These threads certainly aren't dying.
    06-10-16 09:21 PM
    Never get old
    Carjackd and IndianTiwari like this.
    06-10-16 09:27 PM
    Never get old
    I disagree...

Maybe a new thread, debating the merits of debating whether BB10 is alive or dead, and when that topic's horse has been amply tenderized.

06-10-16 09:34 PM
    [QUOTE=BigBadWulf;12466267]I disagree...

Maybe a new thread, debating the merits of debating whether BB10 is alive or dead, and when that topic's horse has been amply tenderized.

[/QUOTE

I'm pretty sure the writing was on the wall over a year ago when they said they were building an android phone ...although...nobody wanted to hear it then and some still don't want to hear it.
    06-10-16 09:42 PM
    I disagree...

Kill one "is BB10 dead" thread, three take its place...
    moyah8 and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    06-10-16 09:49 PM
    Kill one "is BB10 dead" thread, three take its place...
    JeepBB and ppeters914 like this.
    06-10-16 09:53 PM
    This video is not available in your country, lol
    06-10-16 09:54 PM
    at it's core, BlackBerry 10 is still extremely usable, right out of the box - i just believe it needs some app updates for the browser and some other little things, but for the most part, a person could still easily rely on it for it's robust mobile computing prowess
    NtotheK likes this.
    06-10-16 09:59 PM
    BB10 will die unless BlackBerry bring out new devices because when it comes to getting a new phone "and we all do eventually" we'll have to choice but to buy a different platform.

Posted via CB10
    Sad but true, I plan to stay with BB until they abandon me and not having options after this means abandon. I've been with them since the two way pager days and it will be sad parting when my Classic dies...
    06-10-16 10:01 PM
    like cockroaches, even nukes can't kill these threads
    06-10-16 10:01 PM
    Not enough people were buying them anyway, so why prolong the pain?
    So you leave your few loyal customers because you don't have as many as the other guy? I thought the trick was to downsize your organization so you can remain profitable with your few.
    06-10-16 10:04 PM
    Any platform that does not offer a clear and concise focus point for their loyal followers will wither and die a slow and painful death. Chen did not understand the market and gambled on trying to be the android savior while burying his loyal BB10 followers in the dust of forgotenness.

They should have focused on BB10, their apps and WebApps. If other companies struggle with android why would it be any different for BlackBerry. A decision needs to be made now! They need to decide if they are going to support android & BB10, update the browser or go full android and let all what's left of their fan based followers leave BB10 never to return. They are at a pivoting point I feel and it is a crucial time for decisions.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 10:04 PM
    i did a security wipe of my Passport SE yesterday because i had installed all the apps to have google play store access on it

what i noticed was how the battery would completely drain on it while powered off - when before i installed the google play store apps, the battery would last weeks / months while in standby or powered off

so, now i am going to test the standby (powered off) battery life to see if it has returned to normal

totally irrelevant - unless one is comparing BlackBerry 10 with google play services to BlackBerry 10 without google play services and how that relates to battery standby life - LMAO - too much coffee, i am on a tangent here
    06-10-16 10:05 PM
    at it's core, BlackBerry 10 is still extremely usable, right out of the box - i just believe it needs some app updates for the browser and some other little things, but for the most part, a person could still easily rely on it for it's robust mobile computing prowess
    I stay for the form factor, I like a PKB. The 9900 is my favorite but I've learned to live with my Classic...
    06-10-16 10:11 PM
    So you leave your few loyal customers because you don't have as many as the other guy? I thought the trick was to downsize your organization so you can remain profitable with your few.
    If you are continually losing money, absolutely.
    Coachbulldog and JeepBB like this.
    Any platform that does not offer a clear and concise focus point for their loyal followers will wither and die a slow and painful death. Chen did not understand the market and gambled on trying to be the android savior while burying his loyal BB10 followers in the dust of forgotenness.

They should have focused on BB10, their apps and WebApps. If other companies struggle with android why would it be any different for BlackBerry. A decision needs to be made now! They need to decide if they are going to support android & BB10, update the browser or go full android and let all what's left of their fan based followers leave BB10 never to return. They are at a pivoting point I feel and it is a crucial time for decisions.

Posted via CB10
    good read

i think BlackBerry is trying to sell their remaining inventory of BlackBerry 10 devices and by not suggesting they are going to abandon it, they can still sell them to the people who want them - and i anticipate hardcore people will still seek out BlackBerry 10 devices, as they are right now, for at least another one or even two years

they still sell 9900 devices and have never once stated they plan to abandon even those legacy device users
    experiment 626 likes this.
    technically, BlackBerry has 3 platforms running simultaneously right now , 2 are their own and one is android
    Last edited by blackberryroughrider; 06-15-16 at 02:26 PM.
    06-10-16 10:12 PM
    If you are continually losing money, absolutely.
    That's why you downsize, and accept what Bentley learned, "I'm not made for the masses so the few I sell have to be perfect..."
    06-10-16 10:16 PM
    i have never hired a developer or programmer to update a browser my company owns (BlackBerry 10 Browser) because i do not own a company that built a browser, but i do not believe it would cost BlackBerry a whole heck of a lot of cash to update their browser and other apps for BlackBerry 10
    06-10-16 10:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    BB10 was already dead. Louks convinced Chen that it was worth a shot to offer Android devices (as opposed to none at all), which allowed BlackBerry to drastically reduce its costs by farming out the bulk of the OS development, and by giving the BYOD crowd an OS they could actually use. Unfortunately they went flagship instead of mid-range, and made it too expensive for enterprise. They also overestimated the consumer market's pent up demand for a physical keyboard.

If it happens at all, the mid-range Android devices will be the last kick at the can.

Devices do not play a significant role in the new BlackBerry anyway - much to our disappointment.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-10-16 10:23 PM
    i have never hired a developer or programmer to update a browser my company owns (BlackBerry 10 Browser) because i do not own a company that built a browser, but i do not believe it would cost BlackBerry a whole heck of a lot of cash to update their browser and other apps for BlackBerry 10
    I'd guesstimate a small team of quality developers, capable of maintaining the OS and it's security has about a million dollar a year budget. You can only downsize so far, before crippling operations, failing by cheaping out.
    wilber1 and JeepBB like this.
    06-10-16 10:31 PM
    That's why you downsize, and accept what Bentley learned, "I'm not made for the masses so the few I sell have to be perfect..."
    That is a completely different market. BlackBerry could offer the best built, most high end smartphone on the market. If it's performance is still limited by its ecosystem, who will buy? A Bentley doesn't ask it's owner to compromise.
    06-10-16 10:36 PM
    yep, the only thing perceived to be wrong with BlackBerry 10 is indeed the eco system and the lack of basic maintenance updates to ensure the core apps work
    06-10-16 10:39 PM
    I'd guesstimate a small team of quality developers, capable of maintaining the OS and it's security has about a million dollar a year budget. You can only downsize so far, before crippling operations, failing by cheaping out.
    that seems relatively inexpensive - but yeah, would not want to cheap out, for sure
    06-10-16 10:40 PM
    For me BB10 is alive . My devices are doing well . No technical flaws in OS so far. I am using the device for emails and it remains my daily driver . For all other things I have the Priv .
    06-11-16 01:32 AM
148 1234 ...