Get yourself the PALM sidekick? How would it work? Can it? It seems like a genius idea for those that was BlackBerry 10 BUT need certain apps (cashapp) can we get someone to test this as a sidekick to BlackBerry 10? PALM and BlackBerry together ❤
    10-28-19 11:52 PM
    Get yourself the PALM sidekick? How would it work? Can it? It seems like a genius idea for those that was BlackBerry 10 BUT need certain apps (cashapp) can we get someone to test this as a sidekick to BlackBerry 10? PALM and BlackBerry together
    I don't understand what the point would be. A tiny Android device with an 800mAh battery that doesn't ring or get notifications when the screen is off.

According to Digital Trends, it's "the most useless product of 2018".
    ppeters914 and bbfanfan like this.
    10-29-19 12:03 AM
    I don't understand what the point would be. A tiny Android device with an 800mAh battery that doesn't ring or get notifications when the screen is off.

According to Digital Trends, it's "the most useless product of 2018".
    You are right, as long as you are planning to use it as primary device! However, here TS is talking about an option to carry this little device as secondary phone alongb with BB10 as primary phone just to support payment apps. I completely agree with TS.

I'm currently using Classic as primary phone and another heavy android for banking and payments apps. If I can use tiny device like this, then it will be a good idea for sure!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-19 02:04 AM
    A good idea... would be to find one device that would do it all.
    ppeters914, rthonpm and john_v like this.
    10-29-19 08:37 AM
    I'm currently using Classic as primary phone and another heavy android for banking and payments apps. If I can use tiny device like this, then it will be a good idea for sure!
    I see no reason to dual carry in 2019
    10-29-19 09:33 AM
    I see no reason to dual carry in 2019
    You might not be having a need for dual carry. But there are plenty of users who still use their BB10 device as either primary or secondary phones. That's why there are still many active BB10 threads.

As we can't miss BB10 anyway, we need a secondary device to support payment apps. Hence, there is still a need for dual carry in 2019 at least for a few.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-19 11:00 AM
    You might not be having a need for dual carry. But there are plenty of users who still use their BB10 device as either primary or secondary phones. That's why there are still many active BB10 threads.

As we can't miss BB10 anyway, we need a secondary device to support payment apps. Hence, there is still a need for dual carry in 2019 at least for a few.

Posted via CB10
    That's not a need - it's a preference.

There are people that prefer to carry around a laptop, a DSLR, a paper notebook, a timepiece, and a pager.
    10-29-19 11:03 AM
    That's not a need - it's a preference.

There are people that prefer to carry around a laptop, a DSLR, a paper notebook, a timepiece, and a pager.
    Preference at higher dosage can be a need! For me BB10 is still a need because Key2 typing doesn't give me same experience as Classic or bold does.

All the phones under high specs and flagships should also be a preference as basic 1GB android phone can do all what I want in my daily life.

Let it be preference or need, I want to always have BB10 either in my pocket or in my hand.

Posted via CB10
    Jonathank likes this.
    10-29-19 11:23 AM
    I like the BlackBerry 10 OS better and I LOVE my Z10 unfortunately I need those android apps for a few minimal times during the day. I don't see why it's such a bad idea. I like the BlackBerry 10 os Better THATS WHY we duel carry. Not the apps the OS but we do need them. Is it that hard to get
    10-29-19 05:11 PM
    The experience of using those apps on a tiny little touchscreen would probably make you regret your purchase pretty quickly.
    john_v likes this.
    10-29-19 09:08 PM
    I find it quite interesting that people supporting one commercial failure would then go and justify supporting another commercial failure. So many ironies here...

Let’s stay with BB10 instead of moving to Android device, then when accepting the need for Android, pick the absolute worst device for tethering. Reminds me of the first tethering playbook as the answer to an iPad or Android tablet way back when.
    10-29-19 10:20 PM
    I find it quite interesting that people supporting one commercial failure would then go and justify supporting another commercial failure. So many ironies here...

Let’s stay with BB10 instead of moving to Android device, then when accepting the need for Android, pick the absolute worst device for tethering. Reminds me of the first tethering playbook as the answer to an iPad or Android tablet way back when.
    Sometimes a commercial failure, just needs a new commercial.
    The coal-powered external combustion engine automobile....meh not a huge commercial success...but they tried again and boom the internal combustion engine automobile....unless you're counting a Tesla as coal fired...but that's a debate for another time. lol.
    10-29-19 10:38 PM
    The coal-powered external combustion engine automobile....meh not a huge commercial success...but they tried again and boom the internal combustion engine automobile....unless you're counting a Tesla as coal fired...but that's a debate for another time. lol.
    I'm having visions of the size of injectors to get the lumps of coal through, lol

Posted via CB10 using my OG Passport running 10.3.3.3216
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-31-19 06:11 AM

https://arstechnica.com/science/2015...-new-products/
    10-31-19 07:04 AM
    I'm having visions of the size of injectors to get the lumps of coal through, lol

THAT'S FUNNY!

You'd probably need to strengthen the top of the piston as well ...
    10-31-19 01:43 PM
    I'm from Canada, living in Manitoba, where we have really abundant (and cheap) hydro electricity.
    I remember reading 3 or 4 years ago about how a county in Florida (USA) had determined that they would no longer allow purchase of fuel for the county from "dirty" oilsands (Alberta).

My cynical side was wondering if they still had coal fired electrical power plants in place and, if so, were they going to give up electricity as well?
    10-31-19 01:46 PM

Well that wouldn't have worked for the internal combustion engine....at least so far....but your idea did work for the bullet propulsion system. aka gunpowder. Except you got the size of the what in the wrong order....its was the size of the coal (powdered) that did the trick. I'm guessing if someone could pulverized coal dust to a few atoms economically (that would be a breakthrough!), it too could become a new fuel for the internal combustion engine. Liquid coal!
    10-31-19 02:59 PM
    THAT'S FUNNY!

You'd probably need to strengthen the top of the piston as well ...
    Indeed!

It might be easy to bend a rod every now and then when an extra large lump gets through!

10-31-19 06:53 PM
    Well that wouldn't have worked for the internal combustion engine....at least so far....but your idea did work for the bullet propulsion system. aka gunpowder. Except you got the size of the what in the wrong order....its was the size of the coal (powdered) that did the trick. I'm guessing if someone could pulverized coal dust to a few atoms economically (that would be a breakthrough!), it too could become a new fuel for the internal combustion engine. Liquid coal!
    It is possible to finely divide a powder enough to make it flow like a liquid, this might be the new wonder fuel!

Now for my next trick I shall resurrect BB10!

10-31-19 06:58 PM
    It is possible to finely divide a powder enough to make it flow like a liquid, this might be the new wonder fuel!

Now for my next trick I shall resurrect BB10!

I work for a mining company that used to smelt copper in a large furnace. For decades it was fuelled by finely ground coal.
    I don't know much about size of particles - I would assume not nearly liquid, but that kind of technology was used in the past.
    11-01-19 01:17 PM
    Agh not a bad idea, having a BlackBerry 10 device for the work stuff and say and iPhone SE to do the app stuff and media, really not bad idea at all

Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    11-01-19 03:17 PM
    In my case, my work phone is Android (keyone) and my personal phone is this Q10. Evenings and weekends, I put the Keyone away, and the Q10, despite the lack of apps, works well for me. The BB10 operating system competence overrides the app overload of Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-19 06:49 PM