Greetings,

I moved from a Z10 to a Z30 not too long ago, but I haven't played most of my movies since re-obtaining the license from BB World. I.E. I re-obtained the license file to store in the OS which would let me play the DRM protected movie files I already had downloaded and transferred over from my Z10.

Anyway I recently went to actually play one of these movies again and noticed I couldn't move the video progression slider at the bottom. The circle was smaller than I was used to seeing, and I can't grab it with my finger no matter what I try. I tried this on a number of my movies and most if not all of the DRM protected (bought through BB World) that I transferred over from my Z10 had this problem. I also noticed the movies that won't let me move the slider don't remember where I left off playing.

As a test I bought a new $0.99 movie through BB World. The circle on the video progression slider was bigger, I could move it no problem, and when I closed and re-opened the video the video player picked up where I left off.

Anyone have an idea why some of my movies won't let me move the video progression slider, nor does the video player remember where I left off, otherwise they play just fine?

Thanks for any thoughts/ideas you might have.
    07-13-14 04:44 PM
    Greetings,

I moved from a Z10 to a Z30 not too long ago, but I haven't played most of my movies since re-obtaining the license from BB World. I.E. I re-obtained the license file to store in the OS which would let me play the DRM protected movie files I already had downloaded and transferred over from my Z10.

Anyway I recently went to actually play one of these movies again and noticed I couldn't move the video progression slider at the bottom. The circle was smaller than I was used to seeing, and I can't grab it with my finger no matter what I try. I tried this on a number of my movies and most if not all of the DRM protected (bought through BB World) that I transferred over from my Z10 had this problem. I also noticed the movies that won't let me move the slider don't remember where I left off playing.

As a test I bought a new $0.99 movie through BB World. The circle on the video progression slider was bigger, I could move it no problem, and when I closed and re-opened the video the video player picked up where I left off.

Anyone have an idea why some of my movies won't let me move the video progression slider, nor does the video player remember where I left off, otherwise they play just fine?

Thanks for any thoughts/ideas you might have.
    Redownload them again? You said you transferred them over... Try redownloading one of them and see what happens
    07-13-14 05:17 PM
    Redownload them again? You said you transferred them over... Try redownloading one of them and see what happens
    I had the same thought and deleted one I know I could re-download, because some of them are no longer available through the store. That did indeed resolve the issue for that one movie as the slider is working again and the Video player remembers where I left off.

I can't figure out what changed though, and I would really like versus re-downloading. I have like 15+ movies and that would take a while and I have some that aren't in the store for me to re-download so I would like to find an answer for them at a minimum.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    07-13-14 06:58 PM
    I had the same thought and deleted one I know I could re-download, because some of them are no longer available through the store. That did indeed resolve the issue for that one movie as the slider is working again and the Video player remembers where I left off.

I can't figure out what changed though, and I would really like versus re-downloading. I have like 15+ movies and that would take a while and I have some that aren't in the store for me to re-download so I would like to find an answer for them at a minimum.

Seeing as you actually have a license and own them, download them through torrents? Seeing as you actually own them anyways its not actually stealing.
    07-13-14 07:09 PM
    Seeing as you actually have a license and own them, download them through torrents? Seeing as you actually own them anyways its not actually stealing.
    I would prefer to get the ones I already have working versus obtaining replacements through a shady mechanism (regardless if I am legal or not).

07-14-14 08:05 PM