Bla bla bla bla.

Get iOS if you want all the apps available in the world with fatests OS updates with least headache.

Get Android if you pirate songs, love freedom and love cutomizing OS.

Get Windows 8 for your mom or someone who is afraid of technology.

Get BB10 if you want fastest multi-tasking and love all communication in one place.
    This ^
    +1

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-20-13 02:41 PM
    It's all personal preference. There's month right or wrong answer. I've been BlackBerry for a long time and I'd like to remain if they can finish bb10 and if they can continue to support it in light if recent events. If we get forced to move away from our Z10's if we lose comfort that BlackBerry will be there in the long term, I'd say iPhone is where we'll go. I've iPhone? You're not wrong. Love BlackBerry? You're not wrong. Android. Same statement. Whatever phone, hardware OS combo is best for you, is the best phone in the world through your own optics.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    10-20-13 05:09 PM
    I looked at the 5S in the Apple store today. Nice phone, but awkward size vs the Z10. 5S home screen slightly nicer, but Z10 hub blows it out of the water. Font in Z10 much easier to read, keyboard also better. Same for the calendar. Multi tasking - no contest. How much can you do with one hand on the iPhone? Apart from apps - why would anyone prefer the apple products? Mostly hype and lack of product knowledge is a large part of it. OS10 has more than enough apps for the majority of users.

Also looked at the Z30 - awesome phone. Fast, nicely finished and great to hold.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:47 PM
    NFC is pretty much useless right now. I have on several of my phones and to date I have not even used it once.
    Actually I tested it with Samsung Galaxy S4s and you can transfer and receive files through NFC with it.

I tried it with a SGS3 and it didn't work.

Will probably see if it works with the HTC One and LG G2 at some point.
    10-20-13 07:41 PM
    Bla bla bla bla.

Get iOS if you want all the apps available in the world with fatests OS updates with least headache.

Get Android if you pirate songs, love freedom and love cutomizing OS.

Get Windows 8 for your mom or someone who is afraid of technology.

Get BB10 if you want fastest multi-tasking and love all communication in one place.
    Exactly.

1. App. I hate that word. Seriously.

2. I like customisation options, but not to the point where I end up spending more time customising than actually using the phone.

3. Most of my family has WPs. Not all of them even know how to use a computer.

4. Why I got my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    10-20-13 07:54 PM
    I looked at the 5S in the Apple store today. Nice phone, but awkward size vs the Z10. 5S home screen slightly nicer, but Z10 hub blows it out of the water. Font in Z10 much easier to read, keyboard also better. Same for the calendar. Multi tasking - no contest. How much can you do with one hand on the iPhone? Apart from apps - why would anyone prefer the apple products? Mostly hype and lack of product knowledge is a large part of it. OS10 has more than enough apps for the majority of users.

Also looked at the Z30 - awesome phone. Fast, nicely finished and great to hold.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 much bigger in your hand?

10-20-13 09:38 PM
    Actually one more thing to add and that is that it drives me insane that we can't have a proper call blocker app for bb10. I've said it in a couple other posts so I'm sure I sound like a broken record. I was a huge value to me on our legacy devices.

10-20-13 09:42 PM
    Actually one more thing to add and that is that it drives me insane that we can't have a proper call blocker app for bb10. I've said it in a couple other posts so I'm sure I sound like a broken record. I was a huge value to me on our legacy devices.

Lucky me then. My carrier is Fido, and they have a native (lookalike) application where I can manage my account, including adding numbers to my blocked call/SMS list, paying bills, and checking usage stats, among others.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:52 PM
    Slightly wider and a bit taller (allows one more row of icons). Nicely rounded towards the back. Much better back cover. A quality phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 10:42 PM
    I've had an Android phone, an iPhone, and multiple BlackBerries. I have to say that the iPhone is nice, with all the apps, iCloud (when it wants to work), and the camera, but me and everyone with an iPhone can say that autocorrect and battery life are honestly the worst things ever on the iPhone. There was one point where I was charging my iPhone 3 times a day. I recently switched from an iPhone 5 to a BB Q10, and while I've only had this phone for a day and a half, I can say that I really love the keyboard and I love the hub, simple. The lack of apps doesn't make up for the outstanding keyboard or the battery life, but I honestly would rather have a phone that will last me all day than be able to Snapchat.

