my 2 pence on the matter as all to do with what Mr Jobs said when he unveiled the iPhone....

He stated that the problems with handsets with physical buttons is that no matter what you are doing with the phone they remain there... their functions can not change and they are not intuitive (don't quote me on that).... So, he unveiled the iPhone with just ONE button.

And the world lapped at his feet with this "innovation".

Well, he could have not been more wrong. He stated that the physical buttons can not change or their function! Yes, they can not be physically changed... thats where the programming team comes into play. The physical buttons on my computer keyboard remains the same, BUT, their functionality changes as per application. The "F4" key does a different function in MS Word as to Adobe CS5. Now as we compare devices... I can programme the volume buttons on my BlackBerry Q10 to skip tracks when pressed long.. Wonder what happens when I do that with a iOS?

And lets not even talk of an intuitive OS in regards to long press. I long press on my Q10 and I am presented with various and more intuitive things to do... the whole thing just flows. There is no long click action on a iOS!!

Ok, lets now get down to making your phone unique via your OWN ringtone from your SD Card (darn, the iOS has none)!! Ok, lets not talk of a ringtone from there... Point being, you can not use a MP3 song as a ringtone on a iOS, unless ofcourse you go to the "store". iOS just wants your money at all cost.

Sorry, I just can not find a good thing about the iOS as a phone. And I saw as a phone as it totally is useless in that department. However, as a music device or a gaming device, it beats the BlackBerry. But, I have my other NONE iOS device for my music, so why do I want that.

BlackBerry is just the best... and thats all my opinion. And like the previous poster, I too have used all others, including the Palm (I had and still have a Treo 650.... not the 680 as that is when Windows took over and just totally made the device useless).
    Absolutely untrue.
    10-19-13 11:10 PM
    Without reading through all of the replies, regarding the OP post, iOS lacks NFC, as well. And it may be a while before you can get it, for various reasons.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    10-19-13 11:41 PM
    I haven't read the whole thread but I did notice that a lot of responses have been the classic "there's an app for that" on IOS. I think what the OP was talking about the OS functionality itself.
    I remember seeing a review prior to the release of IOS 7 and the reviewer was raving about the flashlight now being part of the OS and how great that is. It funny because when anyone makes any claim about a feature being part of BB10, the usual response is "big deal, I can download an app for that".
    Point being, the OP may not be correct on all his points but in my opinion, BB10 is the best OS on the market (again, my opinion).

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    10-19-13 11:49 PM
    Proud... very proud!

Proudly Z10 owner...
    10-20-13 12:01 AM
    Yep, the iphone is so inferior to everything that it sold 9 million units in 1 weekend and how many Z10's have been sold to date? LOL. People are lining up with thousand dollar bills just begging the stores to sell them an iphone.

Come on - get real! I like the Z10 as much as a lot of you here but you cannot deny the fact that so many other people don't feel the same way as we do. If Blackberry's devices were that good I don't think they would be on the brink of being extinct soon.

PS - I have 5s as well and OP's points are not accurate as the 5s is an amazing device as well.
    I can get just as much done on it as I can on my Z10 and it just works without me constantly having to install leaked o/s's to fix problems and to get more functionality and features.
    10-20-13 12:24 AM
    Yep, the iphone is so inferior to everything that it sold 9 million units in 1 weekend and how many Z10's have been sold to date? LOL. People are lining up with thousand dollar bills just begging the stores to sell them an iphone.

Come on - get real! I like the Z10 as much as a lot of you here but you cannot deny the fact that so many other people don't feel the same way as we do. If Blackberry's devices were that good I don't think they would be on the brink of being extinct soon.

