11-25-13 05:22 PM
266 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I understand that English is not the first language for some of you, but, many of ya'll need to get some effin' reading comprehension skills, yo. It is like in that other thread where the OP states, very plainly, that a customer was helping a lady who was considering a Z10 because all of the customer service reps were busy with other customers. Yet, the OP was followed with page after page after page of responses that went something like Chill bro! A customer rep is finally on BBs side, and you slag him! Get out of town, hater! Seriously.

The OP here is not talking about functionality, just aesthetics and design. And I agree with him. BB10 might be ahead of the pack in terms of functionality, but it sure does look a bit dated when it comes to the UI. Look, few people who are not familiar with BB10 are going to purchase a BB10 handset simply because of the swiping gestures, Hub, Peak, Flow, etc. Function over form, sure, but aesthetics goes a long way my friends. If it is not visually appealing, many potential customers will be turned off.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    11-15-13 08:12 AM
    I think it looks great. Manly someone called it, and I agree. I like men.
    11-15-13 09:58 AM
    And they all have better sale than blackberry 10, wake up..
    11-15-13 01:15 PM
    Looks like the OP needs to have their eyes checked. io7 look like something a 2 year old put together in the 90"s, windows always looks old, and droid has looked bad since it was created.
    and they all have better sales than blackberry 10, wake up....
    11-15-13 01:16 PM

People bash iOS for being a grid of icons. What exactly is BB10 again? Two grids of icons: one for running apps and another for a icons?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    But...it's BlackBerry. We win!

Really? Why not just go with the iPhone. The only thing I look forward to BlackBerry doing is adding parallax cuz to tell you the truth it would look a lot better than it does on iOS. Forget adding color. Keep it professional and give us the option of some additional 3D effects with our wallpapers.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm.....color is non-professional while while SnapChat and 3D wallpapers are? Interesting.

So - I picked up my Z10, and looked at it. I saw icons that make sense, in a logical pattern. I looked at the hub and saw seven items, that were easily recognized. I touched one, and it opened an email, that was clear and easily readable.

Wow! I am soo disappointed. I was hoping for a heliotrope and chartreuse paisley background. BB has let me down, again.
    Well shut the front door! Once again, the case is not against the OS or functionality being dated...As a Dr. I assumed you would have caught onto to that.

The BB10 user interface is a total rip off of the Meego Harmattan user interface as found on the Nokia N9 over two years ago. I'm sure people have seen the comparison videos on the internet if they don't have a BB10 device and a Nokia N9.

Not saying it's bad because both user interfaces are fine. Just for BlackBerry to use a near total copy of a user interface found on a two year old device is not trail blazing and is well.. dated.
    *quietly swept under the rug*
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    11-15-13 01:49 PM
    If your concern is how an OS looks, BlackBerry is probably not going to be the best phone for you going forward.

And not everyone is a troll or a fanboy, even though Crackberry is more intended for fanboys than trolls. So if you are calling people fanboys., the joke is on you.

But some people are just realist. And the reality is BlackBerry is hanging on by a thead. They are operating with a miniscule staff and are in survival mode.

I am astonished BB10 has come so far so fast. I have used all the platforms... and still do because of my business. I have not used the latest Andoid OS, but I do have an iPhone 5 running IOS7.

It is no where near BB10 is terms of productivity for me. I'm to the point now where I only use the iPhone for listening to music.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers and SDTRMG like this.
    11-15-13 01:50 PM
    You're assuming all talent is equal talent, which is false. Leaders are worth more. It's why CEOs make more than assembly workers.

All talent is equal because all people are created equal. Leaders don't worth more than followers. CEOs make more than assembly workers because capitalism is a pyramid scheme designed so a few people take the most money from the majority.
    11-15-13 02:01 PM
    Well, after using a phone for months it's kinda obvious that you get used to the UI and it starts looking dated... to you.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:23 PM
    All talent is equal because all people are created equal. Leaders don't worth more than followers. CEOs make more than assembly workers because capitalism is a pyramid scheme designed so a few people take the most money from the majority.
    lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 03:36 PM
    Or maybe they have an opinion different than yours? Doesn't make them wrong or trying to justify anything.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but a word of caution:

Don't feed the trolls, it just encourages them.
    11-15-13 08:59 PM
    Actually I feel that android, besides the home screen, looks a lot like BBOS 5 lol, at least my gf's SG3 gives me that impression.

