iOS fixes are meant to lure customer more into the store to get new ones. I know a few who takes their updated phone in for fixes and walk out with new ones.
    03-22-17 07:50 PM
    Yeah but the difference is that iOS OTA issues typically have a fix out pretty fast whereas I wouldn't recommend you to hold your breath for a BB10.3.3 fix
    What part of my post does anyone able to read not understand? I don't have any of the above issue. That's it. If anyone sadly does, reinstallation will fix it. I actually have three Passports, one of them being used by my wife, who happens to be a pretty normal user, and she has zero complaints about the update.
    Any os can come to meet some sort of update issue, be it ios, android or BB 10.

Posted via CB10
    jyoule2017 likes this.
    03-22-17 07:54 PM
    What part of my post does anyone able to read not understand? I don't have any of the above issue. That's it. If anyone sadly does, reinstallation will fix it. I actually have three Passports, one of them being used by my wife, who happens to be a pretty normal user, and she has zero complaints about the update.

Posted via CB10
    I never said you had an issue with your update. Just that you shouldn't hold your breath for a 10.3.3 fix.

Now... if only I can update my Z30... I had to delete all my apps, and even there it says that I don't have enough room. Did they fix that problem?

Then I decided to wipe the device and ran into the dreadful BB10-0015 error.

Then I tried BB link and guess what? I don't even want to go there!

So anyone understand my frustration?
    03-22-17 08:19 PM
    I never said you had an issue with your update. Just that you shouldn't hold your breath for a 10.3.3 fix.

Now... if only I can update my Z30... I had to delete all my apps, and even there it says that I don't have enough room. Did they fix that problem?

Then I decided to wipe the device and ran into the dreadful BB10-0015 error.

Then I tried BB link and guess what? I don't even want to go there!

So anyone understand my frustration?
    The problem of not having enough memory comes from OS error. You have to reinstall OS using autoloader.
    It has everything to do with BlackBerry, but they never come up with any solution. It doesn't necessarily have to be 10.3.3 issue. Many Q5 users have been through this, and I believe it is a hardware design fault, and therefore BlackBerry has to take the blame.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 09:59 PM
    The problem of not having enough memory comes from OS error. You have to reinstall OS using autoloader.
    It has everything to do with BlackBerry, but they never come up with any solution. It doesn't necessarily have to be 10.3.3 issue. Many Q5 users have been through this, and I believe it is a hardware design fault, and therefore BlackBerry has to take the blame.

Posted via CB10
    It's most probably system cache memory that never gets flushed. BB never took the time to correct the issue. I highly doubt it's a hardware issue... I can't believe that it would affect all their devices from the Z10 to the Passport
    03-22-17 10:41 PM
    It's most probably system cache memory that never gets flushed. BB never took the time to correct the issue. I highly doubt it's a hardware issue... I can't believe that it would affect all their devices from the Z10 to the Passport
    I doubt it is caused by system cache. System cache cannot be as big as 4 or 5 gb. It is an OS error, I believe.

As for the hardware design error, I was referring to the 8-gb memory on Q5. I dealt with Q10 of my friends once, but that was the only Q10 with the issue. Your Z30 is the first case that comes with the issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 12:04 AM
    By the time John Chen joined the company, victory was already far out of reach.
    Nope... there was plenty of opportunity for victory in 2014 and 2015... far more than at anytime in many years... but chen chose defeat.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-23-17 12:29 AM
    debated topic over and over. I have BB passport and its a work phone. I manage my 3 emails from that device and you all know how great that is, on the go. Thats the purpose of work device isn't it?. Open up your sheets/docs easily, save them to onedrive, drop box, etc. Evernote is there, and many other decent business related apps. What else you want? So I am keeping it, why should I let it go?

Ya Ya for snapchat, fb messenger, instagram, and all other craps in the social world of kids, I have mid range android or any one can have iphone 5/5s to just play around with photo filters. No one can beat the productive power of BB OS 10 thats why I am not done with it. Next question please...
    +1 like for getting into the point.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 12:46 AM
    iOS fixes are meant to lure customer more into the store to get new ones. I know a few who takes their updated phone in for fixes and walk out with new ones.
    Why would an iOS use go to the store to install a fix? Most of my coworkers have iPhones and they never go into the Apple store to install iOS updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 01:16 AM
    Nope... there was plenty of opportunity for victory in 2014 and 2015... far more than at anytime in many years... but chen chose defeat.
    Chen is an Enterprise Software CEO. He was hired by the Board for this expertise. The Board wanted to move BlackBerry into a software company. If they wanted to stay a hardware company they would have hired a CEO with a hardware background. From day one Chen has always said he was transforming BlackBerry to an enterprise software company.

Also 2013 was way to late. HP/Palm, Nokia, and Microsoft all tried even earlier than BlackBerry and none were successful. The twin CEOs failed, they should have had the next generation BlackBerry OS ready by early 2009. Instead they were working to keep 3G networks from being deployed.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    03-23-17 01:27 AM
    Chen is an Enterprise Software CEO. He was hired by the Board for this expertise. The Board wanted to move BlackBerry into a software company. If they wanted to stay a hardware company they would have hired a CEO with a hardware background. From day one Chen has always said he was transforming BlackBerry to an enterprise software company.

Also 2013 was way to late. HP/Palm, Nokia, and Microsoft all tried even earlier than BlackBerry and none were successful. The twin CEOs failed, they should have had the next generation BlackBerry OS ready by early 2009. Instead they were working to keep 3G networks from being deployed.
    ET TU "BIS"....

then fall BlackBerry....
    03-23-17 02:55 AM
    Normally, I appreciate having information for clarification when decision making. But truthfully, a lot of these business practices by BlackBerry has caused even more confusion regarding BlackBerry's End Game. It makes you wonder whether they truly want to stay in any form of business or just sell the company.

