Feb 19, 2020 is the current AT&T end of 3G activations.... that might be an indicator for them supporting BB10 going forward. But if you have an active device, you should be good for two more years. May find that you can't replace it - or move between devices.

Verizon... no one has activated any BB10 devices for a long while now. Several have had a device die, and got a replacement to find they couldn't get them to activate it - you don't just move a SIM.
    I find it odd that any BB10 couldn't be activated on any network, provided the device and network have overlapping frequencies and radio technologies. It's radio technology capabilities we are talking about here. So any 4G/LTE (on most BB10) device will be good on carriers for many many years into the future. Though faster 5g has some severe coverage limitations, that I would expect 4g will cover because its more robust at getting through obstacles that 5g can't handle well. I'm not sure if all BB10 devices are VoLTE compatible or whether that is any different from 4g LTE. I do know though that BBMe call voice quality seems extremely good...I'm wondering if it is VoLTE comparable in itself.
    02-06-20 10:39 AM
    I had some problem attaching the screen protector to my z10 and after this post I am thinking of keeping it as it is without the screen protector. More than that I think of taking off the pre-applied plastic/cellophane screen protector from my z30. What will be your advice?

Posted via CB10
    I'd say, go for it!
    crberryy likes this.
    02-06-20 11:43 AM
    I find it odd that any BB10 couldn't be activated on any network, provided the device and network have overlapping frequencies and radio technologies. It's radio technology capabilities we are talking about here. So any 4G/LTE (on most BB10) device will be good on carriers for many many years into the future. Though faster 5g has some severe coverage limitations, that I would expect 4g will cover because its more robust at getting through obstacles that 5g can't handle well. I'm not sure if all BB10 devices are VoLTE compatible or whether that is any different from 4g LTE. I do know though that BBMe call voice quality seems extremely good...I'm wondering if it is VoLTE comparable in itself.
    Verizon wouldn't let me reactive my Z10, and there have been several others who have had issues - but only with Verizon. But then someone recently, had no issue getting a BB10 device activated.

The excuse was it didn't meet their current requirements for VoLTE.... have to keep in mind most the devices are using 2012 chipsets that were very early LTE version.

My guess is it just wasn't on a list because of age... not because it wouldn't work. Might now be on the list and Verizon users might not have anymore issues....
    02-06-20 11:54 AM
    It's a good thing then that I am on Vodafone which fully supports 4g LTE!
    02-06-20 12:08 PM
79 ... 234