My employer is now handing out iPhone 5Ss, and I was just issued one. On iOS 8, apple finally allows 3rd party keyboards like Swiftkey, and I'm missing the BB10 keyboard on my old Z30. If John Chen really wants to monetize certain BlackBerry assets, the keyboard would be a great place to start. I certainly would pay $5 for it in the App Store.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 05:59 PM
    My employer is now handing out iPhone 5Ss, and I was just issued one. On iOS 8, apple finally allows 3rd party keyboards like Swiftkey, and I'm missing the BB10 keyboard on my old Z30. If John Chen really wants to monetize certain BlackBerry assets, the keyboard would be a great place to start. I certainly would pay $5 for it in the App Store.

Posted via CB10
    The Iphone with a Z30 keyboard would be sick, totally agree
    02-14-15 06:05 PM
    As I understood it, BlackBerry's touch screen keyboard is already licensed by BlackBerry from someone else.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that's what was always said when the Z10 first came out.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2267 CB10 [Hopefully NOT Edited by admin to be fair lol. ]
    02-14-15 07:27 PM
    swiftkey made BlackBerry's keyboard simple as that but cant release it to other platforms as BB wants it for themselves only, other thing is not many people will pay for a keyboard app as they are all now going freemium.
    jope28 likes this.
    02-14-15 07:45 PM
    I use swiftkey on my ipad and one+ and find it very good. Maybe give it a try. Would like to see the BlackBerry keyboard on other devices as well though.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 08:06 PM
    As I understood it, BlackBerry's touch screen keyboard is already licensed by BlackBerry from someone else.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that's what was always said when the Z10 first came out.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2267 CB10 [Hopefully NOT Edited by admin to be fair lol. ]
    The underlying engine of the keyboard is Swiftkey, yes.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    02-14-15 08:32 PM
    I'd rather they didn't release it. That'd be giving away yet another reason to use a BlackBerry over any other device.
    02-14-15 09:16 PM
    Bb10 keyboard is one of the main reasons I stick with this OS. If they moved it to other platforms I'm sure some people would leave. I have a few friends who left BlackBerry when bbm went cross platform. Some now only complaining about their virtual keyboards. Even with iOS now allowing third party keyboards they, to me, pale in comparison to bb10.
    My gut tells me one of the big two are working on a unified inbox and will claim it to be an original idea. Truth be told, iOS or Android with the bb10 keyboard and their own version of the hub would most likely be the final nail in the coffin for BlackBerry.
    we'll most likely see a polished unified inbox app in the next little while for iOS or Android. BlackBerry can't stop that from happening. One of their last saving graces is the keyboard. I'm sure they'll find tooth and nail to make sure it remain exclusive to BlackBerry phones.
    02-14-15 10:22 PM
    Underlying technology of BB10 keyboard is Swiftkey. That said, I have used SwiftKey on Android, and it doesn't feels the same. The BB10 customizations, key placements etc are just ideal.

When I had to use an Android for 15 days in absence of my Z30, the 2 things I missed most and longed for were the Hub and the BB10 keyboard. And then the flow.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:50 AM
    Here Crimson Keyboard: A Clever New Way of Typing on iOS

Tell your company to get ready and read misspelling and errors.
    02-15-15 01:26 AM