People everywhere like to have countless arguments and debates on which is the best phone and honestly BB, Android, and iPhone could all be the best phone, but it doesn't matter because it's up to the individual. I don't think there is such a thing as the "best" phone. I think each phone company has strengths and weaknesses and it's up to us to decide what to buy. I like my iPhone, but I'm also a hardcore BlackBerry lover and I'm really enjoying my Q10. Who's to say I can't have both?
    10-20-13 11:01 PM
    I've had an Android phone, an iPhone, and multiple BlackBerries. I have to say that the iPhone is nice, with all the apps, iCloud (when it wants to work), and the camera, but me and everyone with an iPhone can say that autocorrect and battery life are honestly the worst things ever on the iPhone. There was one point where I was charging my iPhone 3 times a day. I recently switched from an iPhone 5 to a BB Q10, and while I've only had this phone for a day and a half, I can say that I really love the keyboard and I love the hub, simple. The lack of apps doesn't make up for the outstanding keyboard or the battery life, but I honestly would rather have a phone that will last me all day than be able to Snapchat.

People everywhere like to have countless arguments and debates on which is the best phone and honestly BB, Android, and iPhone could all be the best phone, but it doesn't matter because it's up to the individual. I don't think there is such a thing as the "best" phone. I think each phone company has strengths and weaknesses and it's up to us to decide what to buy. I like my iPhone, but I'm also a hardcore BlackBerry lover and I'm really enjoying my Q10. Who's to say I can't have both?
    Precisely. Hence why I don't understand why people start these threads.

As for lack of applications on BB10, if you have even a decent knowledge of how to use a computer, you can sideload Android versions of applications onto your phone. Not all of them will work, but the vast majority will. Check out the BB10 Application Side-loading forum for more information.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 11:12 PM
    You can't really tell which one is better as it works different for each of us. We all have different needs.

Posted via amazing Q10
    10-20-13 11:59 PM
    Lucky me then. My carrier is Fido, and they have a native (lookalike) application where I can manage my account, including adding numbers to my blocked call/SMS list, paying bills, and checking usage stats, among others.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds great. I'm with Rogers and although they and Fido are cousins, I haven't heard that Rogers has it. Honestly I'd pay a couple bucks a month to have that functionality back again. Thanks for the info.

10-21-13 12:28 AM
    That sounds great. I'm with Rogers and although they and Fido are cousins, I haven't heard that Rogers has it. Honestly I'd pay a couple bucks a month to have that functionality back again. Thanks for the info.

You should have it. Just search for Rogers. It's called "My Account", the iPhone also has it as you seem ready to switch.

And Rogers is Fido's big brother so I've heard.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 12:36 AM
    Hi chaz95

I noticed you've been around since I asked you the following question, in response to your assertion that BBRY/BB10 is 'getting bigger every day'. Did you just forget to respond or are you choosing not to respond? I'm saying that your statement is total nonsense. Thanks

Here was your statement, which I am saying is ridiculous fanboy garbage

[BBRY/BB10] Dying? Far from it. Only getting bigger every day.
    Here was my question for you

So the worldwide user base has been declining every quarter for the past 18 months, they just wrote down $1 billion worth of phones they couldn't sell, the company has put itself up for sale.....

they failed to deliver on the promised launch of the one product that seemed to hold out the offer of some hope, they've just released what is supposed to be their flagship technological achievement with apparently zero advertising or marketing of any kind....

They just laid off 4500 workers...

And you believe the company and/or the OS is getting bigger every day?
    10-21-13 01:00 AM
    What exactly is not accurate? The fact that there's no DLNA, Miracast or Wi-Fi Direct? Or that you can't share files over Bluetooth? Or maybe that there's no NFC or HDMI? Or that sharing sucks compared to BlackBerry 10? Or that the keyboard is not as good as the learning/adapting one on BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not even going to waste my energy going thru this with you as it is very obvious what your OPINION is on this topic. I hope you enjoy your device when BB goes out of business and shuts down.
    10-21-13 01:28 AM
    Ummm, yeah. There is a difference between getting something for free and getting something for free if you buy this new product that was just released a few weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    And you don't need to Buy a new device to get these features? so all these features were on the Bold 9900? Hmmm...must have missed them on all my legacy Blackberries.
    10-21-13 02:49 AM
    Bb10 has most of the things which i need in my smartphone,they should now concentrate more on native apps
    10-21-13 02:55 AM
    It's not an opinion. Everything I said is true. Can you write a similarly long list with features iOS has that BlackBerry 10 doesn't?

