I miss the peek swipe. And that I could use the side button for a flashlight whenever I wanted and didn't have to worry about activating the screen!
    For a while I was using the Jolla phone powered by Sailfish OS. I believe they had the peek swipe thing figured out best.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-09-20 09:18 AM
    I miss the peek swipe. And that I could use the side button for a flashlight whenever I wanted and didn't have to worry about activating the screen!
    Wait, what? On which device?
    01-09-20 12:51 PM
    I was pointing out things I appreciated with BB10.
    01-09-20 12:55 PM
    I was pointing out things I appreciated with BB10.
    The flashlight was something that pissed me off from day 1 because I always had to fumble to unlock it then swipe down to hit the button. Lots of hand gymnastics if you were carrying something and had to one-hand it.
    01-09-20 01:35 PM
    Right? I can't be the only crackhead out there who has obsessively removed and replaced the battery door on their BB during a long boring meeting!

Posted via CB10
    Crackberryhead

Posted via CB10
    01-09-20 01:48 PM
    I would add a feature I don't see mentioned so far. Picture size reduction. In BB10, you have the option of resizing a picture before you send by email. No such feature built in to Android- the 4 models I've tried anyway. Iphone?-- don't know. There are a few apps that resize but they are not as flexible or slick as what is built into BB10. Android users don't seem to understand why I would want that. With ever increasing megapixel sized cameras, it doesn't seem fair to send multi megapixel attachments when the BB10 resize did a super job of reducing size by 80% plus. I really miss my z30 but with the ever poorer BB10 browser support for sites like nytimes.com, I needed to move on. But I'm irritated every day by all the features I no longer have -- mostly enumerated in this post.
    truth4u likes this.
    01-09-20 01:52 PM
    On my Passport I use native app called Doo from BB World (still available) and having flashlight on and off associated with double click of power button. Works like charm even when the phone is locked, no need to unlock first, swipe down etc. On every BB10 device probably the same.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-20 03:24 PM
    Headless Torch does this well too.
    01-09-20 03:34 PM
    Still miss BB Maps. The visuals were basic and easy to read, alternative and traffic (re)routing were by far the most accurate outside of a stand alone; the timing of voice turn-by-turn instructions was perfect too. But what I really appreciated was the absolute minimal data it used.

I tried Here Maps recently, made by Tom Tom who supplied BB with map data, and was sorely disappointed.
    01-09-20 06:27 PM
    On my Passport I use native app called Doo from BB World (still available) and having flashlight on and off associated with double click of power button. Works like charm even when the phone is locked, no need to unlock first, swipe down etc. On every BB10 device probably the same.

Posted via CB10
    I'm quite bummed I've not seen Doo until now.
    01-10-20 03:11 AM
    Still miss BB Maps. The visuals were basic and easy to read, alternative and traffic (re)routing were by far the most accurate outside of a stand alone; the timing of voice turn-by-turn instructions was perfect too. But what I really appreciated was the absolute minimal data it used.

I tried Here Maps recently, made by Tom Tom who supplied BB with map data, and was sorely disappointed.
    Here maps has nothing to do with Tomtom AFAIK. It's originally Nokia developed, ovi maps, now on its own.
    01-10-20 04:35 AM
    Headless Torch does this well too.
    Can you please post a link?There's quite a few Torch apps on BBW and I can't find the one you mean. Many thanks!
    01-10-20 10:00 AM
    Can you please post a link?There's quite a few Torch apps on BBW and I can't find the one you mean. Many thanks!
    Headless Torch was a paid app by the dev Burning Platform and is not available anymore unless you previously purchased it.
    01-10-20 10:24 AM
    Thanks for letting me know that. Maybe any of the remaining Torch apps is any good?
    01-10-20 10:32 AM
    Headless Torch was a paid app by the dev Burning Platform and is not available anymore unless you previously purchased it.
    Ah, shame. Sorry, saint300, and thanks for clarifying, Brookie!
    Last edited by mh1983; 01-10-20 at 10:49 AM.
    01-10-20 10:37 AM
    Thanks for letting me know that. Maybe any of the remaining Torch apps is any good?
    Why not use doo from BBW? From inside the app go to Button Shortcuts/scroll down to Power/Double Click/select Quickly start/stop flashlight. Works well for me. Or you can experiment with practically any other button combination/setting.
    saint300, dmlis and bb9900user2018 like this.
    01-10-20 10:38 AM
    Why not use doo from BBW? From inside the app go to Button Shortcuts/scroll down to Power/Double Click/select Quickly start/stop flashlight. Works well for me. Or you can experiment with practically any other button combination/setting.
    I already had Doo, but hadn't tried anything out. Now I followed your advice, and it is awesome!!! Wow!! I can't believe how easy this is!! Will have to check other features as well! Many thanks!!
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-10-20 10:43 AM
    My classic died and i'm planning to get a Passport as a replacement in 2020. Who validates this decision? I can't handle inferior mobile OS
    01-12-20 06:03 AM
    My classic died and i'm planning to get a Passport as a replacement in 2020. Who validates this decision? I can't handle inferior mobile OS
    In a nutshell, go for it and you won't regret it!
    01-12-20 07:05 AM
    Only you can validate the decision, a lot depends on your particular use case, if it works for you then it's a good decision.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    01-12-20 09:32 AM
    You already know the limitations of BB10 since you’re still using Classic until it broke. Are you asking if Passport hardware makes sense? It’s different layout that many love or hate. Personally I hate it and prefer Classic over Passport if back in 2016 or so.

Biggest issue with any BB10 hardware is the devices are old from component standpoint and most available now are used. We’re not talking parts sourcing like Cuban automobiles but you get the point
    01-12-20 09:38 AM
    We’re not talking parts sourcing like Cuban automobiles but you get the point
    We can only hope that BB10 hardware support will be half as good as that for vintage cars in Cuba!

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    01-12-20 10:27 AM
    You already know the limitations of BB10 since you’re still using Classic until it broke. Are you asking if Passport hardware makes sense? It’s different layout that many love or hate. Personally I hate it and prefer Classic over Passport if back in 2016 or so.

Biggest issue with any BB10 hardware is the devices are old from component standpoint and most available now are used. We’re not talking parts sourcing like Cuban automobiles but you get the point
    Well, most Cuban automobiles are vintage US cars, and these are well catered for as far as I know!
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-12-20 11:08 AM
    most Cuban automobiles are vintage US cars
    Nope - they make up a large number but Russian and Chinese imports now make up the largest segment of cars in Cuba. Still around 50 to 60 thousand pre-1960 American made vehicles which are all privately owned.
    01-12-20 11:13 AM
    We can only hope that BB10 hardware support will be half as good as that for vintage cars in Cuba!

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Well, most Cuban automobiles are vintage US cars, and these are well catered for as far as I know!
    I’m not criticizing the Cuban ingenuity but merely recognizing the monumentous efforts required keeping a circa 1950s automobile running without parts readily available.
    01-12-20 11:28 AM
79 1234