Even if they've decided not to support BlackBerry10, how has their present business practices help build consumer confidence (in either present or future consumers)? Why would anyone not familiar with BlackBerry Devices take the chance to come to BlackBerry Android and why would those loyal to BlackBerry not reconsider staying, if the company becomes synonymous with abandoning venture after venture and platform after platform; to run to the next thing.
    It's pushing the faithful away, to fend for themselves after investing in BlackBerry products (which have proven to be not inexpensive and may not be a good return on investment ; if the life cycle of the software is suspect). It's almost as if BlackBerry is trying to send a signal to those who are considering BlackBerry hardware or software , that their support might end at anytime after your purchase.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    Exactly my thoughts on BlackBerry as a company.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 03:40 AM
    Why would an iOS use go to the store to install a fix? Most of my coworkers have iPhones and they never go into the Apple store to install iOS updates.
    The post said nothing about going to any Apple store to install any fix.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 05:04 AM
    I doubt it is caused by system cache. System cache cannot be as big as 4 or 5 gb. It is an OS error, I believe.

As for the hardware design error, I was referring to the 8-gb memory on Q5. I dealt with Q10 of my friends once, but that was the only Q10 with the issue. Your Z30 is the first case that comes with the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Even the passport has the issue... and the reason why I think it's system cache is because if you look at the size of your OS, it grows with time!

There's lots of threads on this, just have a look. The only solution is a complete wipe
    03-23-17 07:36 AM
    Even the passport has the issue... and the reason why I think it's system cache is because if you look at the size of your OS, it grows with time!

There's lots of threads on this, just have a look. The only solution is a complete wipe
    It is not that I don't read through threads, but I don't have the luxury to read into every article.
    What I post here is based on my personal experience, and that is based on two Passports, one Q10, all under heavy usage, and yet another Passport under normal usage.
    And I have been using BB 10 since the day they launched it. All devices except Q5 and Z3, ok, Leap.
    The size of OS grows and eats up the storage space. It does happen, but I do believe it is not so common.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 12:19 PM
    The post said nothing about going to any Apple store to install any fix.

Posted via CB10
    I quote from the message I responded to "iOS fixes are meant to lure customer more into the store to get new ones."

What store would you take an iPhone to about an iOS update? Also the post was saying the only reason Apple releases fixes was to have get users to go to the store.

Seems to be all about Apple stores being evil upgrade centers.
    03-23-17 01:17 PM
    Long live BB10! Yes!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 01:32 PM
    My passport works really well for me, save for the known app shortages and (much appreciated) workarounds, in fact it could be argued it can help you be more productive as you use it for work and not futzing around in the time wasting black hole of so called social media.
    AliAbbas Icon likes this.
    03-23-17 02:32 PM
    I quote from the message I responded to "iOS fixes are meant to lure customer more into the store to get new ones."

What store would you take an iPhone to about an iOS update? Also the post was saying the only reason Apple releases fixes was to have get users to go to the store.

Seems to be all about Apple stores being evil upgrade centers.
    That's not what he meant. He meant the reason that iOS fixes often cause so many problems is because Apple wants you to go to the store and buy a new iPhone instead.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    03-24-17 12:56 AM
    That's not what he meant. He meant the reason that iOS fixes often cause so many problems is because Apple wants you to go to the store and buy a new iPhone instead.
    Which is ridiculous.

The reality is that we demand more from our OS and our apps every year. Better video, better sound, more sensors with more pixels and better accuracy and on and on. New hardware allows manufacturers to give us all those new things and still maintain good performance - even though it requires a lot of new code that adds to the overall load on the OS.

But users of older models insist on getting that new software for their phones too. Unfortunately, the simple facts are that old hardware quickly loses its ability to keep pace with the new software, and, yes, runs more slowly. That's not the manufacturer's fault - it's simply the nature of advanced tech products.

Who here would volunteer to go back to an i386, 4 Megs of RAM, an IDE hard drive, and Windows 3.1? In its day, that was a great, powerful combo of hardware and software, but today, a $100 Android phone will blow it out of the water in capability. Tech is always moving forward, and older products get left behind, especially in newer product categories. Eventually, the curve starts to flatten out a bit, and devices will last longer (my last desktop gave me great service for 7 years, while the previous one was obsolete in 4, and the one before that obsolete in 3), but we're really just getting to that point with smartphones.
    03-27-17 08:08 PM

Huh however Apple is probably the manufacturer whom has supported their older device the longest! I think on average 5 years per device... which is insanely long in this day and age.
    03-27-17 09:41 PM

What the hell did I just read lol
    03-28-17 08:48 AM
    I know two people at my work this has happened to. They did OTA. Their phone pretty much stop working like it used to and in every way is not usable for them. They went to Apple store and magically they walked out with iPhone 7. That's 2 out of 110 people. most of whom uses Android. Probably 60/40 or in this case ~66/44.
    03-28-17 08:58 AM
    I know two people at my work this has happened to. They did OTA. Their phone pretty much stop working like it used to and in every way is not usable for them. They went to Apple store and magically they walked out with iPhone 7. That's 2 out of 110 people. most of whom uses Android. Probably 60/40 or in this case ~66/44.
    Yeah but you can't generalize. As of march the iphone 5S still has 16% market share, that's a 3 years old phone, going 4 years soon. Whereas the S4 and the S5 aren't even supported by Samsung anymore
    03-28-17 11:01 AM
    Updates are that, it happens on all platforms, some minority that fails are loud, some the quiet majority that succeeds is drowned out. Much like on PCs.
    03-28-17 11:41 AM
76 1234