My Z10 was speedy and fluid since day 1, after almost 3 years of use. My only complaint towards the end was the battery life (perhaps solved with a new battery). After trying a Nexus 5X and iPhone 6S (my new current phone) I still miss my Z10 for the keyboard, Hub (native messaging as OP described it), and nice touches like the customizable quick settings panel, customizable alerts, and home screen notifications. The only time I experienced lag was running some heavier Android apps. Wish they put out a successor (same size, easily usable with one hand).

Still, my Z10 is a phone I will never sell because I know I can rely on it if needed. For now it's just sleeping.
    I have a client who still has a Z10 - her views are very similar to yours, except she's still hanging on for a successor phone.... she has Android experience in that her husband switched early from Z10 to a high-end Samsung, because in the early days group text messaging (which he uses daily) was rubbish on BB10.

I expect that in the summer, both will end up moving to the Priv (or Priv2?).
    12-01-15 09:58 PM
    Totally disagree. While the experience for some applications may not be of to the liking of running natively in android, the apps I use perform admirably for a device using runtime emulation.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 11:18 PM
    The purpose of the BlackBerry OS is to facilitate communication and productivity.

The purpose of Android is to hoover up the personal data of its users for Google databases. This is why the Android OS is (conditionally) free to OEMs, why Android app permissions are intrusive, and why Android app users can't set their own permissions (like iOS users and native BlackBerry App users).

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    LOL... what about iOS and Windows Phone? What were they created to do?
    12-01-15 11:44 PM
    The blue color looks better on the Z30 because of the resolution and the black because it's pitch black. But it'll do fine on a 1:1 screen.
    Attachment 382682
    Thanks, I'm using that too :-)

Posted via  Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2789)
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    12-02-15 12:17 AM
    LOL... what about iOS and Windows Phone? What were they created to do?
    I've never used iOS or Windows Phone, nor have I ever invested in Microsoft or (except a brief trade) Apple, so I don't really have an opinion; however, I will say all my iPhone-using friends tell me they have permission controls on their apps. I personally have an iPad Mini (with no contacts or other personal info on it) for movie-watching on long flights, and the one app I've downloaded to it (NHL Game Center) allowed me permissions control. I know Siri queries all go into a database, so there's that -- but Google designed Android from the beginning as a way to build up their databases with the personal information of its users. Does WP allow its users to control app permissions? That says a lot right there.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    12-02-15 08:05 AM
    OP please... Kobo crashed and thus BB10 is only for messaging? I'm with the "thread is BS" crowd.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler and crackbb10 like this.
    12-02-15 09:59 AM
    Interesting post OP.
    While I've moved on to an Android. If my Z30 didn't have to be sent in for repairs and further damaged by that site( no disclosure....I got paid), I would still be utlizing it for work, my small business ventures, and personal fun. No matter what issues you may have with BlackBerry, they have never been a "one trick pony". Specs, may not have been the best, ecosystem has ancient cobwebs hanging down, and to correct you, most of the DEVs left for greener pastures and rightfully so. I do agree with you about the Z50 assbackwards decision(s).....to choose not to follow up an awesome device like the Z30. Ok....we see the Leap. After the Q10( I have two), we got the Classic. Now, to add insult to injury, after the Priv - Slider, we now have photos of the pending Vienna(keyboard looks nice)......while those of us that were waiting on a full touch have moved on or are in the process of waying other options. Also, anyone that you talked to (not into) about buying a BB10 device did so as their final decision. Even a weather man can't predict all of the sudden changes. Same with BlackBerry, who are still banking on their former spot at the top and security to move units. I wish them nothing but the best. Just not with my money......for now.
    pstrusi, Killjoyhere and murphcid like this.
    12-02-15 02:46 PM
    While I do agree with the OP to a point, you have made a very valid point here as well. Android users (me included) are sometimes too caught up in the Arms Race of bigger, better, more studly specs on the phones. BB seems to more closely control things so that the phones don't need the latest and greatest hardware to run whatever software/game de jour that is out there. I think BB does need to release an Android touch phone since that is where most of the kids learned to use their phones.

Interesting post OP.
    While I've moved on to an Android. If my Z30 didn't have to be sent in for repairs and further damaged by that site( no disclosure....I got paid), I would still be utlizing it for work, my small business ventures, and personal fun. No matter what issues you may have with BlackBerry, they have never been a "one trick pony". Specs, may not have been the best, ecosystem has ancient cobwebs hanging down, and to correct you, most of the DEVs left for greener pastures and rightfully so. I do agree with you about the Z50 assbackwards decision(s).....to choose not to follow up an awesome device like the Z30. Ok....we see the Leap. After the Q10( I have two), we got the Classic. Now, to add insult to injury, after the Priv - Slider, we now have photos of the pending Vienna(keyboard looks nice)......while those of us that were waiting on a full touch have moved on or are in the process of waying other options. Also, anyone that you talked to (not into) about buying a BB10 device did so as their final decision. Even a weather man can't predict all of the sudden changes. Same with BlackBerry, who are still banking on their former spot at the top and security to move units. I wish them nothing but the best. Just not with my money......for now.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-04-15 02:54 PM
    I bought a Q10 followed by a passport precisely because I was tired of Android and iOS periodically turning into a stuttering mess. If you use a lot of Android apps YMMV but for what I'd consider the core functions of a mobile device I've found it unbeatable.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-04-15 03:56 PM
    BlackBerry is going to next Nokia soon.
    12-11-15 10:53 AM
    Well messaging is all I really use my device for. Sure ill use the browser or bits of social media but I dont really do much else on my BlackBerry.

Now, I guess one could argue "if the device could play games, social media, etc, I would use it" but hey, I've been using bb10 for several years now and I am fine.

However, I am looking forward to the priv on verizon for the Google sync stuff (Gmail, calendar, etc). I could never get the BlackBerry calendar to sync 100% with Google calendar. It works about 90% of the time.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 11:20 AM
    Well messaging is all I really use my device for. Sure ill use the browser or bits of social media but I dont really do much else on my BlackBerry.

Now, I guess one could argue "if the device could play games, social media, etc, I would use it" but hey, I've been using bb10 for several years now and I am fine.

However, I am looking forward to the priv on verizon for the Google sync stuff (Gmail, calendar, etc). I could never get the BlackBerry calendar to sync 100% with Google calendar. It works about 90% of the time.

Posted via CB10
    That's odd. I manage several group calendars (all Google) and personal Google calendars and it all works perfectly.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-11-15 03:55 PM
    That's odd. I manage several group calendars (all Google) and personal Google calendars and it all works perfectly.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Me too but it took some work. Newer Google accounts no longer support EAS. I had issues adding them via caldav, but had no problems just doing the generic BlackBerry route and let the phone do the work.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 04:00 PM
    As much as I love my Blackberry 10 phone & enjoy bagging other operating systems, it pains me to admit that the only thing Blackberry 10 is good for is native messaging. Anything else & it's a painful device to use. It's clunky, laggy & often hangs which needs a restart to rectify.

Ported apps from Android are a farce. What's the point of giving us the ability of porting apps when they don't work properly.

Posted via CB10
    This is not true. My phone never hangs, it is not. That slow and Android apps I need do work well. As per photo attached many apps are android apps

Blackberry 10 only good for messaging-uploadfromtaptalk1449874265832.jpg
    12-11-15 04:52 PM
    I agree. Many of the core apps and functionality work great and need to be purged or flushed but like I said in my original comment, outside of messaging, not a whole lot going on for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Outside of messaging I print from my phone, control my TV amazon FTV and a host of other devices through harmony app, access files remotely on my office PC/storage device, have all my news feeds aggregated into one app, able to switch my netflix and other streaming service regions, login remotely to network PC, do quick conversions of various quantities, share media easily through a host of different ways, convert files, edit files, group meetings through Web conferencing, stream podcasts, tap and pay from my phone at almost all retailers, connect keyboard and mouse to my phone, miracast my phone to a big screen for presentations or through hdmi, conatct management, managing multiple calendars, create and edit tasks.
    And that's the stuff off the top of my head without going through the apps I use.