PS - I have 5s as well and OP's points are not accurate as the 5s is an amazing device as well.
    I can get just as much done on it as I can on my Z10 and it just works without me constantly having to install leaked o/s's to fix problems and to get more functionality and features.
    That arguement doesn't really mean much. Like i've said before, the best selling of something does not automatically make it the best available.
    By that logic you shouldn't have bought an iPhone 5S and rather went the android route because their sales are even higher than iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:28 AM
    Without reading through all of the replies, regarding the OP post, iOS lacks NFC, as well. And it may be a while before you can get it, for various reasons.
    NFC is pretty much useless right now. I have on several of my phones and to date I have not even used it once.
    10-20-13 12:28 AM
    That arguement doesn't really mean much. Like i've said before, the best selling of something does not automatically make it the best available.
    By that logic you shouldn't have bought an iPhone 5S and rather went the android route because their sales are even higher than iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, you can continue to believe in BB like I have for the last 10 years but I have now taken my rose colored glasses off and btw I have at least 5 Android devices as well and I do think the BB is better than them. Blackberry can't even launch an app (BBM cross platform) on time so I have pretty much given up on this Mickey Mouse company. I will continue to use my Z10 until it no longer works.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    10-20-13 12:34 AM
    Yep, you can continue to believe in BB like I have for the last 10 years but I have now taken my rose colored glasses off and btw I have at least 5 Android devices as well and I do think the BB is better than them. Blackberry can't even launch an app (BBM cross platform) on time so I have pretty much given up on this Mickey Mouse company. I will continue to use my Z10 until it no longer works.
    First of all I don't have any rose colored glasses on. It is my opinion that the BB10 OS is the best I'VE used. That's my opinion. If it ceased to exist tomorrow, guess what, my life wouldn't change one bit.
    Secondly, my post was responding to your generalization that massive sales automatically equate to the best quality. I didn't ever say any of the other OS' were bad. All I said was that if more sales mean better phone then you didn't buy the best phone by purchasing the iPhone 5s....i was just using your logic.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:39 AM
    NFC is pretty much useless right now. I have on several of my phones and to date I have not even used it once.
    Hmmmm, I use it a lot to transfer files, photos, songs. I cannot wait a bank apps in order to use my Z10 at the POS. You don't use maybe because your friends phones don't have this feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 01:13 AM
    First of all I don't have any rose colored glasses on. It is my opinion that the BB10 OS is the best I'VE used. That's my opinion. If it ceased to exist tomorrow, guess what, my life wouldn't change one bit.
    Secondly, my post was responding to your generalization that massive sales automatically equate to the best quality. I didn't ever say any of the other OS' were bad. All I said was that if more sales mean better phone then you didn't buy the best phone by purchasing the iPhone 5s....i was just using your logic.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough but no other phone has been able to sell 9 million on 1 weekend - it took Samsung almost a month to reach 10 million shipped not sold Galaxy S4's. Regardless, you are of course entitled to your opinions and I respect that so I will say no more.
    10-20-13 01:41 AM
    Fair enough but no other phone has been able to sell 9 million on 1 weekend - it took Samsung almost a month to reach 10 million shipped not sold Galaxy S4's. Regardless, you are of course entitled to your opinions and I respect that so I will say no more.
    I agree that is a big number (I wasnt aware that was sales and not shipped). Also not sure how much of that was 5S and how much was 5c. Either way, it's a lot of phones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ray689; 10-20-13 at 03:25 AM.
    10-20-13 01:48 AM
    We all know and recognize BB10 OS is the best mobile platform in the world by far because we are the real users who actually experience it. People who consider it as an inferior OS are those ignorant average consumers or the naysayers.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, we know "Tools Not Toys" but seriously, I think every O/S has it's pro's & con's and there is no one operating system that is perfect
    Last edited by buwee; 10-20-13 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Hit the submit button too quickly
    10-20-13 01:51 AM
    Omg please have some level of logic that is reasonable and objective. BB is a continuation of BB phone offerings, period. No one is diagnosing the core code. Just to note WP8 is a completely different OS than WP7. Did you even know that? Do you know how much versions of IOS or Android share?

The point is that all modern platforms now offer office products built in natively with all new phones. Took iOS a bit longer than the rest, but it is a fact. You can debate it from a crazy viewpoint all you want.
    It's a continuation of BlackBerry phones, not the same os, ios 4-5-6-7 all share the same apps and underlining cide, some with different cosmetics. Bbos and bb10 don't. Period. And yes I do know wp 7 is different from wp8, as they are both different from Windows mobile which I've also owned.

And don't try to clown me bid I've been using smartphones before there was an android, and while Steve Jobs was still in the lab baking up the first version of ios. I know we're each original from and there background story, but all that doesn't mean ****.

