Who would think of adding a % if you accidentally happened to touch the screen while it was starting up. No way in iOS or Android. The attention to detail...
    BlackBerry 10 they really didn't miss a thing.-img_20160720_171100.jpg
    BlackBerry 10 they really didn't miss a thing.-img_20160720_171057.jpg
    BlackBerry 10 they really didn't miss a thing.-img_20160720_171054.jpg

Posted via CB10
    mitul_mehta and moyah8 like this.
    07-20-16 09:15 AM
    Well, to be fair, Blackberry's secure hardware verification checks result in longer boot times than other devices, so it's smart of them to offer the progress information so that users are not confused.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 09:19 AM
    Nice, I didn't know about this feature.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 04:28 PM
    They missed many things. How about a "select all" button in the file manager?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 05:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    You have just summoned the devil

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 05:24 PM
    OP your evidence that they didn't miss a thing is that they did one thing right.
    Jforssblad likes this.
    07-20-16 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Orrrr how bout the Power Off icon like on the BBOS devices instead of always having to hold down on the button.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 07:18 PM
    How about that ******** button.
    BlackBerry 10 they really didn't miss a thing.-img_20160721_105558.png

Or the flashing SMS screen witch I still can't get rid of.
    07-20-16 09:57 PM
    Well if you download Penzus MMX you gonna get your Select All and almost the same look and feel of d�faut File Manager

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 10:47 AM
    Well if you download Penzus MMX from BlackBerry World you gonna get your Select All and almost the same look and feel as the default File Manager

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 404557
    07-22-16 10:49 AM
    Although if it loaded faster, you wouldn't have time to press the screen and find the percentage.

As for not missing anything, how about do not disturb and auto off at night?
    07-22-16 02:12 PM
    Although if it loaded faster, you wouldn't have time to press the screen and find the percentage.

As for not missing anything, how about do not disturb and auto off at night?
    If it loaded faster, it would not be able to employ the hardware-based security checks that it does. That's the price of an unrootable, secure boot process.
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-s...gins-endpoints
    Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 03:02 PM
    If they didn't miss a thing than can someone tell me how to get notifications through my bluetooth while listening to podcasts or music? Also can someone tell me where the toggles are to make the phone ring in my ear when I have my wired earbuds plugged in the 3.5 mm jack?

Seems we are missing some toggles and this boggles my foggles.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 05:29 PM
    I hope you're joking....

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 10:39 PM
    Orrrr how bout the Power Off icon like on the BBOS devices instead of always having to hold down on the button.

Posted via CB10
    On a touch screen, that might result in accidentally shutting down the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 11:16 PM
    How about a close all apps button? Even the earliest of Androids have that.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 11:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    That was really nice with a scroll wheel. Maybe not as good with a touchscreen?
    07-23-16 12:01 AM
    They didn't miss a thing? I think they did.
    Select all button, but not from the file manager. It's the only OS with built in file manager. In the same time you can have that feature in some 3rd party app and a 3rd party app is the only way you will have a file manager on a Android device. But I would like to have a "select all" button for the Hub.
    Hold the power button for 3 seconds-I think it's a good feature so you don't accidentally turn off your device.
    Turning on the device takes longer on BlackBerry 10 device is a good thing when you think the reason of that is securing your phone. In the same time it doesn't bother me since I don't have to restart my phone on daily basics like I would do with an Android device because of the lag.
    No "do not disturb" feature? Think again. There is the "night mode" feature, if I have a meeting in my calendar my Passport will automatically set the "meeting" profile and it has many other "do not disturb" features...

�n conclusion, BlackBerry did miss some things on BlackBerry 10, but in the same time I find BlackBerry 10 the most evolved OS regarding the User Experience and security level despite the fact it's the "youngest " OS.

Posted via CB10
    sirius27 likes this.
    07-23-16 03:54 AM
    Alas, the security level of the BB10 OpenVPN client remains at 0% (plus or minus teases that suggest some plumbing for it exists in the OS). Of course, I understand that OpenVPn had been out for only a dozen years and was part of Android for 5 years at the point that BB10 released. Maybe it wasn't mature enough for the nextgen geewhiz BB10.

It's a good thing that I can use my BB10 native Good client to connect with my enterprise.
    werkregen likes this.
    07-23-16 08:10 AM
    Posted via CB10
    That would be a bad thing, not a good thing:
    -too easy to delete massive quantities of stuff accidentally,
    -you can delete a folder and everything in it already.
    07-23-16 08:47 AM
    How about a close all apps button? Even the earliest of Androids have that.
    Posted via CB10
    The joy of BlackBerry is: that is totally redundant and unnecessary, bc you can dont HAVE any renegade apps running in the background!

(do you even have a BlackBerry -- ?)
    07-23-16 08:52 AM
    The joy of BlackBerry is: that is totally redundant and unnecessary, bc you can dont HAVE any renegade apps running in the background!

(do you even have a BlackBerry -- ?)
    Android apps can run in the background and there's little the user can do about them on BB10.
    07-23-16 09:18 AM
    Android apps can run in the background and there's little the user can do about them on BB10.
    Sure, using android apps has SOME compromise, but, #1 you choose whether to add them, which ones to add, and can change your mind or disable their permission to run if you find it too invasive, AND delete them #2 they dont install themselves in the background without your permission, or change their permissions back from what you set them at, or disable your ability to delete them, or RE-install themselves after you have deleted them.

As someone else hilariously pointed out somewhere on this site, about the difference between BlackBerry and android, 'it is the difference between Heaven and Hell.'
    07-23-16 09:36 AM
    Sure, using android apps has SOME compromise, but, #1 you choose whether to add them, which ones to add, and can change your mind or disable their permission to run if you find it too invasive, AND delete them #2 they dont install themselves in the background without your permission, or change their permissions back from what you set them at, or disable your ability to delete them, or RE-install themselves after you have deleted them.

As someone else hilariously pointed out somewhere on this site, about the difference between BlackBerry and android, 'it is the difference between Heaven and Hell.'
    You can't change permissions for Android apps on BB10, especially not run in background permissions.

The preloaded Amazon app is basically what you've described.
    07-23-16 09:45 AM
    There's a lot you can do with them. Like shut them down.
    Don't know if task manager is still available in BlackBerry world, but that kills all android processes. It's what I use.
    Ghost commander is another good one. You can force stop any android app and also turn off notifications on android apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 10:03 AM
44 12