I am looking for an app that will change the phone to the max brightness when it is being charged, then go back to the original brightness when the charging stops.

Are there any apps that can do this function? This should not be that hard to implement right?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 01:48 AM
    This should not be that hard to implement right?

Posted via CB10
    Hehehe, this is BB10 the OS with no useful API's, the light sensor interferes and causes it to go slightly bonkers

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    08-26-16 02:59 AM
    I think the mobile phone hardware architecture isn't the same as laptops to allow such dynamic change depending on its power status.

Though, I don't think it's a problem for either QNX or Android to implement this sort of power management.

I guess the use case is pretty limited for mobile phones...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    08-27-16 11:38 AM
    I think the mobile phone hardware architecture isn't the same as laptops to allow such dynamic change depending on its power status.

Though, I don't think it's a problem for either QNX or Android to implement this sort of power management.

I have my phone set up on my car dashboard. I would like to have the full brightness when I have the phone up on the dash because of the sun light. I also have the phone charging when I have it set up on my dash, so it would save a lot of time if the phone automatically changes to the highest brightness whenever it goes on the dashboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 12:01 PM
    I have my phone set up on my car dashboard. I would like to have the full brightness when I have the phone up on the dash because of the sun light. I also have the phone charging when I have it set up on my dash, so it would save a lot of time if the phone automatically changes to the highest brightness whenever it goes on the dashboard.

Posted via CB10
    That will blind you after dark.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    08-27-16 12:14 PM
    That will blind you after dark.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Yes, but I drive in the day more than I drive at night. I could always manually lower the brightness if I have to
    08-27-16 12:20 PM

Nothing to do with that, it's just the fact we can't turn the Light sensor off + have no proper API for it.
    Like I said above we can change the brightness but the sensor interferes and makes it go a bit mad
    08-27-16 12:32 PM
    I remember this application being featured on the CB main page.

Check out doo in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59997180

I haven't looked into it, but there may be an option to change the screen brightness with the volume rockers.
    Or request this feature to CellNinja?

Or maybe your best bet is to make sure your Quick Settings are set up so you can quickly adjust your brightness.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 12:06 PM
    I remember this application being featured on the CB main page.

Check out doo in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59997180

I haven't looked into it, but there may be an option to change the screen brightness with the volume rockers.
    Or request this feature to CellNinja?

Or maybe your best bet is to make sure your Quick Settings are set up so you can quickly adjust your brightness.

Posted via CB10

Volume buttons, yes of course that's possible.

But it would block volume controls from working while running

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 12:34 PM
    But it would block volume controls from working while running

Posted via CB10
    You're correct.
    Maybe the long-press or double click options can be used.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 01:32 PM