01-21-15 06:31 AM
113 ... 345
tools
    Top 10 worst feature ever. Period!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 03:04 PM
    I know I wouldn't have to use it. But to have it available someone has to write the code, if doesn't write itself. Nor does BlackBerry have developers sitting around with nothing to do. It is a matter of priorities. Sure there is a market, but is it the most productive market to put resources against? I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    Many skilled developers are willing to code this and would given the chance, but we're not able. We just need them to integrate parts of the api to allow us access to displaying HUB content..

Top 10 worst feature ever. Period!

Posted via CB10
    Care to explain yourself at all?

Or just adding to the other ignorant posts that are spanning this thread?

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Kanishk Amin likes this.
    11-29-14 03:17 PM
    I know I wouldn't have to use it. But to have it available someone has to write the code, if doesn't write itself. Nor does BlackBerry have developers sitting around with nothing to do. It is a matter of priorities. Sure there is a market, but is it the most productive market to put resources against? I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so HUB lock feature needs a lot of thinking behind developing a program for it. Nor does it sound something very new and something that cannot be thought of. And also I can wait for this feature. What if I don't get this feature in a BlackBerry, ever? Will I be disappointed? Not at all, as I mentioned earlier, it's a small feature but helpful one. Of course I and many others like me, want it.

Blackberry 10 device.
    11-29-14 11:24 PM
    I would also like a hub lock feature. I frequently let friends look at my z30 and it would be nice to lock the hub. Having a password option would also be neat. It's not a stupid idea like some think it is.
    D3C0D3R and Kanishk Amin like this.
    12-03-14 10:11 PM
    BlackBerry 10 HUB Lock-facebook-20141204-201719.png

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 and Kris Simundson like this.
    12-04-14 07:22 PM
    Humorous! But the fact is that's never how it is.

Blackberry 10 device.
    12-05-14 10:00 AM
    Humorous! But the fact is that's never how it is.

Blackberry 10 device.
    Unfortunately, yupp..

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-05-14 12:14 PM
    Some people can be really harsh here, one simple question / suggestion and the dude is being grilled, last time I checked this was a forum to discuss things, not attack opinions.

Via a SEXY QTEN
    12-05-14 02:28 PM
    Some people can be really harsh here, one simple question / suggestion and the dude is being grilled, last time I checked this was a forum to discuss things, not attack opinions.

Via a SEXY QTEN
    If you read the whole thread carefully you will see the harshness goes both ways. For example the suggestion that those who disagree with the OP don't understand what he's asking for. Like the the only reason one might disagree is through ignorance of the need.

Then there is the suggestion that WP8 has the Kids' Zone, so BlackBerry should have it too, but with no acknowledgement of how much work that would be to develop, debug and support alongside Balance, Blend and other features already included in BB10.

I don't mind having a reasonable discussion about new features. I occasionally take feature requests from here and submit them for the developer portal requesting the feature, or the API access so third party developers can implement the feature. But when asking for a feature the requester should make an honest effort to understand how broad or narrow the use case actually is, and how complex it may be to develop. I face these decisions daily. With software development the amount of work is often inversely proportional to the complexity of user interaction, especially if security is a concern. HeartBleed and ShellShock are both examples of this principle in action

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:09 PM
    I am not asking for it urgently or even anytime soon. Even if it takes a year(maximum time possible to develop something like that) will be okay with me cause I am never giving up on BlackBerry and of course BlackBerry 10 OS, so I can wait.

Blackberry 10 device.
    vaioman likes this.
    12-06-14 06:09 AM
    Simplex solution is, don't give your phone to anyone. Don't tell them how wake it up. Don't tell them your password. If someone needs to make a call and their phone is dead, give them a quarter and tell them they can use a pay phone. I don't get this mentality where people feel the need to give their phone out to anyone who asks, or leave it laying around unsecured, or without password locking. The only people who have ever used my phone besides me, are my wife, like twice, and my daughter once.

Posted via CB10
    Ecm and naveedk like this.
    01-20-15 03:57 PM
    The only people who have ever used my phone besides me, are my wife, like twice, and my daughter once.

Posted via CB10
    Nuff said!!

Posted via CB10 on an AWESOME Passport
    01-20-15 05:23 PM
    This is so ridiculous... it's not even about the feature request anymore. It's about people not understanding that what works for them doesn't necessarily work for others.

Just because person X uses their phone in a certain way, it doesn't mean person Y will/can/wants to do the same.

On top of that, it's a feature that does not have to be used. If it was implemented and you don't like it, then you don't use it. The levels of negativity for a feature that would actually be useful to quite a few people is pretty pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 and naveedk like this.
    01-21-15 06:31 AM
113 ... 345