07-01-20 11:56 AM
138 ... 456
tools
    I hear you. But I dont think you're fully understood what my situation is.
    Yes, sometimes I use facebook on Passport, but you know how hard it is, I just spend 2 or 3 minute looking around the Marketplace (I'm a selling guy too) and the newsfeed, then shut it down. Way faster than before and I don't feel facebook attracted me anymore. Is it not good? Yeah man I'm millenniel and it's impossible to live 100% without internet, I also have my needs to use other apps for my convenience such as maps, music, and keep connecting via messenger and whatsapp. That's how I want to use a smartphone. On a Note I easily reinstall any apps that I miss (mainly because nothing prevents me to download them). 5 hours a day spent on social media and now cut off to 5 minutes, I have nothing to complain about. If it's easy for you doesn't mean it's the same to others.

Posted via CB10
    Get professional help then. I’m not saying that being mean either. You’re not doing anything wrong being addicted to social media. That said if really interfering with actual daily functioning, you’re putting a bandaid on a large caliber gunshot wound and thinking you’re ok since you’re not seeing gushing blood.

I seriously wish you the best of luck and most here know, I’m never serious like this.
    06-30-20 02:08 PM
    Get professional help then...
    I think they are saying part of their way of dealing with the problem is to make it harder for them to easily indulge, and a less "bells and whistles" phone helps with part of that for them, as a mitigation strategy. Makes some sense to me, if that is what helps them. Makes also sense to me to try things like that, as opposed to immediately going to a professional, who is only tell them as part of first steps to do exactly what they are already doing

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-30-20 04:50 PM
    I think they are saying part of their way of dealing with the problem is to make it harder for them to easily indulge, and a less "bells and whistles" phone helps with part of that for them, as a mitigation strategy. Makes some sense to me, if that is what helps them. Makes also sense to me to try things like that, as opposed to immediately going to a professional, who is only tell them as part of first steps to do exactly what they are already doing

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I’ve got some vices (professional women and parties that can beCome expensive. However if they became real addictions, you can’t self-regulate. That’s primary difference between vice and real addiction when the vice is all that matters and can’t be stopped.

If you’re in the vice stage as I suspect most app or social media addicts really are, it’s really self control and not trying hard enough. Around real addicts of anything, this stuff we’re discussing is laughable.

Use BB10 just because it’s fun, it’s a severe drag on time or waste of time on some levels. Uninstalling or logging out apps, using browsers, with real addictions, this would be called enabling.
    06-30-20 05:04 PM
    Use Q10's. Have two. Good size, Great PKB. Most importantly I can always change batteries. Use them for communication and Mp3.
    Yes I know the screen is small but adequate for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-20 05:56 PM
    ...Passport (personal), Z30 (work)...why, haven't found a better solution yet...or even something with a better battery life...and I've owned them and used them since they launched....

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    06-30-20 07:05 PM
    ...I'm not addicted to FB, can't be bothered anymore with all the ads and sh ite...it's more pain than its worth anymore...(I was banned several times for reposting a Led Zeppelin album remaster release as it was considered 'sexual'...told them that it said more about them than me was Houses of the Holy)...but I still use it to raise grief for my own entertainment lol...

...for what I use it for anymore I use Facebook Lite on my Passport, works really well...and has dark mode...something I can't find on my Keyone....which I got to try BlackDroid...but it sits while the Passport works on...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    06-30-20 07:11 PM
    I’ve got some vices (professional women and parties that can beCome expensive. However if they became real addictions, you can’t self-regulate. That’s primary difference between vice and real addiction when the vice is all that matters and can’t be stopped.

If you’re in the vice stage as I suspect most app or social media addicts really are, it’s really self control and not trying hard enough. Around real addicts of anything, this stuff we’re discussing is laughable.

Use BB10 just because it’s fun, it’s a severe drag on time or waste of time on some levels. Uninstalling or logging out apps, using browsers, with real addictions, this would be called enabling.
    https://www.addictioncenter.com/drug...dia-addiction/

--a concerned health care professional regarding denial by Chuck.
    06-30-20 07:21 PM
    I use my Z10 because it works for me, it is not a drag on time at any levels, and using the browser for FB for me works perfectly for my needs.
    06-30-20 08:46 PM
    https://www.addictioncenter.com/drug...dia-addiction/

--a concerned health care professional regarding denial by Chuck.
    But I'm agreeing with this, I'm just not doing well communicating
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-30-20 09:09 PM
    I'm still rocking a Q10, and will probably switch to a passport this month
    elfabio80 and mh1983 like this.
    06-30-20 09:39 PM
    I wasted more time on trying to get BB10 to work... than I have on either Android or iOS.

One reason iOSs Screen Time exists... is to help with these types of issues.
    07-01-20 07:50 AM
    Appreciate what you said. But I dont think I need to see a doctor. To me now it's totally fine. I can control my time as I wanted. Happy time. I go out more, be more productive, more active. Rather than enjoying the smartphone too much that forget to come out. Also social media addiction is a real thing, it's just as important as other kinds of addiction. It causes many problems in life, said experts. I'm not that bad though. I know what I'm doing is right. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-20 09:44 AM
    There was another thread on here somewhere a while back that also talked about some of this. A guy basically got rid of all native or Android ports for apps on his BB10 device and went the browser only approach mobile version for all of them. Then, he adjusted his account settings for each of the services separately to get email notifications for things like new posts, requests for replies, update posts, etc..., with the concept that such is how he achieves integration with those services and for with BB10 hub. I am basically following that concept for FB with my Z10 and it works for me. I can normally quickly tell from the email notification content if I want to open up the site or just delete the email and ignore. For FB, the browser site (x.facebook.com) even let's me get access to the messenger chats, messages and groups, directly from following a link in the email without needing the separate messenger app.
    Not me, I'm not doing anything special. I run Android stuff on my Passport, I am not specifically avoiding anything, I'm just living my life. I find that between work, family, friends, 'real' social networking , there is no time for 'virtual' social networking anyways.

When it comes to the browser in particular, if anything doesn't work, I either fire up Kiwi, Firefox or change the user agent string and stuff works. Usually it's the latter that does the trick so you can tell it's just websites screwing around rather than the BlackBerry rendering engine not working
    07-01-20 11:56 AM
138 ... 456