Posted via CB10
    Since you seem bent on challenging people to create a list.... just off the top of my head how about the following for starters

Ability to click a phone # on a website and it actually dials the #
    Fingerprint scanner
    Activation lock
    Panorama camera
    Premium aluminum build quality
    A Company that releases o/s updates without the user having to pray that his or her carrier will release
    updates in a timely manner
    A Company that actually release products, operating systems, etc on time
    64 bit processing power (which by the way blows away the Z10 in performance)
    Browser that doesn't start getting jerky when you get to a graphics intensive website - compared to the Z10 browser even with flash turned off on the Z10
    Voice recognition system that actually works
    Do not disturb function to turn off notifications at night
    Wireless backup & Sync to the cloud or computer
    Email, text, twitter, etc. messages preview that light up the screen automatically without having to touch the phone
    Superior battery life to the Z10
    Ability to delete emails with just a simple swipe to the left

BTW - I noticed in post #40 you wrote "Search is not agenda view. Agenda view should list upcoming events without you having to start typing in a search box."
    This absolutely not true - instead of having to hit the down arrow and then clicking on agenda like on the Z10 you just simply click on the magnifying glass without having to type anything in and agenda view pops up which is one less step than the Z10.

Also, many of the features you listed on the original post were not included out of the box and is only available on 10.2which btw still has not been officially released in North America

I have numerous devices that include every Blackberry that was ever released with the exception of the Z30, Samsung S2, S3, HTC One, Nexus 4, iPhone 3, 4s 5s Nokia Lumia 620, Lumia 920 and I have to say that I am a fanboy of technology and not a fanboy to any one company. After owning and using all of these devices I have come to the conclusion there is no perfect O/S or device. While I agree that BB10 has a lot of nice and useful features built into it calling it the best O/S is a bit of a stretch. If it really is that good the world would have bought into the platform and Blackberry wouldn't be in the situation it's in now. They have had crappy marketing, delay after delay launching products, poor timing, etc. Being a Canadian it is even more difficult to see them in this situation but with all that's happened I think it is too little too late.
    tack likes this.
    10-21-13 03:19 AM
    And you don't need to Buy a new device to get these features? so all these features were on the Bold 9900? Hmmm...must have missed them on all my legacy Blackberries.
    I was only talking about Docs To Go. And yes, Docs To Go was pre-installed on BBOS 7 devices too.
    10-21-13 03:48 AM
    I'm not even going to waste my energy going thru this with you as it is very obvious what your OPINION is on this topic. I hope you enjoy your device when BB goes out of business and shuts down.
    You keep saying you don't have the energy, yet you have enough energy to post useless comments like this.
    10-21-13 03:49 AM
    Since you seem bent on challenging people to create a list.... just off the top of my head how about the following for starters

Ability to click a phone # on a website and it actually dials the #

Fingerprint scanner
    Activation lock
    Panorama camera
    Premium aluminum build quality
    A Company that releases o/s updates without the user having to pray that his or her carrier will release
    updates in a timely manner
    A Company that actually release products, operating systems, etc on time
    64 bit processing power (which by the way blows away the Z10 in performance)
    Browser that doesn't start getting jerky when you get to a graphics intensive website - compared to the Z10 browser even with flash turned off on the Z10
    Voice recognition system that actually works
    Do not disturb function to turn off notifications at night
    Wireless backup & Sync to the cloud or computer
    Email, text, twitter, etc. messages preview that light up the screen automatically without having to touch the phone
    Superior battery life to the Z10
    Ability to delete emails with just a simple swipe to the left

BTW - I noticed in post #40 you wrote "Search is not agenda view. Agenda view should list upcoming events without you having to start typing in a search box."
    This absolutely not true - instead of having to hit the down arrow and then clicking on agenda like on the Z10 you just simply click on the magnifying glass without having to type anything in and agenda view pops up which is one less step than the Z10.

