Do what didn't you like about the Titan?
    Scroll up to Page 12 for my long winded posts on it. In a nutshell, keyboard was AMAZING, screen was great. The problems I had were with battery drain and launchers not working properly. I had several different Web browsers and none of them were able to open to a selected home page. Even the BlackBerry hub (subscription) would not configure correctly. Although it was Android Pie, they had it configured their way with power settings and a few other things. I wasn't able to configure it any way near my Blackview phone with Android Pie. To be fair, I am hostile towards Android and maybe I got a one-off phone, but maybe not. My quest for a modern BlackBerry Passport continues and as always, your mileage may vary. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-21 11:47 PM
    I have a classic. I turn it on every now and then to make sure it works but other than that it's and emergency backup phone.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-19-21 12:50 PM
    Scroll up to Page 12 for my long winded posts on it. In a nutshell, keyboard was AMAZING, screen was great. The problems I had were with battery drain and launchers not working properly. I had several different Web browsers and none of them were able to open to a selected home page. Even the BlackBerry hub (subscription) would not configure correctly. Although it was Android Pie, they had it configured their way with power settings and a few other things. I wasn't able to configure it any way near my Blackview phone with Android Pie. To be fair, I am hostile towards Android and maybe I got a one-off phone, but maybe not. My quest for a modern BlackBerry Passport continues and as always, your mileage may vary. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    There's no more "pages" on the Android version of this forum.

Anyway, it's really strange that you experienced battery drain on a device with such a massive 6000mAh battery.

Maybe you just needed to disable some built-in apps? Or let the OS settle for a few days?

Most people that have a Titan say they usually get two days out of one charge.
    01-19-21 12:54 PM
    I get two days sometimes day in half. The titan battery is amazing. After the update to Android 10 it needs a little adjustments but battery is still day and a half.
    01-19-21 12:56 PM
    There's no more "pages" on the Android version of this forum.

Anyway, it's really strange that you experienced battery drain on a device with such a massive 6000mAh battery.

Maybe you just needed to disable some built-in apps? Or let the OS settle for a few days?

Most people that have a Titan say they usually get two days out of one charge.
    I agree, that I is a massive battery and was one of the things that attracted me to it. I tried disabling everything and it didn't seem to matter. I am not a heavy user other than texting and occasional short video clip so I was expecting better out of the battery. But after a day and a half it was down to 50-60%. If I was gaming or doing a lot of navigation I could understand the drain. Disabling wifi didn't seem to help. From what I have read, Unihertz has their own power profile going on and you really cant mess with it. Sure, you can change a few things but not how it manages things in the background. As much as I loved the key pad, I this phone wasn't meant to be for me. As I indicated earlier, maybe I just one that was a little wonky.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-21 02:57 PM
    I get two days sometimes day in half. The titan battery is amazing. After the update to Android 10 it needs a little adjustments but battery is still day and a half.
    But some get two days or a day in half on batteries half that capacity... folks were expecting the Titan to last a week.
    01-20-21 01:52 PM
    I'm using the passport. I can't put this phone away. I'm so mad at blackberry. They build their phones to lastive been using the passports for the last 6 years. When all of the apps worked my God I was losing my mind. And I miss my passport SE

Posted via CB10
    01-21-21 11:44 PM
    Hello,

i've got my BBz10 for a 7 years, but I dont remember account or even password. Is it possible to use it again? ;-(
    01-23-21 04:34 AM
    Hello,

i've got my BBz10 for a 7 years, but I dont remember account or even password. Is it possible to use it again? ;-(
    You can go online and try to recover your BBID password.
    01-23-21 08:33 AM
    Hi all !
    Taken nostalgia, I bought a blackberry classic used that serves as secondary phone for private emails and calls.It also allows me to chat with a few friends who also have a blackberry. I tried android app and i quickly deleted everything because they arn't optimized for these devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-21 04:25 AM
    Q10, for nostalgic factor, for multitasking and privacy.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-21 09:12 AM
    Using the priv as my daily phone but if I am at home I use my good old passport for phone calls and text. Telegram andsometimes browsing the Web using firefox.still works perfect for me

Posted via CB10
    01-27-21 08:34 AM
    You can go online and try to recover your BBID password.
    Conite,

I gave my Z10 to my sister-in-law, she set up her BBID which she totally doesn't remember, and no email - so it's irrecoverable. Is there any way to bypass antitheft protection
    01-30-21 02:54 AM
    Conite,

I gave my Z10 to my sister-in-law, she set up her BBID which she totally doesn't remember, and no email - so it's irrecoverable. Is there any way to bypass antitheft protection
    Run an autoloader.

When you boot it for the first time, it asks you for the current BBID, enter any OTHER VALID one, but with the wrong password. When it says "wrong password", hold down the power button until it reboots.

Anti-theft is disabled and you can enter a new BBID.

Which model variant do you have? I'll post the correct autoloader.
    01-30-21 08:13 AM
    Run an autoloader.

When you boot it for the first time, it asks you for the current BBID, enter any OTHER VALID one, but with the wrong password. When it says "wrong password", hold down the power button until it reboots.

Anti-theft is disabled and you can enter a new BBID.

Which model variant do you have? I'll post the correct autoloader.
    So much for anti theft!
    01-30-21 02:14 PM
    So much for anti theft!
    At least data has to be wiped for this to work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    01-30-21 02:59 PM
    At least data has to be wiped for this to work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Agreed but not exactly a deterrent for would be thieves who can then sell your phone with no lock on it.

