View Poll Results: Does Playbook need a different BB10 User-Interface from that of the Phones ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! I there should be same UI across all BB10 devices

7 70.00%
  • Yes Playbook would definitely benefit from a Tailored UI

4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    This is a general discussion of BlackBerry 10 on the PlayBook

My thoughts are that currently, what we have seen so far with the demos is essentially designed for use in a smartphone, optimized for one handed use and portrait orientation. For phones this is excellent, but for tablets.....

If the playbook gets an update to Blackberry 10 with the same interface, it seems like this could be a step in the backward direction when u compare with the UI of the PlayBook OS 2.1

In my opinion, RIM should take the Blackberry 10 UI, and then mold it a little for the Playbook.

1.) It should be optimized for Landscape Orientation.
    2.) All existing gesture commands should be carried forward, including but not limited to flick up to close app.
    3.) Better use of larger screen real estate.
    4.) Slightly different UI so that it doesn't look like a blown up cell phone.

Will there be a new BlackBerry Bridge for BB10 ?

What changes would you like RIM to make in BlackBerry 10 UI to make it more Tablet friendly ?
    10-18-12 05:25 AM
    That should(and i believe it will) be optimized for the PB, of course.

There's also some Alpha and Beta OS of BB10 for the PB,and, it does have those specs you're talking about included.

Keep Calm and be ready for a long wait

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Qaxl likes this.
    10-18-12 05:31 AM
    I dont think it should be different. it should be tailored in the sense that it is for a 7 inch tablet and therefore things like message viewing would be tweaked, so you have inbox on the left with messages on the right, just cos u have a bigger screen and the same for settings etc... but the user interface and bb10 itself should be the same... BB10- looks amazing nyway, i dont know why anyone would want it changed
    10-18-12 05:43 AM
    also more active frames!!!
    Qaxl likes this.
    10-18-12 05:43 AM
    I think I would be happy with a more or less direct copy of BB10 phone UI but designed to fit well in landscape as well.
    10-22-12 03:13 AM
    Here is some food for thought.

Currently the UI is stacked horizontally, HUB to the left, Active Frames in the middle, and Icons to the right. How about for the Playbook its switched around a little, Hub on the left, Active Frames in the middle, but the Icons stay at the bottom like the current PB OS.
    10-22-12 11:46 AM