Posted via CB10
    The SIII runs Touchwiz, not Stock.
    11-15-13 09:01 PM
    I prefer to keep it simple and I don't use wallpaper so mine looks ok. I like the clean lines of BlackBerry UI, the other os's I find a little cluttered so it's BlackBerry for me. There isn't a perfect UI out there, they've all got pro's and cons.
    Attachment 220938

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    I wish you could remove the ugly sections around the icons so they look like this on wallpapers. They don't help.
    Mel25 likes this.
    11-15-13 09:05 PM
    Thanks, but a word of caution:

Don't feed the trolls, it just encourages them.
    I don't get the need to insult others and use words like "masculine", "childish", "feminine" etc. in both derogatory and self beneficial ways when describing a gender and age neutral things such as mobile OSs.
    pantlesspenguin and reeneebob like this.
    11-15-13 09:07 PM
    I don't get the need to insult others and use words like "masculine", "childish", "feminine" etc. in both derogatory and self beneficial ways when describing a gender and age neutral things such as mobile OSs.
    You're right.

I'll be sure to apologize to the iPhone 5s and any Android phones that venture across my path.
    11-15-13 09:12 PM
    You're right.

I'll be sure to apologize to the iPhone 5s and any Android phones that venture across my path.
    Again, the tone of self-righteousness in that post and the hint of sarcasm - it doesn't help.
    11-16-13 12:27 AM
    Wow, really. You're turning this into a political and human rights debate?

Please get real. Did BB appoint an intern as CEO, and why or why not?

Not all talent is equal. Some people are just better than others at what they do, and have more talent or intellect than others. Welcome to life.

The people who are better make more and keep their jobs. Terrible ones like Thorsten Heins get fired.

anon6113468 likes this.
    11-16-13 02:18 AM
    I wish you could remove the ugly sections around the icons so they look like this on wallpapers. They don't help.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of them either.

11-16-13 03:29 AM
    So are we looking for a Childish UI, or a Executive's UI?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:07 AM
    So are we looking for a Childish UI, or a Executive's UI?

Posted via CB10
    Definitely not a childish one, this does not appeal to little girls and does appeal to those of us who appreciate function over aesthetics.

11-16-13 08:42 AM
    Definitely not a childish one, this does not appeal to little girls and does appeal to those of us who appreciate function over aesthetics.

That would make a lot of sense if those other platforms weren't functional, but they are.

More so in many ways due to the apps that allow you to do things that aren't possible on BB10 due to the lack of said apps.
    11-16-13 12:54 PM
    Functionality first. I love being able to reply to a text or BBM from the pop-up at the top of my screen without having to leave an application and have it still running when I hit send. Awesome!!!
    The OS is less than a year old people and it will mature as time goes on.
    Each release is just getting better and better.
    Running 10.2..... :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:16 PM
    Wow, really. You're turning this into a political and human rights debate?

Please get real. Did BB appoint an intern as CEO, and why or why not?

Not all talent is equal. Some people are just better than others at what they do, and have more talent or intellect than others. Welcome to life.

The people who are better make more and keep their jobs. Terrible ones like Thorsten Heins get fired.

Thorsten Heinz didn't do a terrible job. Blackberry are almost at the point of no saviour no matter what they do. I like the confidence in your post, yet you fail to see the very simple. How can u say thorsten did a bad job? Bb10 is great. Updates roll out like no man's business.. Google apps are becoming more easily available and in Greater numbers. And this won't change aa single thing. No one will switch and android and apple will dominate the smartphone market.

It's pretty much as simple as that. And of course u will say wait and see.. well.. they said wait and see when bb10 was in production, and now look.. it's arguably worse. And no! That wasn't a hypocritical statement.. it still has nothing to do either Thorsten Heinz, just an irredeemable perception of what blackberry is now.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:56 PM

Yet the executives carry apple and android. U mock.. yet u fail to see...those of us who appreciate 'function' over 'aesthetics ' are.. about 1 of 10. does that say something about society??? Or does that just say blackberry ate pretty much finished? I'm guessing the former for the diehards.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:59 PM
    Most of the executive, power users I know, still use BlackBerry. I'm one of them. BlackBerry will die a painful death if they try to go after today's consumer smartphone masses. That has never been their strength.
    Yet the executives carry apple and android. U mock.. yet u fail to see...those of us who appreciate 'function' over 'aesthetics ' are.. about 1 of 10. does that say something about society??? Or does that just say blackberry ate pretty much finished? I'm guessing the former for the diehards.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 03:38 PM
    I am happy to be that 1 out of 10 and that BB10 exists to satisfy my needs. I am also happy I tried it instead of listening to all that CRAP that's pouring on BlackBerry these days from media and "critics".

I also like how they listen to the users - so many bugs got fixed in the past months.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 03:48 PM
266 ... 678910 ...