No not that kind of toast...cinnamon toast!

Notifications Manager

Some apps may want to send notifications to the user – for example, say an app that communicates with the cloud wants to inform the user when new data has been uploaded. The app can register with the notification service to send such a notification. We support simple LED notifications, sound and vibration, toast messages, dialogs, and Inbox notifications. Apps that want to leverage this service need to indicate this by specifying the post_notification action in their bar descriptor. The user will have the ability to customize the notification through the notification settings dialog.

[emphasis added]

More confirmation that toast will be on the BB10 phone at launch. The APIs are already available for Devs to use.

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/0...-improvements/
    07-19-12 10:33 AM
    Like if you upload a file to a shared drop box account and it sends notification to all other shared users?
    07-19-12 10:40 AM
    I'm excited that we finally have notifications, and location API, and invocations. These are things that I needed to continue on the couple of ideas I've been working on. Good stuff!
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    07-19-12 10:46 AM
    I'm excited that we finally have notifications, and location API, and invocations. These are things that I needed to continue on the couple of ideas I've been working on. Good stuff!
    Yea it's a nice evolution, can't wait to see the great apps you and other devs will push out.

There are many other APIs that were released too. The full list is on the Dev Blog. Sadly, there's no mention of BBM.
    07-19-12 10:54 AM
    BlackBerry 10 will nuke the competition. Its going to be great.
    07-19-12 11:33 AM
    BlackBerry 10 will nuke the competition. Its going to be great.
    A picture is worth a 1000 words
    Last edited by Big BB; 07-20-12 at 08:40 AM.
    BB10FTW and Cesare21 like this.
    07-20-12 08:37 AM
    Not sure if anyone else can see the picture because it is not showing up for me
    07-20-12 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD