Dear Community, I have a question to which I couldn't find an answer in the internet.
    I have a BB Classic and since most messenger apps are only running as a android APK I have to use these. All APK notification are displayed on the BB hub as these general notifications (with a bell symbol). The sound of this notification is terrible. It literally drives me crazy.

Is there a way to change this default sound? Because haven't found it so far!
    Thanks already in advance.
    Cheers!
    04-04-17 03:57 PM
    1. Settings
    2. App Manager
    3. Go to the Application Permissions screen (this is the last line in blue - just tap it)

Notifications is not usually listed here, but it's worth checking.

If the app you are using has access in it's own settings for Notification sound, it will list the default Android sounds (a dozen or more) that you can choose from.
    04-04-17 06:02 PM
    Thank you coffee-turtle for your response,
    but this setting cannot change the general notification sound (with the bell sign). Is there a way to change this notification?
    04-06-17 11:17 AM
    Hey MatDon!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-page-965257/
    Check that out, and see what you think.

For your notification alerts, pay specific attention to this section:
    Android Settings

The Android Settings APK provides a direct access to the hidden Android settings of the Blackberry device. It also allows to edit the Google Account synchronization settings or to turn off app-notifications being sent to Blackberry hub.

Android settings with included mobile data configuration option
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S861C2793C...6898FDFF816FF8

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 11:43 AM
    Hey Undefinederror,
    thanks for your reply. It is indeed an option to get rid of the notification.
    But I would like to keep distance to any google service, which is one of the main reasons I bought a Blackberry.
    Is there no Option to alter the main notification sound? I mean the sound itself is annoying, even if I would change all notifications of the android apps.
    04-18-17 09:52 AM
    Have a look in the following areas and let's see if this helps.

"Settings" > "Notifications" > pick your current profile, i.e. "Normal" if that's what you're on > "Customize App Notifications" > see if your app is listed under "Other Applications" > if it is, click on it.

You may only have "All Notifications" off, and "Sound" on, and that's it. If so, turn "All Notifications" on, then you should see all your options including pick a different ringtone and even LED color.

At least you can try it.

Joel
    04-18-17 10:56 AM
    Hey Joeldf,
    thank you very much for your fast reply. I have tried that already and put all specific app notifiction on. But the thing is, I'am able to alter almost all sorts of notification settings, even the sound. But the sound does not appear if I receive a new message. Only the main notification (bell sign) appears with a default sound that I cannot alter, no matter what I tried. All android apps are collected under that main notification (sadly)
    04-18-17 03:46 PM
    Does no body know, how to deal with that issue?
    05-06-17 12:14 PM
    Is there no option within the app itself? That would be my guess but I'm assuming you probably already looked there
    05-06-17 12:21 PM