Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 04:01 AM
    At what?
    01-19-17 04:12 AM
    And on what hardware?
    Gajja likes this.
    01-19-17 02:45 PM
    Why?

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    01-19-17 02:48 PM
    Throw them out a window and find out.
    01-19-17 03:08 PM
    Faster at what?

iOS is much faster at getting new apps, getting support, and getting updates delivered to all customers. iOS devices also sell much faster than their BB10 counter parts.

On the other hand BB10 is moving much faster to the EOL heap.

More importantly iOS is much faster at making billions of dollars for Apple, And BB10 is wickedly quick at losing money.
    pgg101, Dunt Dunt Dunt and TGR1 like this.
    01-19-17 05:58 PM
    Race them!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 06:24 PM
    Race them!

Posted via CB10
    I placed both an IPhone 7 plus and a Passport on the ground and fired off the starting gun.

Both devices stayed still as nothing moved them.

However, after several hours had passed, I declared the iPhone the winner, since it is taller, and therefore technically closer to the finishing line.

Boom, proof iOS is better than BB10.
    01-19-17 06:29 PM
    Some hilarious responses here. Thanks for the laughs. But I'll take a shot a responding with some detailed questions for the OP.

The best way to know which phone will feel faster TO YOU is to identify your 5-10 highest frequency tasks, together with an estimate of the average number of times a day you perform each task.

If you share that, I think you'll see a lot of thoughtful analysis and ideas in response.

iPhone has newer, faster hardware, but unless you're an electron on a tight schedule, the only relevant measure of speed is the number of meaningful tasks completed in a given period of time.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-19-17 06:37 PM
    I placed both an IPhone 7 plus and a Passport on the ground and fired off the starting gun.

Both devices stayed still as nothing moved them.

However, after several hours had passed, I declared the iPhone the winner, since it is taller, and therefore technically closer to the finishing line.

Boom, proof iOS is better than BB10.
    Best 2 out of 3?

Posted via CB10
    co4nd likes this.
    01-19-17 07:10 PM
    I hear BB10 actually runs several tasks at the same time, and iOS10 does one task at a time. Which probably is a differentiating factor if you the kind of person who likes a device that can be doing several things in the background while you are also doing what you are doing in the foreground.

...I'm no expert on iOS though :-)
    01-20-17 04:53 AM
    More importantly iOS is much faster at making billions of dollars for Apple, And BB10 is wickedly quick at losing money.
    So if you want your money to disappear fast, you want iOS.
    01-20-17 04:59 AM
    Throw them out a window and find out.
    Physics is very clear about what would happen.
    01-20-17 05:12 AM
    I hear BB10 actually runs several tasks at the same time, and iOS10 does one task at a time. Which probably is a differentiating factor if you the kind of person who likes a device that can be doing several things in the background while you are also doing what you are doing in the foreground.

...I'm no expert on iOS though :-)
    Not really, every OS runs a lot of background tasks (which are called daemons). If you're talking about true multitasking, BB 10's behaviour is not much different from any other OS's as of now (iOS, for example, can keep running an app if required and if the developer allowed it). The only true multitasking was the PlayBook's one where, if you wanted to, you could let any app run in background indefinitely: BB 10's multitasking is just a "save and freeze", or, at most, "finish doing a task and then freeze", just like Android and iOS. The only real advantage of BB OS 10's multitasking (and it's a big one, for me) is the neat displaying of the apps you opened and the infos they can show you when frozen (but you have a limit on how many of them you can keep "open", unlike in Android, iOS and WP). In the end, we can say that iOS's behaviour is like "let me freeze it, no need to close it, when you open it again I'll restore your session, but if you really want I can end that task before freezing it", while BB 10's more like "let me finish that task, then I'll freeze it and show some useful infos too for you". Sorry if I was prolix hahahaha.
    01-20-17 05:23 AM
    I think bb10 multitasking very fast and simple, since I had a blackberry including z10 bb10 never slow in opening any application, as well as the weight game.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 02:36 PM