View Poll Results: Most secure mobile OS ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows phone 10

1 9.09%
  • BlackBerry 10

5 45.45%
  • Android

3 27.27%
  • iOS

5 45.45%
  • POCO

1 9.09%
  • Sailfish OS

1 9.09%
  • Tizen

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    HI , all BB10OS users from UK please comment below !!

I just started some "battle" with some banks in UK because they don't want to support BB10 OS which still is more secure than any stupid android or last IOS, I think we have right to defend our rights even if we are not to many !!!
    10-09-18 08:30 AM
    They're not violating any of your rights, that I'm aware of, by choosing not to support something.
    BigBadWulf and john_v like this.
    10-09-18 10:03 AM
    HI , all BB10OS users from UK please comment below !!

I just started some "battle" with some banks in UK because they don't want to support BB10 OS which still is more secure than any stupid android or last IOS, I think we have right to defend our rights even if we are not to many !!!
    I would go as far as to say that it’s still more secure! Browser haven’t been updated in a while and if I were a bank, I would be worried if someone uses BB10 to access their account.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    10-09-18 10:08 AM
    that why is better to have native apps !!
    10-09-18 10:42 AM
    ok let's look at this problem from another point of view me and other BB users who are happy with BB so in generally like on this forum we act like an community with same interests, we are not millions but we are thousands so when a public institution decides to go against a group of people in favour of another group (I mean majority with Android and iOS) because of financial reason (this is waht they said in leatter to me ), in other words they save money and forces us to spend our money !?! that's a discrimination because by law we using a public service and as a consumer we have rights to act.....this is how i see this ... but i want to discus all this details with some UK lawyer.

https://www.gov.uk/discrimination-your-rights
    10-09-18 11:05 AM
    ok let's look at this problem from another point of view me and other BB users who are happy with BB so in generally like on this forum we act like an community with same interests, we are not millions but we are thousands so when a public institution decides to go against a group of people in favour of another group (I mean majority with Android and iOS) because of financial reason (this is waht they said in leatter to me ), in other words they save money and forces us to spend our money !?! that's a discrimination because by law we using a public service and as a consumer we have rights to act.....this is how i see this ... but i want to discus all this details with some UK lawyer.

My reading of the law is it protects certain classes of people.
    It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of:

being or becoming a transsexual person

being married or in a civil partnership

being pregnant or on maternity leave

disability

race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin

religion, belief or lack of religion/belief

sex

sexual orientation

I don't see anything about a class of people who choose to use a phone OS that will be EOL in a little over 14 months. Banks have a responsibility to make sure the devices connecting to their systems are secure. BlackBerry waited almost eight months after iOS and Android patched the KRACK vulnerability.
    10-09-18 03:31 PM

Poor buying decisions are not a protected category.
    10-09-18 03:50 PM
    Poor buying decisions are not a protected category.
    Waaaat ? Say it ain't so !! Of course. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ USA lasted a year almost to the day and now Advanced Exchange for screen fallout only by the grace of TCL... were it purchased the EU it would have been covered for 2 years !!
    10-09-18 04:09 PM

Good luck. That's a sure way to help them drain your bank account so you won't even have to worry about it. No money because you decided to pay a lawyer for a losing case, no need to access your bank account.
    10-09-18 05:05 PM

Did you even read the link you posted???

Can you tell us which category of discrimination buying a phone falls into?

Yeah there is a small... really small case for “app neutrality”. But even if true, it’s difficult to implement. We can’t force à developer to make apps for every single plateforme out there.
    10-09-18 05:49 PM
    .... ya this is always what I can hear nowadays specially in UK ...... "no you not gonna do nothing " bla bla bla " just bend over when someone is behind you .................
    10-09-18 07:42 PM
    yes but i think you didn't !!
    10-09-18 07:42 PM
    actually what to expect in forum which is sponsored by android devices .....
    10-09-18 07:45 PM
    And the people still using WebOS, MeeGo, Sailfish, BBOS and on and on...

*post sponsored by sanity
    10-09-18 11:14 PM
    I'd say drop it as you have no chance to achieve much! Banking apps is the reason I'll probably make a transition too at some point sooner or later!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-18 11:53 PM
    I'm sorry to say that this is a battle that we lost long ago. It is sad, but it is the reality. BB (and its users: you, me and the rest of our little community) ultimately weren't succesful.

We will have to move on eventually.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-18 03:38 AM
    ''we lost '' !!?? you didn't even start fight !!! stop putting you in line with real soldier !!! you are not such person !!! keep being an "sitting duck"
    10-10-18 04:51 AM
    ''we lost '' !!?? you didn't even start fight !!! stop putting you in line with real soldier !!! you are not such person !!! keep being an "sitting duck"
    It'll be better for all if you realise this too!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-18 05:06 AM
    you mean to be an "sitting duck" !!???
    10-10-18 06:16 AM
    I'm sure you're just joking but please be aware that I've been on BB10 since my Q10 was new and have never been a pasive user. I have written many requests asking for support along the way. Also, I've sent lots of thanks and words of encouragement to developers and companies who DID support us when they could. They supported us when it seemed feasible for them. They dropped us when it no longer made financial sense. And those that never did support us, well they turned out to be right in saving their money.

We used to be able to send messages with WhatsApp, integrate with Dropbox, read our favourite newspapers on apps, etc, but those apps got old are weren't updates as technology moved on. We missed out on a lot but we did used to be catered for a lot better.

It really isn't feasible now for anyone other than clever enthusiasts to make new apps for us, we just get what we get and should be grateful for what little compatibility we have left. We can be clever and work around it where possible but I accept it, most of us accept it. You will not get a banking app. I can tell you though that I can bank online perfectly well in the UK with Lloyds and Metro Bank using the native BB10 browser.

You don't have to accept anything, but I would encourage you to stop bothering companies and looking like a nutter. You're actually making BB users look silly by requesting apps from companies now-- I don't mean that as an insult either. You are probably well meaning but I'll informed.

Lastly, I wish it were different, but it isn't. It just isn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-18 06:16 AM
    BlackBerry has already announced an EOL date for BB10. Not only are you not going to get support from your bank you will not get support from BlackBerry. I work for a large enterprise software company. The division I manage at one time created apps for BB10. Two years ago we were planning our next generation mobile apps. BlackBerry told us to focus on Android and not BB10. One month later they announced they were leaving the Hardware business. We are still a BlackBerry partner-MDM. They never talk about BB10.

Here is your bigger problem, take a bank like NatWest. I would be surprised if they had 1,000 customers using BB10. If they started a BB10 app right now between dev and testing they would be lucky to release the app by the end of March. At that point the app would only have nine months of life. No financial institution is going to allow an app on a EOL non supported platform to connect to their system.
    10-10-18 09:09 AM
    I understand what are you saying but why nowadays we have to accept everything what "someone" said ?!?!?! .................................. Plato was right, even after 2350 years he is still right ...............FTW...
    10-10-18 09:50 AM
    I understand what are you saying but why nowadays we have to accept everything what "someone" said ?!?!?!
    Because the "someone" you are talking about is the only one with the power to change anything, and that someone has no interest in further doing anything at all relating to BB10.
    10-10-18 10:22 AM
    EXACTLY !! that why mentioned PLATO !!!!
    10-10-18 10:24 AM
    TO BE EXACT >
    "when you let bastards to rule your live you deserve a ******* life!! "©
    10-10-18 10:27 AM
63 123