it may never be announced anymore than it has already. They'll probably not say another word and let it whither and die.
    I doubt that--somewhere along the way there will be a definitive statement made as in the EOL Playbook OS and the device itself. When that day and statement comes, is anybody's guess right now.
    mrabody likes this.
    12-12-15 01:23 PM
    If you go to the official BlackBerry site, if you read all their social media posts, it's all about "the amazing BlackBerry running Android ". BlackBerry 10 is left in a dark corner.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:25 PM
    This will break the hearts of many. It's hard to see an amazing OS go, but that's reality.
    Yes it will but there's just as many schadenfreude types here that will revel in it

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:30 PM
    Chen also said that he wouldn't release an Android phone until it was secure enough for enterprise. He seems to think that the Priv is that secure so BB10 isn't needed anymore. They have laid off most of the BB10 developers and you don't do that if you see future work.
    Gutted!!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:32 PM
    If you go to the official BlackBerry site, if you read all their social media posts, it's all about "the amazing BlackBerry running Android ". BlackBerry 10 is left in a dark corner.

Posted via CB10
    An right up until BlackBerry Priv was released, BlackBerry was releasing commercials for Passport and Classic on their Youtube account.

I know this because I am subscribed to their Youtube channel.

And when BlackBerry 10 gets some update, I am sure BlackBerry will make posts on that too.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:35 PM
    Chen also said that he wouldn't release an Android phone until it was secure enough for enterprise. He seems to think that the Priv is that secure so BB10 isn't needed anymore. They have laid off most of the BB10 developers and you don't do that if you see future work.
    Again, he said they wouldn't release an Android phone unless they could make it secure. What makes a phone or any system secure is largely a matter of opinion. I am as surprised as anyone else that BlackBerry considers the Priv to be secure, but many others do, including some enterprises.

As the CEO he can make that decision. I know of enterprises that completely disagree with that premise. It remains to be seen what impact this will have on the life and development of BB10. But in general those organisations that won't consider an iOS, Android or Windows mobile on MDM solution secure enough for their communications will also not allow most social media or other popular applications on their mobile fleet either. So for that market their is no need to develop BB10 any further in the immediate future. If BlackBerry can survive and complete their turn around in the next year or two will be plenty soon enough for the end to end high security market. If they can't, then the whole point is moot.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-12-15 01:37 PM
    Here is a quote from the link you posted:

We will keep developing and enhancing the BlackBerry 10 operating system. In fact, we are confirming plans to release platform updates focused on security and privacy enhancements, with version 10.3.3 scheduled to be available in early 2016.
    It is interesting that those with a negative predisposition to the future of BB10 tend to report this as "security patches" rather than what was said.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    How can anyone read that statement other than security patches?
    12-12-15 02:18 PM
    When I patch code it is to fix problems with existing functionality. When I enhance code it is to provide additional functionality.

From the Oxford English Dictionary definition of enhance:
    Intensify, increase, or further improve the quality, value, or extent of.
    Where a patch is correcting, providing the originally expected quality, value or extent.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    moosbb likes this.
    12-12-15 02:55 PM
    "Is BlackBerry 10 going to be phased out?"

We'll find out in 2016. Buy another Blackberry 10 phone if you can afford it, to keep the fire burning.
    12-12-15 03:22 PM
    How many actual BB10 users are there?
    12-12-15 05:42 PM
    BlackBerry only said they are mainly focusing on Security enhancements but that doesn't mean new features won't be added to it. Who knows, they might have an Ace up their sleeve. Honestly, opinions are like *** holes, everyone has one and that's all what we are posting but BlackBerry hasn't come out and say BB10 is dead. Till that day, BB10 for life, suckaz!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 06:43 PM
    Let's all be negative!
    That way what we want will come to fruition.
    Oh wait...
    miker476 likes this.
    12-13-15 02:01 AM
    Of course, it will be phased out. The ones who don't admit that are naive dreamers.

How many actual BB10 users are there?
    About 14 mio devices were sold through at best since BB10 launched nearly 3 years ago.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-total-984288/
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 12-13-15 at 04:56 AM.
    12-13-15 03:08 AM
    I would like to say I find these debates from the uninformed to be fun to read, but really do no good at all.

First BB OS 10.3 is not going anywhere where fast. The operating system is still the ONLY one, approved by governments around the world for security.

The people who speak on the demise of BB OS 10.3 really need to grow up, if BB is going to survive as a hand set manufacture and supplier it will have to support both Android and OS 10.3, why you may ask? Because 10.3 is used by a very large group of professionals and Android is more for the casual user, let us not forget that one is approved for secure locations and one is not. BB has no expense to speak of to continue to support OS 10.3, as the heavy lifting has been accomplished in the past. In closing the bashing of OS 10.3 is silly and juvenile and serves no purpose whats so ever.

