Now if you're a person who likes to have a millions apps to play with, no doubt, go to Android, by the way, that OS is indeed:
    fragmented, chaotic, unsecured, unreliable communication quality...etc , so you pick your pros/cons.
    Even BlackBerry itself doesn't believe this.
    11-30-15 09:25 AM
    Don't use it. There are options.

Just saying that the flashlight permission thing is a bit overdone. Not excusing that particular app, but for the most part, I suspect some folks don't understand why specific permissions are needed.
    here are the other options there are a bunch out of the ones i was looking thru they all need to take pics and videos if not they need to access your personal stuff or read and write things here and there but there are just too many to go thru i have not seen one that just requires access to the phones l.e.d light only.

https://play.google.com/store/search...:S:ANO1ljLXbjg
    11-30-15 10:11 AM
    For me it's been perfect up until now, however since the last update Z30STA100-6/10.3.2.2639 my messaging experience has suffered greatly, the keyboard is inaccurate, it skips words that I type and often corrects my words in the most ridiculous ways. Done a security wipe but still does it, so for me my Z30 is slowly becoming absolutely obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 10:50 AM
    For me it's been perfect up until now, however since the last update Z30STA100-6/10.3.2.2639 my messaging experience has suffered greatly, the keyboard is inaccurate, it skips words that I type and often corrects my words in the most ridiculous ways. Done a security wipe but still does it, so for me my Z30 is slowly becoming absolutely obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    This is not my experience. Each OS has been better than the last. Maybe try again with a clean autoloader install of 10.3.2.2789.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-30-15 11:04 AM
    This was never my experience.

The OS has always been fluid and my android apps have all run sufficiently well.
    Same for me. Each new OS has been an overall improvement and BB10 is awesome.
    11-30-15 11:26 AM
    @op BlackBerry 10 isn't only good in messaging, I'd say it's the best with the HUB and it's accessibility. Only thing I'd like to add is this picture of my office. A complete out of the box experience.
    Blackberry 10 only good for messaging-img_20151130_182810.png
    11-30-15 11:31 AM
    @op BlackBerry 10 isn't only good in messaging, I'd say it's the best with the HUB and it's accessibility. Only thing I'd like to add is this picture of my office. A complete out of the box experience.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151130_182810.png 
Views:	662 
Size:	252.4 KB 
ID:	382637
    That looks wickedly awesome. May I request the wallpaper for my OG? Or where can I download it?
    11-30-15 11:38 AM
    Even if the OP is a dteked troll, lol,.. some interesting input has come into this thread and a question raised in m mind that I did have already once:

Would it be possible to remove the droid stuff totally from a Classic or Q10?

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    11-30-15 12:34 PM
    I have to restart my Android tablet every other day as it freezes while watching Netflix. I don't go whining on Android forums about it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 02:03 PM
    Been using Kobo on the Z30 since 2013 no problems
    11-30-15 02:56 PM
    I agree with the OP, in part, and I use both Blackberry 10 and Android. For my part, I'd say Blackberry 10 is only good for "productivity." It is easier to use, has less steps, less failings, less morass than an Android phone in productivity matters. I think the browser is great, but I can see how others would not, since Android browsers can have all sorts of plugins and extras and this and that... there are only a few alternatives to the Blackberry Browser, and dozens to the Android, so I guess I just appreciate the simplicity and speed of the BB one. In many disciplines (military, some professions, etc.), "it just works" is the prize; BB10 just works for me. And if someone wants to search all of my posts I think I said it was a mistake for BB to port Android apps to BB10 phones... and if I didn't say it, I should have. It is an imperfect implementation (which is why I have an Android phone, too, paying for the extra line just so I can use one critical piece of software... and to play, of course) and further ******** BB10 app progress--a giant sucking whirlpool of market share. This all started when BB produced those aborted slab phones that clicked when you pressed the screen. .. trying to gather the "consumer" market. Prosumers already had BB's and Pro's and wannabe's did, too... iPhone came out of nowehere and BB just had to do something similar. Then they tried the same in the tablet market... what a debacle. I still resent the Playbook screwing I took. The downhill slide continues through today.... trying to be all things to all people is a mistake. Do nothing other than seethe jealousy that Apple found the "fun" "consumer" market, but stay true to your roots. BB has gone from the fast lane, to the slow lane, to the shoulder, to a raised hood, to sliding off in a ditch. The number of people who appreciate BB10 and find it a good fit is indeed concentrated on this website--and I'm one of them--but in the larger world we are unicorns.

Conversely, using an Android "fun" phone for real productivity is just as vexing as trying to play with a BB.

I pity the people who buy Priv's, based on the reviews I have read.
    pstrusi likes this.
    11-30-15 03:48 PM
    I have an Z30, and I haven't encountered any issues. BlackBerry is evolving, and, slowly becoming stable, and, gaining the trust of the consumer now. I have thought if they would have a slide phone, like the 9800 series, with a camera on both sides, with more apps, that would be good, and now they have. Something is up Chen's sleeve per se, and I really am excited on the course of BB. I am also going to get the Priv, and I am waiting to see how both OS are going to exist/merge/whatever. :-) #BBLifer
    11-30-15 04:05 PM
    I would assume that the clunky part of the OS is when you are running Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 05:05 PM
    I don't remember what I typed where the **s are in my message, but it wasn't a cussword. Just for the record.

