my Q5 updated from 10.2.1out of the box to 10.3.1 with no further updates has been very solid for a year. My Passport on 10.3.0.908 was the worst and I still remember that. It ranked up there with Yosemite being horrible on my Mac mini.

i think for me stability has depended on the device, os version, and maybe update path/method and that goes for any manufacturer I've used.

idk if BB10 is the most stable but my Q5 has been better than my iOS devices on 9.1. My 3GS otoh might edge them out on iOS 6.1.6 aside from apps closing/crashing due to a lack of ram, it's been a rock.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    05-24-16 10:38 AM
    Same here.

Android apps aside, I feel it's really stable, i.e. no freezes, no crashes, no reboot required. It's like a good Debian stable; good kernel (QNX) and good 'desktop' environment (BB10).

A lot of instability is due to the software level which probably doesn't interact well with the underlying system.

As some said, BlackBerry is quite late into market to catch the wave...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-24-16 11:22 AM
    It might be stable now provided you use no apps that require google play services or a more recent runtime.
    05-24-16 12:13 PM
    Can't believe you think the OS is the reason BB10 has not gained traction.
    The OS is BB10. The reason it failed, aside from to little too late is that it was released unfinished. The apps never came because it failed the day it came out. I know because I have a Z10. That phone was a disaster the day I got it. Like a loyal BB user I stuck with it hoping it would improve and developers would come over to it. It did improve quite a bit but, at some point when a ship is taking on water, you cant pump it out fast enough. You know its dead when BB goes Android. I stick by my original post.
    05-24-16 02:44 PM
    Do not use Android apps and you have the best OS ever.
    05-24-16 07:17 PM
    They say that Windows phones are dead too and they sell four times as much as BlackBerry. Phones are a commodity.

Still a small niche market for BlackBerry PKB phones running Android.

Posted via CB10
    Some windows phones sell new for like $50. Someone sell me a new BlackBerry for that price.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 09:56 PM
    Some windows phones sell new for like $50. Someone sell me a new BlackBerry for that price.

Posted via CB10
    Well, those are really low end phones and are priced as such. Having said that, in terms of low end phones, Windows phone ones are the best out there in term of speed. If someone didn't have money for a mid-range Android device (like the Moto G), then i would NEVER recommend a low end Android and instead recommend them a Windows phone.
    elfabio80 and The_Passporter like this.
    05-25-16 03:07 AM
32 12