I know the phone can be locked via the IMEI but that’s not really the point here.
    01-31-21 05:19 AM
    2020 saw my long term Priv get traded in against a second hand Motion. A Motion because it's version of Android is much newer, and it's battery life is great, and it's water resistance for my outdoor lifestyle. Really like the device -except the aluminum sides because aluminum dents and scratches. The Priv and Z10 didn't suffer like this. So anyway I put a StilGut case on it, problem solved :-)
    02-01-21 04:39 AM
    2020 saw my long term Priv get traded in against a second hand Motion. A Motion because it's version of Android is much newer, and it's battery life is great, and it's water resistance for my outdoor lifestyle. Really like the device -except the aluminum sides because aluminum dents and scratches. The Priv and Z10 didn't suffer like this. So anyway I put a StilGut case on it, problem solved :-)
    Not really a BlackBerry 10 device though.
    02-01-21 07:52 AM
    Not really a BlackBerry 10 device though.
    As time drags on, the BBAndroid devices appear more similar to BB10 though. Once movement stops, atrophy is just atrophy.. ironically more a compliment to BB10 stuck 4.3 ART than BBAndroid stuck 8.1 but time really just blurs it all
    02-01-21 01:46 PM
    My passport SE died a few years ago or so I thought. I just got a blank screen after charging it one night and no matter what I tried for what seemed like weeks helped. Every once in a while after I'd plug Inn the charger to see if it would come back but nothing.

A couple of days ago when cleaning out one of my drawers I thought well I guess I should drop it along with a bunch of other obsolete electronics I had to the local dump to be recycled, then I thought hmm I'll give it one final try. First thing I noticed was the red LED blink! Never saw that before it stopped? Next thing a black screen with the words BlackBerry in the middle of it??

Then the familiar start up routine and it came roaring back to life!

I have no idea how or why it came back to life I spent hours trying to get it to boot but some how sitting in a drawer untouched for over a year did the trick.

I've been using iPhones since my passport died as my kids go through them often enough that I get their cast offs. It's funny that for me with ios 14 I'd thought I'd finally reached the point of not grumbling about iPhones being not as good as BBb10, everyone would roll their eyes at that as you could imagine!

I'll probably just keep using ios because I want to keep my passport SE as a kind of collector phone almost like a classic muscle car or something you don't want to use as a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    02-01-21 06:28 PM
    Good evening everyone, I have been visiting this site since 2014 and I own a blackberry z30 manufactured in December 2015.
    I have read the various discussions regarding the decommissioning of the infrastructure and the BBID.
    My considerations are:
    -Really phones sold at the end of 2015 will no longer be able to function after the closure of the infrastructure?
    Wouldn't that be blackberry bad publicity to loyal customers?
    -Is it possible that in addition to the official blackberry declaration of the discontinuation of the service, there was not another declaration that was going to protect the old and loyal customers?
    -Phones like Passport, Z30 not because they cannot be enabled at times despite having hd voice technology and sometimes going to see on the escreen?
    For me who live in Italy, 2G is guaranteed until 2029, so it's not a problem, but I don't understand Blackberry's silence towards old customers who believed in the company until the end.
    Sorry for the incorrect English.
    02-02-21 08:44 AM
    Good evening everyone, I have been visiting this site since 2014 and I own a blackberry z30 manufactured in December 2015.
    I have read the various discussions regarding the decommissioning of the infrastructure and the BBID.
    My considerations are:
    -Really phones sold at the end of 2015 will no longer be able to function after the closure of the infrastructure?
    Wouldn't that be blackberry bad publicity to loyal customers?
    -Is it possible that in addition to the official blackberry declaration of the discontinuation of the service, there was not another declaration that was going to protect the old and loyal customers?
    -Phones like Passport, Z30 not because they cannot be enabled at times despite having hd voice technology and sometimes going to see on the escreen?
    For me who live in Italy, 2G is guaranteed until 2029, so it's not a problem, but I don't understand Blackberry's silence towards old customers who believed in the company until the end.
    Sorry for the incorrect English.
    BlackBerry has been out of the phone business since 2016. They don't really need to worry about its "loyal" smartphone customers.

The Z30 was launched in 2013. That will be 8 full years of backend support. BlackBerry certainly owes nothing to that device.
    02-02-21 01:33 PM
    Pulled my OG Passport out again after a few months of disuse (I go back and forth). Had to update my Android apps, sync my email accounts again but it's up and running as normal.

Interestingly it functions better (ie less workarounds, better app selection, less hickups) than my 640XL Windows Mobile I used for a month prior. They are from about the same Era (actually PP is a year older) but WP is too broken and inconsistent now. Shame.

Unfortunately, the ONLY non-functioning app I used previously is Last Pass (older version from Yalp) I'm getting a "check your Internet connection and day/date error). Forced me to manually enter my most used passwords into Password Keeper. Oh well. If that's my largest headache then it's a win.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Onthelinit1979; 02-04-21 at 04:06 AM.
    02-03-21 06:05 AM
    I have no idea how or why it came back to life I spent hours trying to get it to boot but some how sitting in a drawer untouched for over a year did the trick.
    I have long suspected that BB10 devices do not fully shut off when you power them off. The battery just seems to keep draining at a faster rate than normal even after holding the power button "to turn off your device." Normally, turning off a Li-ion device (laptop, smartphone) or removing the battery with, say, 50% battery will only drain it by 10% or so after a few months.

However, on BB10, I think even just one month will drain it significantly. I suspect "Power off" on BB10 is translated into "Standby" where the CPU just keeps the clock running or something. I doubt it is a hardware issue because all the devices I have behave the same way.

As such, in your case, maybe leaving the Passport in a drawer drained the battery to 0% after a month or two which then forced a full power off and consequently, a clean start without whatever stale standby code that was keeping it from booting.

Just a suspicion.
    02-03-21 09:48 AM
305 ... 910111213