03-20-13 04:53 AM
    03-20-13 05:03 AM
    From the original Guardian article (citing BlackBerry official statement):

"BlackBerry said in a statement: "We have a long-established relationship with CESG and we remain the only mobile solution approved for use at 'Restricted' when configured in accordance with CESG guidelines. This level of approval only comes following a process which is rigorous and absolutely necessary given the highly confidential nature of the communications being transmitted.

"The current restructuring of this approval process, due to the Government Protective Marking Scheme review and the new CESG Commercial Product Assurance scheme has an impact on the timeline for BlackBerry 10 to receive a similar level of approval. The US government's FIPS 140-2 certification of BlackBerry 10 and the selection of BlackBerry 10 by the German Procurement Office and Federal Office for Information Security underline how our new platform continues to set the standard for government communications."

So, the fact is CESG guidelines were recently changed and BlackBerry had not the time to update the BB10 OS accordingly. That doesn't mean there is inherently something wrong with the OS. I guess US and Germany are not less competent than UK in security matters.
    dbarz likes this.
    03-20-13 05:20 AM
    ya read this earlier today... i don't think it is to much of a big deal as they said they are working with the cesg and that an updated to the os would be coming....the fact that it has been approved by the u.s. and germany shows that its a matter of crossing t..and doting i.. not a big deal...
    03-20-13 05:25 AM
    I was a bit shocked when I read the headlines from Phone arena but after reading the whole thing here, I feel relief.
    03-20-13 06:11 AM
    Engadget with a misleading title that slams BlackBerry? Say it isn't so.

:|

Posted via CB10
    dbarz likes this.
    03-20-13 07:47 AM
    LOL so whats secure for the UK govt?? the iphone with so many security holes that it resembles swiss cheese??. Or how about Android, again another hole ridden OS which doesnt offer alot in the way of 'proper' security.

Their loss as the German govt has approved the BB10 as secure enough for their employees. Also the US govt as well, makes the UK govt seem like a bunch of gormless fools.
    03-20-13 08:04 AM
    LOL so whats secure for the UK govt?? the iphone with so many security holes that it resembles swiss cheese??. Or how about Android, again another hole ridden OS which doesnt offer alot in the way of 'proper' security.

Their loss as the German govt has approved the BB10 as secure enough for their employees. Also the US govt as well, makes the UK govt seem like a bunch of gormless fools.
    No, older BlackBerry device are, nothing else is approved.
    03-20-13 08:18 AM
    Probably will be once BES10 update is released in May. Currently BES 10 lacks many of the more advanced IT policy capabilities for BB10 that BES5 had for BBOS devices. The May update is supposed to bring these features to BES10/BB10.
    03-20-13 08:41 AM

Lets use the existing thread
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    03-20-13 09:03 AM