I have long suspected that BB10 devices do not fully shut off when you power them off. The battery just seems to keep draining at a faster rate than normal even after holding the power button "to turn off your device." Normally, turning off a Li-ion device (laptop, smartphone) or removing the battery with, say, 50% battery will only drain it by 10% or so after a few months.

However, on BB10, I think even just one month will drain it significantly. I suspect "Power off" on BB10 is translated into "Standby" where the CPU just keeps the clock running or something. I doubt it is a hardware issue because all the devices I have behave the same way.

As such, in your case, maybe leaving the Passport in a drawer drained the battery to 0% after a month or two which then forced a full power off and consequently, a clean start without whatever stale standby code that was keeping it from booting.

Just a suspicion.
    BB10 does shut off completely.

Plus, I've left devices in drawers for over a year with no discernable battery loss.
    02-03-21 09:50 AM
    BB10 does shut off completely.

Plus, I've left devices in drawers for over a year with no discernable battery loss.
    What was the charge level when powering them off?
    02-03-21 02:52 PM
    What was the charge level when powering them off?
    I usually make sure I have about half in the tank when I put something in a drawer long-term.
    02-03-21 03:03 PM
    I usually make sure I have about half in the tank when I put something in a drawer long-term.
    Approx how much did they have when powering them on again?
    02-03-21 03:22 PM
    Approx how much did they have when powering them on again?
    I dunno. But enough to power on again after a year or more.
    02-03-21 03:23 PM
    Hello I use P9982 email call sms telegram Firefox or browse browser vpn and download torrent podcast Audiobook music by bbtube bird10.

Just hope new one drive and Dropbox as basket arrive

Posted via CB10
    02-04-21 02:42 PM
    Hello I use P9982 email call sms telegram Firefox or browse browser vpn and download torrent podcast Audiobook music by bbtube bird10.

Just hope new one drive and Dropbox as basket arrive

Posted via CB10
    More likely to get less and less working apps on BB10 as time goes on unfortunately.
    02-05-21 07:27 AM
    Run an autoloader.

When you boot it for the first time, it asks you for the current BBID, enter any OTHER VALID one, but with the wrong password. When it says "wrong password", hold down the power button until it reboots.

Anti-theft is disabled and you can enter a new BBID.

Which model variant do you have? I'll post the correct autoloader.
    Have STL100-1
    02-05-21 12:09 PM
    Have STL100-1
    https://mega.nz/file/dJBSmLba#xBT2Rm...LgT7ZMpbq7-pCE
    02-05-21 12:22 PM
    well it doesnt work ;-(

edit: i run autoloader - with success, type bbid - wrong password - restart phone and antitheft still there ;/
    Last edited by JeiPel; 02-06-21 at 04:56 AM.
    02-06-21 04:46 AM
    well it doesnt work ;-(

edit: i run autoloader - with success, type bbid - wrong password - restart phone and antitheft still there ;/
    Not sure this method is 100% certain to remove antitheft.

Try using the same method a few times to see if you can fool it with timing.

Other than that I believe there is software you can buy to remove the BBID but at that point you’ll probably be spending more than the phone is worth.
    02-06-21 05:47 AM
    well it doesnt work ;-(

It will work.

Was it a VALID BBID that you've used on other devices and not this one?
    Last edited by conite; 02-06-21 at 07:07 AM.
    02-06-21 06:50 AM
    Not sure this method is 100% certain to remove antitheft.

Try using the same method a few times to see if you can fool it with timing.

Other than that I believe there is software you can buy to remove the BBID but at that point you’ll probably be spending more than the phone is worth.
    I used to think that too, and was surprised to find out it worked every single time.
    02-06-21 06:51 AM
    I used to think that too, and was surprised to find out it worked every single time.
    Hmm, maybe it's a secret feature they purposely implemented...
    02-06-21 06:57 AM
    Has this been tested on the outlier 100-01 model though?

Just a thought.
    02-06-21 07:11 AM
    Hmm, maybe it's a secret feature they purposely implemented...
    Perhaps there are other secret features that mean when all the back end services are switched off everything will still work!

Who knows.
    02-06-21 07:13 AM
    Perhaps there are other secret features that mean when all the back end services are switched off everything will still work!

Who knows.
    I still find it hard to believe BlackBerry would let all BB10 devices with a BBID still on them after Jan 4/22 turn into bricks - they'd do something similar to what they did with the BBW update. I guess it remains to be seen.
    02-06-21 07:19 AM
    Has this been tested on the outlier 100-01 model though?

Just a thought.
    Yes. Either that or 10.3.2. I haven't tried it on either.
    02-06-21 08:18 AM
    Blackberry Passport because I love blackberry

Posted via CB10
    02-06-21 10:02 PM
    Shift+keypaddown bbbutton cutpastedone
    Mailout.

Classic
    Dont insteall android thingson it untilyoumust keepit quick in ramload and still safeenough for aquick email withtemporarypassword

For anything else nowadays youned amoremodern device

Ichose defender devices outof necessity and outof philosophy and stayedwiht blackberry as a

Quirky religion *puts another fingernail piece ontheshrine inthecorner the aeh. R i m corner and*
    02-09-21 10:41 AM
    It will work.

Was it a VALID BBID that you've used on other devices and not this one?
    yes it was valid bbid, before that i create new one.
    02-09-21 11:54 AM
    I still love my passport SE and really want to use it. I've had to stick with the Key2 since it functions better overall. Too many issues with BB10 already and they are just going to get worse.

Here's to hoping for something from Onward Mobility that isn't half-baked.
    02-10-21 08:17 PM
    Here's to hoping for something from Onward Mobility
    This is what I'm hoping for...something at all lol
    02-10-21 09:21 PM
    Classic, nothing is more productive for me than the keyboard and trackpad and Hub. Browser still works ok. If I need to use an Android app I just use another phone.
    02-17-21 05:16 PM
    Classic, nothing is more productive for me than the keyboard and trackpad and Hub. Browser still works ok. If I need to use an Android app I just use another phone.
    I really hope someday there will be an update/new BBOS to catch up the latest (eg apps) and make it even more productive...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-21 05:58 PM
305 ... 10111213