02-08-17 12:01 PM
148 ... 456
tools
    BB10 is, for me, an absolute must in a mobile device! It seems like I'm one of the "lucky" ones not having issues with it... I've used a Torch, then Z10 and now on Z30 and I really hope that somehow somewhere (...in a galaxy far far away...) someone makes sure BB10 on a BlackBerry, stays ALIVE and WELL for normal consumers... #justmy2cents
    07-07-16 02:23 AM
    It's dying faster and it will be dead in 5 yrs.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-07-16 02:57 AM
    We must ask to BlackBerry to save this fantastic SO. BBOS10 it's the best so. The only issue is the list app. May be using a development system alternative like Java or like its developer can develop with more speed. I didn't understand why BlackBerry want kill it! It's a mystery!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 03:49 AM
    Apps seem to be dropping away like flies lately,is there any light at the end of the tunnel for BlackBerry 10,

Posted via CB10
    Bb10 is being uncontaminated from civil interest and it's being prepared to serve higher purposes

Posted via Priv
    07-07-16 04:36 AM
    Bb10 is being uncontaminated from civil interest and it's being prepared to serve higher purposes
    I think he is referring to this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post12153995

[Citation please]
    07-07-16 08:53 AM
    I didn't understand why BlackBerry want kill it! It's a mystery!

Posted via CB10
    Probably has something to do with the fact that no one is buying BB10 phones, and they are losing millions of dollars every quarter on them.
    07-07-16 11:50 AM
    Probably has something to do with the fact that no one is buying BB10 phones, and they are losing millions of dollars every quarter on them.
    And they cannot upgrade the android runtime?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 02:46 PM
    And they cannot upgrade the android runtime?
    That is correct, they cannot upgrade the android runtime.
    Membership in the OHA(open handset alliance) precludes that possibility.
    Its been discussed here many many times.
    07-07-16 02:50 PM
    That is correct, they cannot upgrade the android runtime.
    Membership in the OHA(open handset alliance) precludes that possibility.
    Its been discussed here many many times.
    Also, there're no programmers left to do it.
    07-07-16 06:20 PM
    Nor much point in upgrading it, since the only official android app access is Amazon, which there isn't an issue with.
    07-07-16 07:01 PM
    95% of my Z30 time is used for business. I use WhatsApp to message my overseas customers and vendors and now that it's shutting off as of 1 jan 17 my only option is try and convince the Android and iPhone businesses to install BBM. Not going to happen. The Android version in my Z30 will not send pictures of products so I can't use that one.
    To me BlackBerry's one value is their Hub. Some Android phones now have message LCDs which BB pioneered but nothing like the HUB!!!! Sin Loi.
    07-07-16 07:07 PM
    Nor much point in upgrading it, since the only official android app access is Amazon, which there isn't an issue with.
    Although the current Android Fire OS is based on Lollipop.
    07-07-16 07:38 PM
    Although the current Android Fire OS is based on Lollipop.
    True dat, but I believe the appstore targets the lowest common denominator.
    07-07-16 07:54 PM
    I would say it is dying, no matter what BlackBerrry claims. My Passport, as of recently, has begun to work not so well as before: browser crash, the music player app does not recognize the songs (MP3's, but is says "unrecognized format", wtf..), every now and then a random reboot, battery not so good as before (I bought it in August 2015). The whole BlackBerry 10 experience is falling behind (Blend is dead, too, even though it still works for me and I am using it a lot, WharsApp will no longer support BB10 devices, and so on). So, the bottom line, the company has gone full Android (like another tens of thousands of manufacturers), their claims of the "safest" Android is just pure marketing. If I had known a year ago that they would decide to drop BB10, I would not have bought the Passport Silver. So, I feel kinda ripped off. I will probably buy the next iPhone when it comes out. They know how not to deceive their faithful customers. I know, I am trolling, but that is the harshest truth. And I have been using only BlackBerry phones since 2009.
    Last edited by ioan_calin; 08-19-16 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Left something out
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-19-16 09:25 AM
    It's gone/death. , it's a sorry state of affair

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 09:51 AM
    If I had known a year ago that they would decide to drop BB10, I would not have bought the Passport Silver. So, I feel kinda ripped off. I will probably buy the next iPhone when it comes out. They know how not to deceive their faithful customers. I know, I am trolling, but that is the harshest truth. And I have been using only BlackBerry phones since 2009.
    This is why this is stupid for BlackBerry even from a pure dollars and cents standpoint. Why build a software company under the BlackBerry brand if you alienate loyal users and the brand has bad karma for casual observers.

BlackBerry should not alienate its loyal users. Also, it should not deceive the public by sellig bb10 devices after it has dropped support.

Posted via CB10
    ioan_calin likes this.
    08-19-16 02:38 PM
    I am in denial that BlackBerry 10 is dead. Sad truth.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 03:01 PM
    This is why this is stupid for BlackBerry even from a pure dollars and cents standpoint. Why build a software company under the BlackBerry brand if you alienate loyal users and the brand has bad karma for casual observers.

BlackBerry should not alienate its loyal users. Also, it should not deceive the public by sellig bb10 devices after it has dropped support.

Posted via CB10
    They haven't dropped support. Not making new devices doesn't mean they won't support existing ones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-16 03:09 PM
    Well, its on life support systems.

Cheer up, nothing lasts forever.
    There is a new birth with every a death. Something new will come up.

08-19-16 03:11 PM

Also, great civilizations fall to be replaced by chaos and disorder. Look at the Roman Empire.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 03:40 PM
    Welll, yes.
    That's the way it is.
    We learn to accept.

08-19-16 03:45 PM

Lol I'm not upset. I'm on the Priv anyways.

08-19-16 05:38 PM
    IT stiil runs fine to me
    02-08-17 12:01 PM
148 ... 456