Hello,

I am currently having issue with my gmail based work account and my new Q10.

In the gmail account, I have filters that automatically move incoming emails into folders. It also has the "archive it" option set, because I don't want to see a list of all my e-mails in my inbox. Unfortunately, with this option set I don't get notifications that an e-mail has arrived on my phone. If I go and check in a folder, I can see new e-mails with yellowed icons next to them.

I am also having an issue with e-mails not being marked as read in the online account or not deleting emails online.

I have tried by best at google-fu, but haven't been successful yet.

Thanks for any help,

Alex
    05-06-13 11:32 AM
    Firstly welcome to the World of CrackBerry.

Secondly, when you setup your email account was it as IMAP or Exchange (Settings \ Add \ Advanced)?
    05-06-13 11:35 AM
    Firstly welcome to the World of CrackBerry.

Secondly, when you setup your email account was it as IMAP or Exchange (Settings \ Add \ Advanced)?
    Thanks for the invite. Long time reader and forum shadow.

I used the gmail option in the advanced account menu, but it automatically filled in imap and smtp fields. I couldn't get the Microsoft Activesync option to work at all.

Alex
    05-06-13 11:40 AM
    Go to the hub, settings, account settings, select ur email account, scroll all the way down, click edit folder settings, then u need to select "Sync all email folders"

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:50 AM
    Alex, is your Gmail based work email an @companyname.com kind?

I have one but it doesn't allow me to sync the contacts or calendar, just the email.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:56 AM
    I've tried that. With that option on or off, I still get the e-mail in that folder of that account, but it doesn't put it in the hub or the main list for that account and doesn't notify me of its arrival.
    05-06-13 11:57 AM
    Prepster84,

It is an @companyname.com kind.

I haven't even tried to sync contacts or calendar.
    05-06-13 11:59 AM
    Hello,

I am currently having issue with my gmail based work account and my new Q10.

In the gmail account, I have filters that automatically move incoming emails into folders. It also has the "archive it" option set, because I don't want to see a list of all my e-mails in my inbox. Unfortunately, with this option set I don't get notifications that an e-mail has arrived on my phone. If I go and check in a folder, I can see new e-mails with yellowed icons next to them.

I am also having an issue with e-mails not being marked as read in the online account or not deleting emails online.

I have tried by best at google-fu, but haven't been successful yet.

Thanks for any help,

Alex
    Alex -- a couple of things...

The Gmail messages that are unread in your Gmail Inbox should appear as a solid yellow envelope icon. Unread messages filed to a folder (or, archived with a Gmail label) should appear as yellow-outlined. Messages archived and marked as read by a filter will go into the folder, but there will be no notification. Folders (labels) must be selected to be synced on device. The labels must also be marked "Show in IMAP" in your Gmail settings. Items deleted on the web Gmail account are typically sent to the Trash folder/label (depending on your Gmail settings). Items deleted from your device are archived -- regardless of your Gmail settings. This is a quirk of BB10 we hope to see addressed.

Also, check your Gmail IMAP settings to ensure "Use push is supported" is on. Check your sync interval is not set to Manual.

Check these, and please report back to see what (if any) behaviour is corrected.
    05-06-13 05:17 PM
    Items deleted from your device are archived -- regardless of your Gmail settings. This is a quirk of BB10 we hope to see addressed.
    Aw, man... For real??

(Your post is helpful, btw. If I'm ever able to get a BB10 device, I'll try to find this thread )
    05-06-13 09:33 PM
    Aw, man... For real??

(Your post is helpful, btw. If I'm ever able to get a BB10 device, I'll try to find this thread )
    Yup, and it also doesn't mark them as read either when you delete them. It only does if you've read it on your phone, left it there unread so that the email has had time to sync back with Gmail, then delete it will it be marked as read. However if you just delete it right away when reading it, it is archived as unread which is super annoying. The legacy OS did not do this.
    05-07-13 10:25 AM
    Alex -- a couple of things...

The Gmail messages that are unread in your Gmail Inbox should appear as a solid yellow envelope icon. Unread messages filed to a folder (or, archived with a Gmail label) should appear as yellow-outlined. Messages archived and marked as read by a filter will go into the folder, but there will be no notification. Folders (labels) must be selected to be synced on device. The labels must also be marked "Show in IMAP" in your Gmail settings. Items deleted on the web Gmail account are typically sent to the Trash folder/label (depending on your Gmail settings). Items deleted from your device are archived -- regardless of your Gmail settings. This is a quirk of BB10 we hope to see addressed.

Also, check your Gmail IMAP settings to ensure "Use push is supported" is on. Check your sync interval is not set to Manual.

Check these, and please report back to see what (if any) behaviour is corrected.
    Hello Elessar.cm,

My observation (and it isn't necessarily correct) is that the gmail messages that are filed to a folder, archived (so they don't appear in the main inbox in the web interface) but left unread appear with a yellow box in their folder on the phone, but I am never notified. I have switched the filters to not archive them, so that when they come in, they sit in the inbox, but I get a notification on the phone. I also get a duplicate email in the thread on the phone now. In all my folders, I have "Show in IMAP" and sync all folders on the phone. I have the push if supported on, and messages seem to come in immediately, but I don't get the notification with the skip the inbox flag on the filter.

