hey guys,

from cp24.com:

RIM will aim to first put the product in the hands of BlackBerry fans in an attempt to create a "grassroot buzz" marketing campaign, Boulben said.

Read more: RIM chairwoman says board is confident executive team will move company forward | CP24

BB10 for Crackberry Nation!
    07-10-12 12:32 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry fan, I want one. haha.
    07-10-12 12:37 PM
    What exactly does that mean? Fans will buy them anyway first? Fans will get discounts? They will give them away to fans?
    07-10-12 12:40 PM
    I'd take an early one
    boldrob likes this.
    07-10-12 12:45 PM
    I suspect promotions to get as many devices out there.
    07-10-12 02:04 PM
    This is a tantalizing prospect, but it needs to be done very carefully.

Done wrong, it can just give more ammunition to critics.
    07-10-12 02:34 PM
    I didn't read the article but I am wondering what "grassroots buzz" could mean? Giving them to the fans to create a buzz, does that mean the Dev Alpha devices they will set-up shops in August and allow people to have hands-on time with the BB10 OS and play with it?

Interesting idea, and I want my hands on a device NOW!!! so anything for the fans, I support it as BB10 looks amazing...on N4BB they showed off the new Share UI features, looks astonishing!
    07-10-12 02:47 PM
    IMO it means the primary target is to get the current BB users to upgrade to BB10 and NOT leave the platform. Current BB users would explain better just how big a shift in platform capabilities it is. If a quarter of the ~80 million strong BB users upgrade to BB10 in the first two quarters that is 10 million sales approx per quarter. That is a successful launch by any measure. If BB10 is as good as they say it is sentiment should spread much easily from this core group.
    Then they would go for the naysayers and if they win back 5% of the smart phone market, the sales would be nothing to sniff at. 5% of quarterly smartphone shipments means about 5 million new users to the platform. By then they should have weeded out kinks from the platform, attracted a few more developers and added more functionality.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-15-12 08:28 AM
    I'd love to see a discount of some sort to current OS7 device owners, or possibly even the ability to purchase an use the device a few weeks before the official release to the public. We are the fans! We will be the ones who say how awesome BB10 to other people. They know who uses the phones because of BBID.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-12 04:08 PM
    i would keep my 9900 and want to trade in my old 8900, maybe get my GF to upgrade to a BB10 since i think she will be due for a hardware upgrade by then, either way i would want to keep my BB7 device, it is still a great piece of hardware and would make a good back up incase my BB10 device gets run over by a scissor lift
    07-21-12 02:59 AM
    Where do I sign up? L0L

Bring it on.
    07-21-12 09:10 AM
    hey guys,

from cp24.com:

RIM will aim to first put the product in the hands of BlackBerry fans in an attempt to create a "grassroot buzz" marketing campaign, Boulben said.

Read more: RIM chairwoman says board is confident executive team will move company forward | CP24

BB10 for Crackberry Nation!
    I hope what he means is developers who put 100% of their time into BlackBerry eco-system. Those are the biggest fans.
    07-21-12 11:42 AM
    Isn't an alpha version of BlackBerry 10 already in developer hands?
    07-22-12 07:48 PM
    I can haz?
    07-24-12 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD