Also, just to be clear, I'm not saying that people who buy other phones are all idiots. That's not the reason I started this thread. I just want to understand why BlackBerry is in trouble which such a good OS. I'm OK with BlackBerry not being number one in sales (the OS is not the only factor, I know), but why the hell are they number 4? The OS is solid, the phones are solid, yet people still think the products are bad.
    Exactly, THANKS! Not only is BB10 #4, but a maligned #4. This is worse than Web OS, where nobody knew anything about it.
    10-21-13 05:44 AM
    BB10 is by far the BEST mobile OS! But BlackBerry really sucks at marketing and strategy. That's why they fail, nothing to do with their product. Period.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    10-21-13 07:03 AM
    I'm comparing the latest versions of WP8 (GDR2), iOS (7) and BB 10 (10.2). I don't care about North America, why should I? It's like saying: the iPhone 5S wasn't released in my tiny country yet so I will ignore everything you say about it.

0. Yes, I can see how this can be useful.
    1. The fingerprint scanner is only available on the 5S and is more a hardware feature than a software one.
    2. No Activation Lock, but you have BlackBerry Protect which allows you to block/wipe/find your device.
    3. True, but you get the Time shift mode. I would say the camera apps are on par.
    4. The build quality is a hardware feature, I was comparing the operating systems.
    5. Wasn't comparing 2 companies
    6. Again, I wasn't comparing 2 companies
    7. Not a feature. Read more about 64-bit computing here: 64-bit computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    8. I've never experienced this on my BlackBerrry 10 devices, no checker-boarding, no jerkiness, nothing. Also, speaking of browsers: Safari Mobile has no WebGL support which is a biggie.
    9. The voice recognition system on BlackBerry 10 does work (it's a lot better in 10.2).
    10. It's called Sleep Mode and it's something BlackBerry invented.
    11. Your images and videos can be backed up automatically on Box.
    12. Why would need this on a BlackBerry if you have an LED that notifies you. This is not a feature.
    13. The battery life on my Z10 is very good. I don't know what you are talking about. There have been some issues at launch, but they released 3 major updates since then and this has been fixed. Also, battery life is not an OS feature. Sure, you can optimise the code, but the size of the battery still matters.
    14. This is a very stupid feature in my opinion. I hope you can turn it off. There is a reason every email client on this planet has a prompt box every time you want to delete an email.

So in conclusion there are only 2 features in your list: ability to click on a phone number from the browser and the ability to delete an email with a swipe (stupid feature if you ask me).

Regarding the agenda view, how is that one step less? All I have to do on my Z/Q10 is to open the calendar app. The agenda view is the default calendar view (of course, this can be changed to Schedule, Week, Month or Most Recent from the settings menu).

As for your argument that people would buy BlackBerry 10 devices if the OS was that good, I think you are being naive. Web OS was a good OS and look what happened to it. Most people don't even know how good BlackBerry 10 is (that includes you as well). They've read a review/rant and they think they know all about it.

Also, just to be clear, I'm not saying that people who buy other phones are all idiots. That's not the reason I started this thread. I just want to understand why BlackBerry is in trouble which such a good OS. I'm OK with BlackBerry not being number one in sales (the OS is not the only factor, I know), but why the hell are they number 4? The OS is solid, the phones are solid, yet people still think the products are bad.
    I can see it is definitely useless arguing with a Blackberry Fanboi - LOL, you think the BB's are better - that is your opinion . I have probably had more phones than your age and have used them all extensively so I can safely say that what you are trying to spew here is not entirely true but of course being a fanboi you are obviously blind to that. Anyway, enjoy your phone now because it might be a paper weight before long.
    tack likes this.
    10-21-13 03:31 PM
    I can see it is definitely useless arguing with a Blackberry Fanboi - LOL, you think the BB's are better - that is your opinion . I have probably had more phones than your age and have used them all extensively so I can safely say that what you are trying to spew here is not entirely true but of course being a fanboi you are obviously blind to that. Anyway, enjoy your phone now because it might be a paper weight before long.
    I see no reason why it would become a "paperweight". It's not like it's going to stop working if BlackBerry Limited disappears off the face of the earth tomorrow.

And please don't call people "fanbois". It is an insult and only leads to incessant and heated arguments.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:00 PM
    I see no reason why it would become a "paperweight". It's not like it's going to stop working if BlackBerry Limited disappears off the face of the earth tomorrow.

And please don't call people "fanbois". It is an insult and only leads to incessant and heated arguments.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever! I'd like to see how updates you're going to get when BB shuts down LOL
    10-21-13 04:03 PM
    Good news, everybody! BBM is now available for Android and iOS so you can switch platforms, gain native access to all of those apps, and keep all of your BBM contacts.
    10-21-13 04:06 PM
    Whatever! I'd like to see how updates you're going to get when BB shuts down LOL
    It's great now. They'll be happy even if it doesn't get anymore. But it really isn't that bad from what I've been reading esp with 10.2.
    10-21-13 04:14 PM
    Who is arguing? Do you have any actual arguments to go with this very constructive comment?
    And why are you shocked to find a BlackBerry fan on CrackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:58 PM
    Considering BlackBerry 10 is a few years ahead in features, I think we're OK for another 2-3 years.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    10-21-13 04:59 PM
    You should have it. Just search for Rogers. It's called "My Account", the iPhone also has it as you seem ready to switch.