The Final Destination - Providing The Latest In Urban & Hip-Hop Fashion - Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    10-20-13 02:43 AM

What exactly is not accurate? The fact that there's no DLNA, Miracast or Wi-Fi Direct? Or that you can't share files over Bluetooth? Or maybe that there's no NFC or HDMI? Or that sharing sucks compared to BlackBerry 10? Or that the keyboard is not as good as the learning/adapting one on BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    10-20-13 03:10 AM
    Absolutely untrue.
    It's actually very true. You can't just highlight a song in your library and set it as a ringtone. You have to use your PC, change the format and go through a few other stupid steps first: How to set a song on your iPhone as a ringtone - PC Advisor
    10-20-13 03:24 AM
    [BBRY] Dying? Far from it. Only getting bigger every day.
    So the worldwide user base has been declining every quarter for the past 18 months, they just wrote down $1 billion worth of phones they couldn't sell, the company has put itself up for sale.....

they failed to deliver on the promised launch of the one product that seemed to hold out the offer of some hope, they've just released what is supposed to be their flagship technological achievement with apparently zero advertising or marketing of any kind....

They just laid off 4500 workers...

And you believe the company and/or the OS is getting bigger every day?
    spacemanspork and buwee like this.
    10-20-13 05:16 AM
    To OP, you only mention (your) positive points compared to the other OS-es. How about adding the positive points of the other OS-es compared to BB10 to the comparison and conclusion as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:39 AM
    To OP, you only mention (your) positive points compared to the other OS-es. How about adding the positive points of the other OS-es compared to BB10 to the comparison and conclusion as well.

Posted via CB10
    Sure:

iOS:
    - slightly better maps app

WP8:
    - awesome maps apps
    - Bing Translate
    - better camera app (only applies to Nokia devices)
    - Kids corner

I honestly couldn?t find anything else...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:10 AM
    Camera's fine on the Z10. If one is so picky about resolution and detail, it's time to switch to Lumia or get a DSLR instead.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    10-20-13 07:42 AM
    It's a continuation of BlackBerry phones, not the same os, ios 4-5-6-7 all share the same apps and underlining cide, some with different cosmetics. Bbos and bb10 don't. Period. And yes I do know wp 7 is different from wp8, as they are both different from Windows mobile which I've also owned.

And don't try to clown me bid I've been using smartphones before there was an android, and while Steve Jobs was still in the lab baking up the first version of ios. I know we're each original from and there background story, but all that doesn't mean ****.

The Final Destination - Providing The Latest In Urban & Hip-Hop Fashion - Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    That makes your responses all the more biased and illogical. The lack of clear logic and objective view in this thread makes it seem like fans making fun of the opposite team in isolation so they can feel big.

To each his or her own. This thread has ceased to provide reasonable discussion. You obviously have a superior view to even Steve Jobs as you have been using smartphones for so long. Wow that makes your opinion so much more superior. Later
    10-20-13 07:56 AM
    I could agree more with TheoRadu!!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 10:04 AM
    That makes your responses all the more biased and illogical. The lack of clear logic and objective view in this thread makes it seem like fans making fun of the opposite team in isolation so they can feel big.

To each his or her own. This thread has ceased to provide reasonable discussion. You obviously have a superior view to even Steve Jobs as you have been using smartphones for so long. Wow that makes your opinion so much more superior. Later
    How do I seem biased I listed most of the devices I own in this thread with photo proof, I own and use all os's on a daily base's.

The fact and point of this whole thread was that bb10 was a better out of the box experience then ios and wp8. Sadly ios and Wp users seem to have gotten emotional over what the op stated and start flinging oh but if we get this app and that app etc, like bb10 users are oblivious to the fact there's no Netflix, instagram, office from Microsoft etc.

Never said my view is superior to Steve Jobs, I clearly told you not to try and clown me like In speaking on os's/coding with no previous knowledge. I've used palms, windows mobile, meego, symbian, etc. Ive followed android from it was a camera o's in 2002, when it was a rip off of BlackBerry in 2005, then ios in 2009. I k.ow that ios's development started in 2002 after the first ipad prototype and so on.
    I'm a share holder of both companies.

10-20-13 11:34 AM
    Bla bla bla bla.

Get iOS if you want all the apps available in the world with fatests OS updates with least headache.

Get Android if you pirate songs, love freedom and love cutomizing OS.

Get Windows 8 for your mom or someone who is afraid of technology.

Get BB10 if you want fastest multi-tasking and love all communication in one place.
    10-20-13 11:38 AM
    Yes, BlackBerry 10 core is more superior on many fronts.

It is the application count and PUBLIC PERCEPTION that makes it tricky for BlackBerry 10 to power on through.

Posted via my Z30.
    10-20-13 12:02 PM
179 ... 34567 ...