Hey all, hopefully I'm posting in the right forum (haven't really posted anything in years) but the help I received from the community last time was superb, hopefully i'll find a resolution to this issue.

Sprint Q10 running 10.3.1581

Whenever I receive a new voicemail notification in the hub every few minutes I hear an audible reminder. There is absolutely no way to turn this off. It's annoying and drains my battery. If I silent my profiles, I lose phone calls, texts and my alarm clock won't wake me up. I literally become forced to call in to the voicemail system to clear the notification (Sprint doesn't offer visual voicemail for BlackBerry). I've tried silencing my own contact profile but that doesn't work either. Nothing seems to work...if anyone has a fix, I'd greatly greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 09:55 PM
    What voicemail are you using?
    03-14-15 10:14 PM
    What voicemail are you using?
    I'm using the standard voicemail that comes with the OS

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:18 PM
    Do you have bebuzz or an application like that

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:20 PM
    I'm using the standard voicemail that comes with the OS

Posted via CB10
    Your voice mail is through your carrier then?
    03-14-15 10:23 PM
    Do you have bebuzz or an application like that

Posted via CB10
    not currently using any Third Party apps for that

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:26 PM
    Or is this BlackBerry mobile voice system?
    03-14-15 10:26 PM
    And also, who is the carrier?
    03-14-15 10:27 PM
    Your voice mail is through your carrier then?
    I "dial-in" to retrieve my voicemails.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:31 PM
    And also, who is the carrier?
    Sprint

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:31 PM
    Ok, so is this Sprint voicemail???
    03-14-15 10:37 PM
    My voicemails are stored on Sprint's network but the voicemail icon is via the BlackBerry OS.
    Blackberry 10 voicemail notification sound-img_20150314_233514.jpg
    Blackberry 10 voicemail notification sound-img_20150314_233829.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:39 PM
    First I would make sure you have the Q10 notifications set up properly:
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...-10.2.1-en.pdf

Then if that is all good, I would check that this is not something Sprint specific.
    My Verizon phones, for example, only allow w certain number of rings and I can not change this since it is a Verizon setting.
    My AT&T phones have a different number of rings.
    And my CC phones also have a different number of rings.

Try all this and report back
    tommichael88 likes this.
    03-14-15 10:42 PM
    Seems like this is a carrier issue to an extent. Sprint unfortunately (to my knowledge) doesn't offer a visual voicemail option for Q10 users.

The user guide you uploaded also seems to suggest this is an issue that may be carrier specific, unfortunately.

I really appreciate the help. If I get more info I'll keep you all posted.

If anyone else ran into this issue, let me know

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:13 PM
    If you go into your Hub settings do you have a similar option as I do, but for just plain Voice Mail? If so, maybe you can set it so it doesn't notify you in the hub. Not sure if it is present for you.

Blackberry 10 voicemail notification sound-img_20150315_035349.png

Posted via CB10
    tommichael88 likes this.
    03-15-15 03:01 AM
    My voicemails are stored on Sprint's network but the voicemail icon is via the BlackBerry OS.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150314_233514.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	341231
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150314_233829.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	341232

Posted via CB10
    Could be that once you reach 10 voicemails they want you to clear out a couple so your limit has not maxed out.
    03-15-15 08:53 AM
    Could be that once you reach 10 voicemails they want you to clear out a couple so your limit has not maxed out.
    Unfortunately the notification will chime even with a single voicemail

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 12:54 PM
    If you go into your Hub settings do you have a similar option as I do, but for just plain Voice Mail? If so, maybe you can set it so it doesn't notify you in the hub. Not sure if it is present for you.

I actually do have that option! Just I had no idea I could modify the setting to not make an audible alert that way....maybe I'm not looking in the right area, all I can do is change the "color" of the item in the hub.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 01:14 PM
    I actually do have that option! Just I had no idea I could modify the setting to not make an audible alert that way....maybe I'm not looking in the right area, all I can do is change the "color" of the item in the hub.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    I believe your issue was having the reminder alert in the hub for voice mail. So if you choose the option shown to not have the alert in the hub, I would think that would have helped. With the option pictured you should only have a single notification within the phone voice mail app and be alert free in the hub.