Posted via CB 10 on my Passport
    11-30-15 05:22 PM
    That looks wickedly awesome. May I request the wallpaper for my OG? Or where can I download it?
    The blue color looks better on the Z30 because of the resolution and the black because it's pitch black. But it'll do fine on a 1:1 screen.
    Blackberry 10 only good for messaging-wallpaper-lg-g4-1440-x-2560-qhd-9.jpg
    XxWile_E_CoyotexX likes this.
    12-01-15 04:00 AM
    Even if the OP is a dteked troll, lol,.. some interesting input has come into this thread and a question raised in m mind that I did have already once:

Would it be possible to remove the droid stuff totally from a Classic or Q10?

Posted via CB10
    I would love the ability to remove the Runtime officially from the SE and keep it on the Z30 for two or three apps.
    12-01-15 04:01 AM
    Isnt that the purpose of the phone to text, email..and yes, actually make calls....
    CDot40 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    12-01-15 07:03 AM
    I agree. Apart from location to find out where app users originate, i cant fathom why flashlight apps need access to contacts, calendar etc.
    The purpose of the BlackBerry OS is to facilitate communication and productivity.

The purpose of Android is to hoover up the personal data of its users for Google databases. This is why the Android OS is (conditionally) free to OEMs, why Android app permissions are intrusive, and why Android app users can't set their own permissions (like iOS users and native BlackBerry App users).

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    pstrusi, danifulger and CharlieV like this.
    12-01-15 07:58 AM
    I'm using a Z30 and I can confirm some lag happening often. Sometimes apps take a lot of time to start or they get stuck in the black/purple screen and need to be restarted.

I was using an android Facebook version fine until yesterday but it stopped opening. Today I had to download the Bb10 version because at least it works.

I still love the phone but like most lovers..it has some annoying flaws.

But it not good only for messaging. The gesture stuff is awesone, the OS flow design itself is the best I ever saw. And I had iOS and android to compare to.

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    12-01-15 09:13 AM
    Feed me!!!!!!! Troll hungry. Feed me now.....
    My passport se has not been rebooted for months. My wife's needs a reboot on occasion due to WiFi calling, not apps or AR.
    12-01-15 09:21 AM
    What more does one need with communication device, you want a power/play horse. Buy an Uber powered phone. It's annoying how many see very little capabilities with this evolved BlackBerry 10 phones. Yes it is laggy, but since when has BlackBerry not been laggy?. We choose our platforms, why the try and change minds, instead highlight differences and experience

No Shade Just Light!!! Z30 10.3.2.2639
    12-01-15 09:52 AM
    The blue color looks better on the Z30 because of the resolution and the black because it's pitch black. But it'll do fine on a 1:1 screen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wallpaper-lg-g4-1440-x-2560-qhd-9.jpg 
Views:	1157 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	382682
    Thanks, bro. I'll crop and use it on m OG, no problem.
    12-01-15 10:59 AM
    Thanks, bro. I'll crop and use it on m OG, no problem.
    I only use the upper half on the SE.
    12-01-15 11:36 AM
    I found that on Blackberry while I dislike the Amazon App Store because the apps are laggy, some work pretty great. Mp3 Cutter, Mp3 Mixer, KIK Messenger, these work good. I know Blackberry is not considered a media phone but it works perfectly with all media. Video editing is the best. Its built in! Music Player is pretty rockin with the volume keys acting as control keys, music sounds very delicious with the music EQ, and if you are a gym rat, you will really appreciate not having to use the touchscreen for changing songs. It can handle all movies thrown at it, and streaming video is a breeze.. while it does not have NetFlix or Hulu, the UFC app, YouTube, Dailymotion, and Crackle stream flawlessly and in HD. I simply connect it on my TV via HDMI (or the MiraCast).. Also, games, they work very fluid, while not the best games sometimes, they flow nicely and you can play them on your TV via HDMI. Also, in Fall of 2014 BB decided not to have their media store anymore. I still have movies episodes and music I bought from them. How To Train Your Dragon, Mad Men, and many others in HD play perfectly on BB Z10 and on TV.. lol.. Blackberry is very capable. It sucks not many apps are made for BB, but the Built For Blackberry apps really give it a jump start!! It is an excellent messaging phone but it also comes built in features that really make it great that for whatever reason are never mentioned. Yes Amazon does help a bit but true, most apps are a bit buggy and laggy.

Blackberry is not just a messaging phone. It can handle everything and anything.
    Last edited by BlackberryKnight32; 12-01-15 at 01:43 PM.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-01-15 01:32 PM
    My Z10 was speedy and fluid since day 1, after almost 3 years of use. My only complaint towards the end was the battery life (perhaps solved with a new battery). After trying a Nexus 5X and iPhone 6S (my new current phone) I still miss my Z10 for the keyboard, Hub (native messaging as OP described it), and nice touches like the customizable quick settings panel, customizable alerts, and home screen notifications. The only time I experienced lag was running some heavier Android apps. Wish they put out a successor (same size, easily usable with one hand).

Still, my Z10 is a phone I will never sell because I know I can rely on it if needed. For now it's just sleeping.
    12-01-15 07:22 PM
107 12345