04-14-15 09:55 PM
31 12
tools
    Looks like it's just a wrapper for the website. Too bad, I was hoping to get another offline mapping program. I used Here on the Lumia 521 in places with absolutely no cell signal and it was a great resource.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    Yes, it's a wrapper for the website. Like the first Here maps version for Android.

A classic post via CB10 app
    03-29-15 05:35 PM
    Yes, it's a wrapper for the website. Like the first Here maps version for Android.

A classic post via CB10 app
    It's just a matter of time, hopefully.

03-29-15 07:12 PM
    I'm pretty sure I downloaded Here Maps from 1Mobile. But I have Snap and Google Play (ala Cobalt) as well, so I could be mistaken. I provided a screenshot in my earlier post showing my copy is the 2.0.0 version.

I also see that 1Mobile and Google Play list the version as 1.1. I think that might be an error where they neglected to edit the version number. Check the updated date as listed on Google Play (March 19, 2015). Have you tried downloading the posted version?

Attachment 344101

Posted via CB10
    Your v2 is very first beta release of Here Map and lacks offline map feature, Now they have v1.1 and they are not interested in BB10 at all.
    The new Google Map is far better but lacks offline feature.
    03-30-15 11:33 AM
    Hello friends, I've received and got installed UNSOLICITED the updated 10.3.1.1779
    weird O_o since I've not checked for updates nor allowed any installation.
    In the morning I've only found the message "an updated has been installed that requires a reboot, save you documents"
    Well, only watching at the time it required to reboot, I've understood what was going on.

The issue

Looks like everything works, except google maps. It works only if I set the browser in desktop mode, otherwise I get only a white/blank screen.

Do you have any kind hint?

Thank you

Also how to avoid these automatic upgrades of the OS?

Thank you

Cor
    04-14-15 01:24 AM
    Looks like everything works, except google maps. It works only if I set the browser in desktop mode, otherwise I get only a white/blank screen.

Do you have any kind hint?

Thank you

Also how to avoid these automatic upgrades of the OS?
    No issues with Google maps for me on 1779. To avoid automatic updates go to Settings > Software Updates. Tap the Options icon in the bar at the bottom and you can turn off auto updates in the following screen.

04-14-15 02:09 AM
    Thanks to direct apk download provided above I now have Google maps running for first time on my up to date Z30. Sweet.

But BlackBerry Maps got me where my Lexus navigation couldn't today so I am happy with BlackBerry

Posted via my Z30 Droidberry.
    04-14-15 09:55 PM
31 12