Official advice: Don’t touch that phone!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...10_is_in_pain/
    03-20-17 02:35 PM
    Doesn't really require an article from the register to see exactly what BlackBerry is doing (but avoiding to come out and say blatantly) unless you are completely delusional.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-20-17 02:38 PM
    I wonder who the "official" giving the advice is.... who is he an "official" for?

But yeah BB10 is the past, at best 10.3.4 will be a fix for 10.3.3... but then what will that break. Best just to let it go....
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    03-20-17 02:48 PM
    BREAKING: The Pope is Catholic
    03-20-17 03:28 PM
    BREAKING: The Pope is Catholic
    Source?
    FF22, anon(2313227) and Lusitano17 like this.
    03-20-17 03:40 PM
    Source?
    An anonymous source in the Justice Department.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-20-17 03:42 PM
    An anonymous source in the Justice Department.
    Same guy who informed that Android N is in the Priv beta right now?
    03-20-17 03:43 PM
    Normally, I appreciate having information for clarification when decision making. But truthfully, a lot of these business practices by BlackBerry has caused even more confusion regarding BlackBerry's End Game. It makes you wonder whether they truly want to stay in any form of business or just sell the company.

Even if they've decided not to support BlackBerry10, how has their present business practices help build consumer confidence (in either present or future consumers)? Why would anyone not familiar with BlackBerry Devices take the chance to come to BlackBerry Android and why would those loyal to BlackBerry not reconsider staying, if the company becomes synonymous with abandoning venture after venture and platform after platform; to run to the next thing.
    It's pushing the faithful away, to fend for themselves after investing in BlackBerry products (which have proven to be not inexpensive and may not be a good return on investment ; if the life cycle of the software is suspect). It's almost as if BlackBerry is trying to send a signal to those who are considering BlackBerry hardware or software , that their support might end at anytime after your purchase.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    The_Passporter and krazyatom like this.
    03-20-17 04:10 PM
    BB should just state that BB10 is end of life. No one would take them seriously if they continue to do this...
    03-20-17 04:16 PM
    BB should just state that BB10 is end of life. No one would take them seriously if they continue to do this...
    BlackBerry will say BB10 is end of life when it is end of life. It is not.
    They are still on the hook for support for the next little while. They have plenty of enterprise customers and BB must give them sufficient warning when it will be EOL.

This is similar situation to, say, Windows 8 desktop, which is not being further developed, but it is not end of life as Microsoft still need to provide support & fixes.

End of life for products are declared when company decides they will no longer provide support, not when the consumer decides they don't want to buy it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(2313227) and FF22 like this.
    03-20-17 06:12 PM
    They are still on the hook for support for the next little while. They have plenty of enterprise customers and BB must give them sufficient warning when it will be EOL.

This is similar situation to, say, Windows 8 desktop, which is not being further developed, but it is not end of life as Microsoft still need to provide support & fixes.

End of life for products are declared when company decides they will no longer provide support, not when the consumer decides they don't want to buy it.

Your comparaison with Windows is flawed. Windows does provide monthly updates to Windows 8. Additionally, apps such as browsers, word, excel, outlook, still continues to be upgraded, either feature wise and security wise.

Can you say the same for BB10? The OS is technically EOL, the only thing missing is the date.

And it is the consumer that decides, cause consumers are the reason being of the existence of BB10. The reason why BB is stuck where they are now is that they haven't listened to consumers. Look at the playbook fiasco... rushed way too soon to the market and also way too much ressources was poured into it when they should had just killed it.

Want another example? Look at Windows 7 and how long Microsoft supported it. Consumers decided the wanted Windows 7 so Windows 7 survived how many... 20 years? A successful company would listen to their consumers. Doing what you suggest them to do, it's what brought BB where they are today
    03-20-17 08:15 PM
    Windows 7, 20 years? Heck 18 years ago Microsoft was just releasing Windows 98. Try find some support these days...

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    03-20-17 08:21 PM
    Want another example? Look at Windows 7 and how long Microsoft supported it. Consumers decided the wanted Windows 7 so Windows 7 survived how many... 20 years?
    From October 2009 until January 2020.
    southlander likes this.
    03-20-17 08:31 PM
    Windows 7, 20 years? Heck 18 years ago Microsoft was just releasing Windows 98. Try find some support these days...

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    Sorry, I meant windows XP... and yeah support didn't reach 20 years, it lasted for 12 years.

But the point is that if BB listened more to their consumers, executed properly, they wouldn't be where they are today
    srzjumper likes this.
    03-20-17 08:38 PM
    Same guy who informed that Android N is in the Priv beta right now?
    You mean it's not?
    03-20-17 09:13 PM
    You mean it's not?
    Lol unless it's some private beta that only one guy knows about then no.
    03-20-17 09:52 PM
    Lol unless it's some private beta that only one guy knows about then no.
    How do you know I'm not the guy?
    03-20-17 10:21 PM
    How do you know I'm not the guy?
    I suppose you could be the guy. Do tell.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-20-17 10:22 PM

Can you please tell us all of these major enterprise customers using BB10? Also, what support is BlackBerry responsible for on BB10? Maybe answer a few questions for those willing to pay. As far as development support I think they are done once they patch 10.3.3. What else are you expecting. I think they are following the Playbook model. Don't do anything for a long time, be quite and then one day announce EOL long after all but the Unicorn riders already knew it was EOL.
    03-20-17 11:37 PM
    Your comparaison with Windows is flawed. Windows does provide monthly updates to Windows 8. Additionally, apps such as browsers, word, excel, outlook, still continues to be upgraded, either feature wise and security wise.

Can you say the same for BB10? The OS is technically EOL, the only thing missing is the date.

And it is the consumer that decides, cause consumers are the reason being of the existence of BB10. The reason why BB is stuck where they are now is that they haven't listened to consumers. Look at the playbook fiasco... rushed way too soon to the market and also way too much ressources was poured into it when they should had just killed it.

Want another example? Look at Windows 7 and how long Microsoft supported it. Consumers decided the wanted Windows 7 so Windows 7 survived how many... 20 years? A successful company would listen to their consumers. Doing what you suggest them to do, it's what brought BB where they are today
    Perhaps so but more specifically with the initial launch ot the Windows 7 phone which was followed almost immediately by windows 8 phone and there was no software upgrade path to that. Also if you look at the initial debacle of the surface tablets where some would be able to upgrade and some not, depending on the device model. Some would be able to use apps and some load programs but you were not made aware of this in store at time of purchase, probably cause the store themselves were not aware of the specific device type and it's limitations. This caused much distrust due to microsoft much the same as BlackBerry now, unsure of what direction it needed to follow.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 04:52 AM
    little johnny's BlackBerry = Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory
    03-21-17 05:29 AM
    My phone is fine and I think it has everything I need, which is office, email, calls and text. Everything else is just a distraction.

Posted via CB10
    leptium likes this.
    03-21-17 05:46 AM
    Just shows lack of actual empathy with users. You know like ALL companies. BB10 is not a priority/profit maker, so the hell with it. BB is a software company that released crappy software.
    Buy the Android device and repent all of you BB10 sinners for the end is near!
    Also I am selling high quality aluminum hats.

Posted via CB10
    roleli likes this.
    03-21-17 06:35 AM
    Just another sad commentary of what we already know is coming. RIP BB10.
    leptium likes this.
    03-21-17 06:53 AM
    Also, what support is BlackBerry responsible for on BB10?.
    BB Maps requires BlackBerry to continue their contract with TomTom. When that stops, Maps is over.
    leptium likes this.
    03-21-17 07:28 AM
76 123 ...