BB Protect and BBID from the device so when the new owner uses an autoloader - the new owner can reconfigure the new BBID into the device. The key thing here is you must know your original BBID and BBID password.

I think this is how it works - though I havent tried it myself.
    09-10-15 12:34 AM
    The autoloader required the device's password, they wouldn't be able to run it regardless.

This is a pointless second step.

Add to that there's no way to change the BBID or sign-out without running an auto-loader, I'd say this is a pretty silly "feature".

Thanks, BlackBerry, can't use my own phone!

EDIT: The device's PIN is showing up under my BlackBerry protect page too.
    you're wrong thinking this is a pointless feature...that second step authentication of the original BBID is the point of the feature and this feature should have been available 3 or more years ago and is the point of a secure phone.

not everyone wants to set a device password on their phone. that should not mean they deserve to have their phone stolen, so the autoloader asking for a device pin is not a security protection. even if i don't have a device pin set up on my phone, i don't want someone else owning my phone

if the device was yours, then you should know the BBID and password that was used to set the phone up after it was purchased
    highos and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    09-10-15 04:10 AM
    you're wrong thinking this is a pointless feature...that second step authentication of the original BBID is the point of the feature and this feature should have been available 3 or more years ago and is the point of a secure phone.

not everyone wants to set a device password on their phone. that should not mean they deserve to have their phone stolen, so the autoloader asking for a device pin is not a security protection. even if i don't have a device pin set up on my phone, i don't want someone else owning my phone

if the device was yours, then you should know the BBID and password that was used to set the phone up after it was purchased
    Or his friend sign device with his own BBID. Then you should sign with his BBID. Unless he deleted his BBID account, then you have a brick and as far as I know, even BlackBerry can't bypass that. Some topics already exist to that subject.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 03:28 PM
28 12