And Rogers is Fido's big brother so I've heard.

Posted via CB10

I have the Rogers my account app hut I don't see anything like that in there.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    10-21-13 06:07 PM
    I have the Rogers my account app hut I don't see anything like that in there.

I was mistaken when I said there's call blocking. There is only SMS blocking. If the Rogers MyAccount is anything like the Fido MyAccount application, then it should be under the "Extreme Text Messaging" mode.

BlackBerry 10 vs. iOS vs. Windows Phone 8-img_00000283.png

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 08:31 PM
    Thanks yes that his there. My kingdom for a call blocker!

10-21-13 09:33 PM
    Who is arguing? Do you have any actual arguments to go with this very constructive comment?
    And why are you shocked to find a BlackBerry fan on CrackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    In case you haven't noticed I'm actually a Blackberry fan as well but not so blind to think they have the greatest system on earth. Feel free to check my post history to see how much I have defended Blackberry and fyi I still use and enjoy my Z10 and will continue to do so until BB shuts down or the device is no longer updated but when the innevitble happens I have other choices that work equally well. I honestly do not find any major improvements over the iPhone 5s but I see quite a few improvements on the 5s over the Z10
    10-21-13 09:55 PM
    I was mistaken when I said there's call blocking. There is only SMS blocking. If the Rogers MyAccount is anything like the Fido MyAccount application, then it should be under the "Extreme Text Messaging" mode.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000283.png 
Views:	911 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	212556

Posted via CB10
    There you go, another feature the 5s has (call blocking and text blocking) that the Z10 doesn't
    10-21-13 09:57 PM
    There you go, another feature the 5s has (call blocking and text blocking) that the Z10 doesn't
    Another feature that the 5s has is the ability to turn you into an Apple spaz

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-22-13 12:23 AM

BUT you have to buy thy app.

guygardner73 and Erkan OZKAYA like this.
    10-22-13 12:52 AM
    Good news, everybody! BBM is now available for Android and iOS so you can switch platforms, ...
    I might have considered it if you gave me just one example of a phone whose physical keyboard can hold a candle to the Q10. :-)

BBQ10
    10-22-13 01:43 AM

Bb10 does have call blocking. Not sure what that guy was talking about.

The Final Destination - Providing The Latest In Urban & Hip-Hop Fashion - Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    Attachment 212647
    10-22-13 01:54 AM

The Final Destination - Providing The Latest In Urban & Hip-Hop Fashion - Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    Attachment 212647
    Could you point me to this feature as it would be immensely handy

10-22-13 01:59 AM

Attachment 212647
    Yes, Please point us to where we can find the call blocking feature on BB10 because I can sure use it. I've had my Z10 & Q10 since launch day and have installed the 10.2.x leaks but still cannot find the call blocking feature that you speak of.
    10-22-13 02:10 AM
    I've got this but I think what we're after is blocking specific numbers.
    BlackBerry 10 vs. iOS vs. Windows Phone 8-img_00000598.png

10-22-13 02:25 AM
    BB 10 also manages memory much better on its own than any Windows or Android smartphone I've used in past 10 years.

Posted via CB10
    The windows that flies on 512 mb ram?

The android that flies on 1gb?

The bb10 they refuse to put on less than 2gb?

Is this just bad irony?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-22-13 02:33 AM
    In case you haven't noticed I'm actually a Blackberry fan as well but not so blind to think they have the greatest system on earth. Feel free to check my post history to see how much I have defended Blackberry and fyi I still use and enjoy my Z10 and will continue to do so until BB shuts down or the device is no longer updated but when the innevitble happens I have other choices that work equally well. I honestly do not find any major improvements over the iPhone 5s but I see quite a few improvements on the 5s over the Z10
    You said some of the things I said are wrong. Are you too cool to also give me examples? Is that too much to ask?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 03:32 AM
    Correct, what we are after is number specific call blocking, which my feature phone had in the past.

This image is "call barring" settings menu, which AFAIR is GSM standart, and any changes in this menu requires a password (operator level pwd). In the past, I used this settings on my phone, at that time operator warning was "the number you're calling does not accept incoming calls" sth, but now the warning is " the number you have called cannot be reached" etc. Obviously I prefer the former.

I've got this but I think what we're after is blocking specific numbers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000598.png 
Views:	730 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	212648

10-22-13 04:39 AM
    Sorry, I was mistaken. The Fido MyAccount application only allows you to block incoming text messages from certain numbers, but not calls.

Attachment 212297

Posted via CB10
    Hi, what is the name of that app?
    10-24-13 09:59 AM
179 ... 5678