It's no android or iphone and it sorely lacks apps. But for me personally I'm not big on apps.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-11-15 08:58 PM
    Ummm, I have 3 email accounts, all in full sync, Google play store and a whole bunch of apps and I use this Z30 and there is no lag nor clunkiness. Are you sure your using a BB10? My work forces a Samsung Galaxy s4 on me and that is clunky but that's due to the haphazard app ecosystem. Disabled as much Samsung stuff as possible.

Posted via CB10
    idhbar likes this.
    12-11-15 10:21 PM
    Ummm, I have 3 email accounts, all in full sync, Google play store and a whole bunch of apps and I use this Z30 and there is no lag nor clunkiness. Are you sure your using a BB10? My work forces a Samsung Galaxy s4 on me and that is clunky but that's due to the haphazard app ecosystem. Disabled as much Samsung stuff as possible.

Posted via CB10
    Q10 does have many of these problems.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 07:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    My Z30 has many of these problems, remember there are different phone versions running different software versions, not everyone is necessarily going to have the same problems.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 11:18 AM
    After using Asus Zenphone foreword days I can say that Blsckberrry blows Android out of the water when it comes to communication. Blackberry hub is the best, so is blackberry virtual keyboard. Blackberry os is clean and beautiful. Android not so much. But android apps work much better on Android than on my z30. In terms of speed and compatibility. The only android phone I could probably switch to is Priv.
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-15-15 06:34 AM
    Played a game yesterday with a group of friends. It was "figure how to perform a simple action on an android phone Web browser. See if anyone knows how to refresh the page".

Passed it along all android users. No one didn't know how.

It wasn't really a game. Someone mocked someone for not knowing how, then he passed it on to someone else, they couldn't figure it out so I took the plunge.

Seriously. Android ain't all that great as people say to be.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 11:46 AM
    It doesn't run android like an android phone. But other than lacking Google services I always found it adequate.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-20-15 11:49 AM
    Played a game yesterday with a group of friends. It was "figure how to perform a simple action on an android phone Web browser. See if anyone knows how to refresh the page".

Passed it along all android users. No one didn't know how.

It wasn't really a game. Someone mocked someone for not knowing how, then he passed it on to someone else, they couldn't figure it out so I took the plunge.

Seriously. Android ain't all that great as people say to be.

Posted via CB10
    And I'm sure an Android user could do the same thing and leave you stumped on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 12:06 PM
    As much as I love my Blackberry 10 phone & enjoy bagging other operating systems, it pains me to admit that the only thing Blackberry 10 is good for is native messaging. Anything else & it's a painful device to use. It's clunky, laggy & often hangs which needs a restart to rectify.

Ported apps from Android are a farce. What's the point of giving us the ability of porting apps when they don't work properly.

Posted via CB10
    Mine isn't clunky and laggy. Maybe you should update your OS. My Z10 runs very well on 10.3.2876.
    12-20-15 12:40 PM
    Mine isn't clunky and laggy. Maybe you should update your OS. My Z10 runs very well on 10.3.2876.
    Do you run a lot of Android apps?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 02:14 PM
    Do you run a lot of Android apps?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, as a matter of fact I do. I have been side loading them since day one with my Z10, before you could get them on Amazon or by using Snap. I have had my Z10 since they released it. I now had to resort to an Android version of Facebook as well.

Just a note though. If you do use 10.3.2.2876, you may want to replace the two android bar files with the ones in 10.3.2.2813. There is a bug in the 2876 android runtime that prevents you from deleting Android apps. You can go through the motions of deleting them, but they are not truly deleted, only the icon for them is deleted.
    12-20-15 02:26 PM
107 ... 2345