I'm sure this has been discussed before, but does anyone have any idea if we'll see proper bridge functions on BlackBerry 10?

I love my Q10 and Z10, but I haven't touched my PlayBook in months because of the lack there of functionality.

It feels like BlackBerry has pushed the PlayBook on the back burner (which is reasonable during OS10 launch) but when does it end? My PlayBook is essentially a dust collector, with no hopes in sight.

My "theory" or "Prayer" if you will, is that BlackBerry has the intentions of bringing OS10 to PlayBook WITH native BBM and other functionality, and this is why there currently is no "full" bridge compatibility as of now. Otherwise, what could possibly be the cause of the delay considering how long BlackBerry Bridge has been available... ? It's simply frustrating.

I understand the brief remission of focus, but I feel if BlackBerry were to step up their game a bit, we could see the PlayBook have a come back. Hopefully running OS10.

There is definitely potential in the PlayBook, no matter which way you argue for.

What do you all think? Agree?
    crazyhairboy likes this.
    06-13-13 12:25 PM
    With your new A10 you might not need a collection of devices! Seriously, what functionality does the bridged PB give you that you sorely miss ?

That was not my troll comment - this is. I think that some smartphones really can replace the smaller tablets. The Android devices that have "text reflow" built in do a better job of displaying web pages than the Z10 where the font is way too small on the non-mobile sites.
    06-14-13 10:56 AM
    If you use the chrome playbook extension and look at the system apps on your z10. There are many bridge apps, BBM, messages,....and they get updated every time the OS updates. I think they are waiting for the new playbook os to restore the full functionality. If this wasn't part of the plan, then why update the apps...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:07 AM
    I miss texting/BBM from my PB. I do belive we will get those features back when BB10 will come to the PlayBook, but it's been 4 months since they took that away, I'd love a bridge update.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-14-13 11:14 AM