I have discovered my issue with deleting and having them marked as read. I am used to BIS, where it is done instantly after it is done on the phone. Apparently with google and bb10, we aren't so lucky. It can take 5+ minutes for the updates to reflect on the web client. In gmail, if you go into settings > IMAP/POP and turn autoexpunge off, then choose "Move the messages to the trash" option, it will properly delete the emails, on the next sync. I haven't tested the unread deleted mail though.

Alex
    05-07-13 11:25 AM
    Hello Elessar.cm,

My observation (and it isn't necessarily correct) is that the gmail messages that are filed to a folder, archived (so they don't appear in the main inbox in the web interface) but left unread appear with a yellow box in their folder on the phone, but I am never notified. I have switched the filters to not archive them, so that when they come in, they sit in the inbox, but I get a notification on the phone. I also get a duplicate email in the thread on the phone now. In all my folders, I have "Show in IMAP" and sync all folders on the phone. I have the push if supported on, and messages seem to come in immediately, but I don't get the notification with the skip the inbox flag on the filter.

I have discovered my issue with deleting and having them marked as read. I am used to BIS, where it is done instantly after it is done on the phone. Apparently with google and bb10, we aren't so lucky. It can take 5+ minutes for the updates to reflect on the web client. In gmail, if you go into settings > IMAP/POP and turn autoexpunge off, then choose "Move the messages to the trash" option, it will properly delete the emails, on the next sync. I haven't tested the unread deleted mail though.

Alex
    That's odd. I have the same auto expunge setting with move to trash, but it isn't deleting the Messages to the trash folder on either of my gmail accounts.
    05-07-13 12:39 PM
    Elessar.cm, have by chance been able to sync your work based Gmail calendar and contacts?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:53 PM
    Elessar.cm, have by chance been able to sync your work based Gmail calendar and contacts?

Posted via CB10
    My work email is an Active Sync account. Contacts, calendar and email all work fine with one minor annoyance. The synced folders appear in the order created, not alphabetically.

My Gmail contacts and calendar are syncing perfectly. They're set up carDav and CalDav respectively.
    05-07-13 01:07 PM
    That's odd. I have the same auto expunge setting with move to trash, but it isn't deleting the Messages to the trash folder on either of my gmail accounts.
    I read something this morning about that setting. Apparently it has to do with whether or not the email has a secondary label on it. It seems to delete emails that have only the inbox label properly, but not ones that I filter into a second label. I don't truly understand it, but googling autoexpunge off gave me some info.

I have to deal with google apps for work, but I am considering jumping ship to outlook.com and their activesync, anything has to work better than not receiving notification of emails that filter into a category.

Alex
    05-07-13 01:14 PM
    I read something this morning about that setting. Apparently it has to do with whether or not the email has a secondary label on it. It seems to delete emails that have only the inbox label properly, but not ones that I filter into a second label. I don't truly understand it, but googling autoexpunge off gave me some info.

I have to deal with google apps for work, but I am considering jumping ship to outlook.com and their activesync, anything has to work better than not receiving notification of emails that filter into a category.

Alex
    Before you decide to go to the trouble of migrating from Gmail to Outlook.com, a heads up...

Any messages that have filters and an action applied to file them to a specific folder will result in the same behaviour as Gmail. The message will be filed and the yellow outlined icon will show in the hub. BUT you will still not get an audible notification (at least I don't).
    05-07-13 01:27 PM
    Before you decide to go to the trouble of migrating from Gmail to Outlook.com, a heads up...

Any messages that have filters and an action applied to file them to a specific folder will result in the same behaviour as Gmail. The message will be filed and the yellow outlined icon will show in the hub. BUT you will still not get an audible notification (at least I don't).
    AHHH!

I was just going to create a test account. I still might, but this is a frustrating situation. Do you know if it is considered a bug that needs fixing, or is it working as normal, and they just hate me? There has to be a way to have folders give a notification.

Thanks,

Alex
    05-07-13 01:33 PM
    AHHH!

I was just going to create a test account. I still might, but this is a frustrating situation. Do you know if it is considered a bug that needs fixing, or is it working as normal, and they just hate me? There has to be a way to have folders give a notification.

Thanks,

Alex
    I think this is planned behaviour -- being set up to notify of any messages dropping into the your email Inbox.

Just to check another source, I added my old GMX (IMAP) account to my Z. Same behaviour.
    05-07-13 04:20 PM
    Hello,
    I have exactly the same Problem.
    But on my old Bold 9300, it worked perfectly.
    I'm really thinking to switch back to my old BB Bold.
    I'm really disappointed in this Situation(E-Mail handling not as before, No Viber, Not many Banking/Stock apps)!

If anyone knows a Solution, i would be very thankfull too.
    07-01-13 08:53 AM
    08-02-13 11:56 AM