To clarify the title: These features were already implemented in BlackBerry OS 10 PRIOR to Apple announcing them in iOS8 on 2014-06-02.

This is what I have so far:

1. Instant reply from notification pop-up
    2. Voice note from chat (press to talk) = voice notes in BBM
    3. Text predictions (personalized) - BlackBerry hallmark now available in iOS
    4. Continuity typing email between phone / PC (do that all the time with Gmail or Exchange)
    5. VIP Threads == Priority Hub
    6. testflight = BlackBerry Beta Zone
    7. Extensibility - Invocation Framework / Cards -- this is huge --- amazing BB platform feature GREATLY under appreciated and underutilized very precisely copied in IOS8 - wow.
    8. App Store category browsing and trending lists - this has been in BB World forever.
    9. Swift --- not much details yet but from that one slide shown on screen looks like Cascades/QML ???
    10. Playgrounds - this looks like direct copy of BlackBerry Momentics IDE QML live preview (?) to be confirmed
    11. Proximity - this is concept introduced with BlackBerry Bridge (call ID notification popping up on paired playBook screen, internet sharing / hotspot) but was never implemented in its full potential. Apple took it and made it right!

OK so the keynote is done. I will keep an eye on the comments if I have missed anything feel free to point out and I will update the list.

Cheers!

Andy
    Last edited by Produktyf; 06-02-14 at 01:59 PM.
    06-02-14 01:06 PM
    Of course they'll show up, Apple invented all of those.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 01:09 PM
    30 Pooooooooower!
    Last edited by GiantSchnauzer; 06-02-14 at 02:03 PM.
    06-02-14 01:28 PM
    Suckers!! BlackBerry fan community should start a war on all social media. There has to be videos on YouTube comparing the two platforms and showing who was there first.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 01:33 PM
    Now you know why BlackBerry hates leaks so much.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 01:34 PM
    Considering BlackBerry's abysmal marketing campaign I'd be surprised if the average consumer has heard of any of these up until today. For that will be the reason these will be Apple's innovations, not BlackBerry's.
    moody, campbecw and Elite1 like this.
    06-02-14 01:34 PM
    Subscribed to this thread.
    06-02-14 01:35 PM
    Since the BlackBerry market share is easily below 5% and the ios market share is huuuge, it's quite easy to steal for Apple ! Everyone is going to think apple invented all of these awesome features and is going to earn the credits for it!

And I can promise you the crowd will celebrate this features!

Nevertheless this is confirming me once again, that BlackBerry is by far the best operating system out there!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    Elite1 and Signhere like this.
    06-02-14 01:51 PM
    This reminds me of when Apple invented Copy & Paste a couple years ago.

And iPhone users be all like #mindblown .
    06-02-14 01:59 PM
    BB nor Apple has a lock on 'inspiration' . It's only natural to build on what came before.
    Instant reply from notification pop-up. - Moto
    Text predictions (personalized) Android keyboards
    testflight = BlackBerry Beta Zone = Playstore beta program.

I expect the next Android OS to build on BB 10.3 and IOS 8 and BB10.4 to build on that. Thats the way it goes.
    06-02-14 02:00 PM
    BB nor Apple has a lock on 'inspiration' . It's only natural to build on what came before.
    Instant reply from notification pop-up. - Moto
    Text predictions (personalized) Android keyboards
    testflight = BlackBerry Beta Zone = Playstore beta program.

I expect the next Android OS to build on BB 10.3 and IOS 8 and BB10.4 to build on that. Thats the way it goes.
    Yes you are absolutely correct. My intention with this post was to point out that now BB lost some of the differentiation which was relatively unique. Next major OS update needs to bring some fresh ideas and improvements to get it back on the top.
    06-02-14 02:03 PM
    Suckers!! BlackBerry fan community should start a war on all social media. There has to be videos on YouTube comparing the two platforms and showing who was there first.

Posted via CB10
    Started it via instagram
    jimmyw013#AC and menshawy like this.
    06-02-14 02:11 PM
    So that's what they want to do.. stealing ideas from BB10 -_-

CB10 - Q5 -10.3.0.296/441 (radio)
    06-02-14 02:12 PM
    Nothing new for Apple.

Posted via tin can telephone
    06-02-14 02:14 PM
    The only feature Apple still not stolen is Hub. I am wondering if iOS9 top feature will be Apple Hub...

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 02:18 PM
    I've said this a few times over the last couple years, so I'll just say it again.

The variety of mobile OSs out there are converging, as are smartphone designs (generally speaking). The rate of innovation is slowing or at a slight incline (not a plateau). We sooner or later are going to reach a point were something drastic will be created/released to kickstart innovation in possibly a new or at least altered direction. Think of the release of the iPhone as the last major time this happened.
    06-02-14 02:19 PM
    When all this comes out the ignorant will say look what Apple have innovated and get all the credit started with 3G with Nokia having it for years then apple came along and acted like they create it.
    Same again

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    06-02-14 02:19 PM
    The only feature Apple still not stolen is Hub. I am wondering if iOS9 top feature will be Apple Hub...

Posted via CB10
    They'll call it "Apple Core" lol
    moody, Ecm, sirk25 and 1 others like this.
    06-02-14 02:21 PM
    Black berry's marketing campaign should be "why wait for ios8 when you can get it now "

Posted via CB10
    Ecm, mkiiw, eddy_berry and 6 others like this.
    06-02-14 02:54 PM
    Black berry's marketing campaign should be "why wait for ios8 when you can get it now "

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Best comeback to all this BS. Now if only BlackBerry had proper marketing.
    06-02-14 03:00 PM
    1) Android
    2) Whatsapp
    3 4 and 5) Android and WP
    6 and 7) Android Intents, WP share,contracts. WP Developer preview.
    8)iOS already had this. It's just being developed. Also, Windows Phone and Android have this.
    11) There were already apps for this. Stop being so blinded guys
    Witmen and Berry_Pink like this.
    06-02-14 03:06 PM
    Might even be a good thing for BlackBerry... If iPhone users get used to functions like this, the switch to BB10 might be easier. Even more if BlackBerry manages to fine-tune these functions and somehow market that they are ahead of the game for once.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-02-14 03:09 PM
    How lame apple are.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-02-14 03:20 PM
    Might even be a good thing for BlackBerry... If iPhone users get used to functions like this, the switch to BB10 might be easier. Even more if BlackBerry manages to fine-tune these functions and somehow market that they are ahead of the game for once.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    It doesn't, and they won't...market them that is. I would elaborate, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
    06-02-14 03:52 PM
    I'll just wait for a JC rant video

Posted via CB10
    moegh likes this.
    06-02-14 05:55 PM
46 12