One last thought, BB is not going to walk away from the Corporate and Government markets to push a new OS. Only if the Priv/Android can be approved as secure as OS 10.3, and then approved by Government agencies and not public opinion will we see the dual OS from BB change.
    AustinStm and Nightwing535 like this.
    12-13-15 09:38 AM
    As I wrote many, many times ...
    Let's talk about the end of BB10 the day BlackBerry obtains for his Android implementation the same level of credentials BB10 has. Before that, whatever the (general) market reality, it's nothing but speculation about their ability to lock Android in a secure manner.

IMHO
    The way Android is implemented right now (vanilla-like) is not compatible with the BB10 security level.
    Question is "when" not "if". Just refer to the BBOS 7 current situation; we're now 3 years after BB10 and still a ton of these devices in the wild, perfectly - and securely - operating ... for what they've been missioned .
    12-13-15 10:26 AM
    I would like to say I find these debates from the uninformed to be fun to read, but really do no good at all.

First BB OS 10.3 is not going anywhere where fast. The operating system is still the ONLY one, approved by governments around the world for security.

The people who speak on the demise of BB OS 10.3 really need to grow up, if BB is going to survive as a hand set manufacture and supplier it will have to support both Android and OS 10.3, why you may ask? Because 10.3 is used by a very large group of professionals and Android is more for the casual user, let us not forget that one is approved for secure locations and one is not. BB has no expense to speak of to continue to support OS 10.3, as the heavy lifting has been accomplished in the past. In closing the bashing of OS 10.3 is silly and juvenile and serves no purpose whats so ever.

One last thought, BB is not going to walk away from the Corporate and Government markets to push a new OS. Only if the Priv/Android can be approved as secure as OS 10.3, and then approved by Government agencies and not public opinion will we see the dual OS from BB change.
    Actually we are a large corporate company with lots of BlackBerry products and have been featured in the success stories from BlackBerry. Our sales rep actually called us to push us towards the Priv. I said that we are not interested and I would be interested in BB10 devices. She said that they have the Priv now and they are moving to Android. So they are pushing corporations to a new OS. I am also involved with the BlackBerry Enterprise developers. I have been told that everything is moving to Android and there are lots of new things for Android, but don't expect anything new for BB10. So my position is coming from experience with BlackBerry. I love BB10 and want it to continue, but Chen has a different vision and BlackBerry is doing everything it can to move people away from BB10.
    DrBoomBotz and early2bed like this.
    12-13-15 10:53 AM

Hey. I love BB10 and I think it is the best OS out there. I want BlackBerry to continue to focus on BB10 and make it better. They have said publicly that they are not going to do it. I think it is childish to think that Santa Claus exists when facts speak for themselves. BlackBerry has put BB10 on the same path as BBOS and Playbook. There isn't a future. But if we want to believe in fairy tales. I want a Playbook 2 with BB10 as the OS and I want a successor to the Z30 (the best smartphone ever made).
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-13-15 11:01 AM
    So are we, and until the new OS can meet the US Government specs. its not going anywhere. But people are afraid if the new Priv is not a big hit, BB will be gone. All the huff and puff will not save a company, change minds. Or make it so, I deal with this everyday on the corporate level. All I know is many power users, are not migrating no matter how hard they push. Look no further than what happens with Windows. It takes power users years to make the change. If they wanted to push a change they are going about it the wrong way.
    12-13-15 03:00 PM
    rather the end of BB10 than Blackberry....
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    12-13-15 05:47 PM

First BB OS 10.3 is not going anywhere where fast.
    That's a terribly vague statement.

Do you think there will be any new features added to BB10?

Do you think BB will make any new phone models with BB10?

I think if you look at specific questions like that, most of us agree on the answers. It's when we use vague or misleading terms like "dead" or "not going anywhere", that's when we all seem to disagree. WebOS hasn't "gone anywhere" either for some definition of gone or somewhere.

So what say you to those two questions?
    Last edited by app_Developer; 12-13-15 at 06:30 PM.
    12-13-15 06:15 PM
    This pretty much sums it up.

*A3-A20
    12-13-15 06:32 PM
    I could not disagree with you people anymore. I don't think blackberry os is done. There has been no announcement, in fact the opposite is true I believe.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-13-15 07:00 PM
    I could not disagree with you people anymore. I don't think blackberry os is done. There has been no announcement, in fact the opposite is true I believe.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    What do you mean "you people"?
    12-13-15 07:30 PM
    What do you mean "you people"?
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 07:38 PM
    If you read the title, it clearly states "BlackBerry 10", not the company.
    12-13-15 11:28 PM
154 1234 ...