Hi everyone, I've watched all the BlackBerry keynotes related to BlackBerry 10, BB World, BB Jam and I think: Why cloud services aren't mentioned? For people outside the enterprise, services like iCloud for full device backup, Recently I saw Box cloud being integrated to the OS, Will this be the BlackBerry 10 cloud service solution?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    10-08-12 12:13 PM
    These are consumer offerings...there is a time and place to reveal this. A Dev conference is out of context. If RIM shows the scope of their consumer offerings and implementation this gives the competition and advance on RIM's innovations.
    10-08-12 04:27 PM
    Actually cloud services are not solely a consumer offering, given that a properly implemented version of "cloud services" (whatever we mean by that) ought to include some nice features accessible to developers for use in their own apps.

For example, if I were to try writing an app like BlackBerry News, right now I'd basically need to implement my own server-side mechanism to support storing the users' account information, as well as the "likes" for various articles. If RIM were to provide some cloud support, I could leverage that infrastructure the same way they have in making BlackBerry News.

I actually pointed out to one of the RIM people at the Jam that I was surprised not to have heard the slightest mention of cloud stuff. He's either top-notch at controlling his body language, or he really doesn't know anything about it, because I could read nothing at all in his response... ;-)

To the OP: there's no indication "Box" is anything other than a partner, just like dozens of other such companies. Also, if all it does is store documents, then it's not much of a general cloud solution. "Cloud" means a lot more than simply storing documents remotely... or should.
    10-09-12 09:36 AM
    Well, we DO know that BB Protect is coming
    10-09-12 12:39 PM
    Actually, there is a BB cloud service (free) attached to office365 online.
    Yet, my dev alpha (neither my PB) can connect to it.
    I strongly suspect we might hear about it soon (speculation).
    10-10-12 01:12 PM