Also, many of the features you listed on the original post were not included out of the box and is only available on 10.2which btw still has not been officially released in North America

I have numerous devices that include every Blackberry that was ever released with the exception of the Z30, Samsung S2, S3, HTC One, Nexus 4, iPhone 3, 4s 5s Nokia Lumia 620, Lumia 920 and I have to say that I am a fanboy of technology and not a fanboy to any one company. After owning and using all of these devices I have come to the conclusion there is no perfect O/S or device. While I agree that BB10 has a lot of nice and useful features built into it calling it the best O/S is a bit of a stretch. If it really is that good the world would have bought into the platform and Blackberry wouldn't be in the situation it's in now. They have had crappy marketing, delay after delay launching products, poor timing, etc. Being a Canadian it is even more difficult to see them in this situation but with all that's happened I think it is too little too late.
    I'm comparing the latest versions of WP8 (GDR2), iOS (7) and BB 10 (10.2). I don't care about North America, why should I? It's like saying: the iPhone 5S wasn't released in my tiny country yet so I will ignore everything you say about it.

0. Yes, I can see how this can be useful.
    1. The fingerprint scanner is only available on the 5S and is more a hardware feature than a software one.
    2. No Activation Lock, but you have BlackBerry Protect which allows you to block/wipe/find your device.
    3. True, but you get the Time shift mode. I would say the camera apps are on par.
    4. The build quality is a hardware feature, I was comparing the operating systems.
    5. Wasn't comparing 2 companies
    6. Again, I wasn't comparing 2 companies
    7. Not a feature. Read more about 64-bit computing here: 64-bit computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    8. I've never experienced this on my BlackBerrry 10 devices, no checker-boarding, no jerkiness, nothing. Also, speaking of browsers: Safari Mobile has no WebGL support which is a biggie.
    9. The voice recognition system on BlackBerry 10 does work (it's a lot better in 10.2).
    10. It's called Sleep Mode and it's something BlackBerry invented.
    11. Your images and videos can be backed up automatically on Box.
    12. Why would need this on a BlackBerry if you have an LED that notifies you. This is not a feature.
    13. The battery life on my Z10 is very good. I don't know what you are talking about. There have been some issues at launch, but they released 3 major updates since then and this has been fixed. Also, battery life is not an OS feature. Sure, you can optimise the code, but the size of the battery still matters.
    14. This is a very stupid feature in my opinion. I hope you can turn it off. There is a reason every email client on this planet has a prompt box every time you want to delete an email.

So in conclusion there are only 2 features in your list: ability to click on a phone number from the browser and the ability to delete an email with a swipe (stupid feature if you ask me).

Regarding the agenda view, how is that one step less? All I have to do on my Z/Q10 is to open the calendar app. The agenda view is the default calendar view (of course, this can be changed to Schedule, Week, Month or Most Recent from the settings menu).

As for your argument that people would buy BlackBerry 10 devices if the OS was that good, I think you are being naive. Web OS was a good OS and look what happened to it. Most people don't even know how good BlackBerry 10 is (that includes you as well). They've read a review/rant and they think they know all about it.

Also, just to be clear, I'm not saying that people who buy other phones are all idiots. That's not the reason I started this thread. I just want to understand why BlackBerry is in trouble which such a good OS. I'm OK with BlackBerry not being number one in sales (the OS is not the only factor, I know), but why the hell are they number 4? The OS is solid, the phones are solid, yet people still think the products are bad.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    10-21-13 04:31 AM
    Those are all correct. Unless you have apps for those.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3993749) likes this.
    10-21-13 04:49 AM

Sorry, I was mistaken. The Fido MyAccount application only allows you to block incoming text messages from certain numbers, but not calls.

BlackBerry 10 vs. iOS vs. Windows Phone 8-img_00000279.png

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:53 AM
    Hi chaz95

I noticed you've been around since I asked you the following question, in response to your assertion that BBRY/BB10 is 'getting bigger every day'. Did you just forget to respond or are you choosing not to respond? I'm saying that your statement is total nonsense. Thanks

Here was your statement, which I am saying is ridiculous fanboy garbage

Here was my question for you
    It was both. I neither had time to respond nor really wanted to respond, in part due to the aggressive nature of your comment.

I would appreciate it if you would avoid using those terms, both to me and to others. Insulting others never leads anywhere good, and I am not a "fanboy"; I simply like my phone for what it is.

The reason I said that BB10 is only getting bigger everyday is because it's true. Every day more people buy BB10 phones, even if it's not at a very fast rate. I'm talking numbers, not % market share, so I think the statement I made is valid.

Now please don't attack me with a "fanboi" argument like you've already done so. In fact, I don't even want to continue the conversation, because I can see it's not going to lead anywhere except useless argument.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    10-21-13 05:06 AM
179 ... 45678