It works for me. Have you tried it? Or,are you saying you have tried it already and it's still not working as you intended?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 01:49 PM
    I believe your issue was having the reminder alert in the hub for voice mail. So if you choose the option shown to not have the alert in the hub, I would think that would have helped. With the option pictured you should only have a single notification within the phone voice mail app and be alert free in the hub.

It works for me. Have you tried it? Or,are you saying you have tried it already and it's still not working as you intended?

Posted via CB10
    Same issue...I've opened the alert notification and left it alone...every few minutes it re-notifies me and shows as an unacknowledged notification. Possibly, the device calls "home" to check for more voicemails on the server every few minutes..obviously very annoying lol.

Blackberry 10 voicemail notification sound-img_20150315_162204.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 03:25 PM
    From what I see the alerts are only coming into the voicemail app since the actual hub tab does not reflect the same total of messages present. The hub tab should produce the same exact number of unread unless you have an account configured not to show there.

It seems to me that your service provider is pinging your device to repeatedly let you know there are messages present. Even after being read or deleted. The thing is that voice mail services are controlled by your service provider and not by the BlackBerry OS. The BlackBerry OS is basically a mirror of what your service provider offers whether standard or VVM. I think the best bet is to call them to try to drill down as to why you still receive unread notifications even though they are for the same messages that you have already read and deleted. They can even test with you over the phone by calling from an alternate phone, and seeing what happens after you read/delete that same message real time.

Try that and report back.

Good luck!

EDIT : That recurring alert sounds like a reminder to me, possibly from a 3rd party app. I know you said you don't think so, but it sure sounds like it. That is for the recurring notification. Not the unread notification spoken about above within your screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:02 PM
    From what I see the alerts are only coming into the voicemail app since the actual hub tab does not reflect the same total of messages present. The hub tab should produce the same exact number of unread unless you have an account configured not to show there.

It seems to me that your service provider is pinging your device to repeatedly let you know there are messages present. Even after being read or deleted. The thing is that voice mail services are controlled by your service provider and not by the BlackBerry OS. The BlackBerry OS is basically a mirror of what your service provider offers whether standard or VVM. I think the best bet is to call them to try to drill down as to why you still receive unread notifications even though they are for the same messages that you have already read and deleted. They can even test with you over the phone by calling from an alternate phone, and seeing what happens after you read/delete that same message real time.

Try that and report back.

Good luck!

EDIT : That recurring alert sounds like a reminder to me, possibly from a 3rd party app. I know you said you don't think so, but it sure sounds like it. That is for the recurring notification. Not the unread notification spoken about above within your screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    I fortunately have no issues if I actually call into the VM system and delete the message. It's just annoying hearing a reminder every few mins when I dont stop what I'm doing to call in and delete the VM.

I'm curious if I can download the VVM .bar file and try to work around the issue that way...
    03-15-15 07:55 PM
    I am on a Sprint Q10. I have the same issues. No way for me to turn off the reminder. Just makes me call voice-mail and delete right away.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 07:42 AM
    I am on a Sprint Q10. I have the same issues. No way for me to turn off the reminder. Just makes me call voice-mail and delete right away.

Posted via CB10
    It's disappointing that Sprint doesn't offer this option to us BlackBerry users, feels very antiquated.

There is Youmail and Google Voice but I'd much rather use the integrated OS feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 10:27 PM
    It's disappointing that Sprint doesn't offer this option to us BlackBerry users, feels very antiquated.
    It might have to do with the fact that Sprint and BlackBerrry don't really get along these days - I believe Sprint stopped selling BlackBerry phones a while ago. So when you say it's disappointing that Sprint doesn't offer this option to BlackBerry users, that's because they don't want you to be a BlackBerry user.
    03-18-15 09:01 AM
26 12