What "basic" functionality and capability are you talking about?
    How about...

An equaliser in the music player, the ability select a Music directory, an all songs category in the music player. Very simple stuff.
    Ability to add search engines in the browser. Rescaling on zoom of webpages.
    Option to make data connections on demand instead of always on.
    The ability to shut down sh!tty messaging applications you don''t use.
    Fully user accessable file system (not sandboxed)
    Basic image editing functions such as crop.
    Camera resolution settings. Sharpness, saturation, exposure adjustments. user set custom profiles etc.
    Offline navigation. I had a cheapo Nokia feature phone that could do that
    Even folders for your text messages. Remember them?

All stuff that was on my old Nokia devices going back over the past few years that is nowhere to be seen on my Q10.

Perhaps someone could list the functionality and capability the Q10 has that leads the way and is not found elsewhere
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    11-14-13 12:25 PM
    BB10 was dated on the very day of it's release and still lacks the (sometimes astonishingly basic) functionality, capability and user option that has been around elsewhere for years. I see little evidence that BlackBerry ever intends or even has the ability to match the competition in that respect and just prefers to play around with window dressing and just create yet more ways of displaying and presenting the same simple messages.
    man......are you ever misinformed LMAO

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:26 PM
    What "basic" functionality and capability are you talking about?
    I don't think he (she) knows what he ( she) is talking about

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:27 PM
    The BB10 user interface is a total rip off of the Meego Harmattan user interface as found on the Nokia N9 over two years ago. I'm sure people have seen the comparison videos on the internet if they don't have a BB10 device and a Nokia N9.

Not saying it's bad because both user interfaces are fine. Just for BlackBerry to use a near total copy of a user interface found on a two year old device is not trail blazing and is well.. dated.
    ummmm,.....no

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:28 PM
    Useless post. And it was posted before.
    It's a choice how bb10 is looking. As if the UI of android is all that. And just because it does not look hipp it does not mean the OS is outdated!!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:37 PM
    I feel like there are changes to the way BlackBerry 10 looks on the way. The new incoming call screen is flat. BlackBerry Express is flat, the new volume display is black and white.. things are slowly changing.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:05 PM
    The BB10 user interface is a total rip off of the Meego Harmattan user interface as found on the Nokia N9 over two years ago. I'm sure people have seen the comparison videos on the internet if they don't have a BB10 device and a Nokia N9.

Not saying it's bad because both user interfaces are fine. Just for BlackBerry to use a near total copy of a user interface found on a two year old device is not trail blazing and is well.. dated.
    And guess what? IOS just completely ripped off webos in io7 with it's multitasking when webos did it first 4 years ago. They completely took the notification panel from Android as well.

Android pretty much stole it as well besides it being vertical as the designer of webos went to google as the head of android and started adding everything that made webos great. Also blackberry bought TAT which created the N9 interface so of course it would be similar.
    11-14-13 01:20 PM
    This whole thread is an example of how it is impossible for any single interface to please everyone. I wonder whether themes will ever make it to BB10 (or BB11 or whatever) so that those that are not happy with the default look and feel can do something about it. Maybe adding the ability to change the font would be a start.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-14-13 01:27 PM
    And guess what? IOS just completely ripped off webos in io7 with it's multitasking when webos did it first 4 years ago. They completely took the notification panel from Android as well.

Android pretty much stole it as well besides it being vertical as the designer of webos went to google as the head of android and started adding everything that made webos great. Also blackberry bought TAT which created the N9 interface so of course it would be similar.
    The webOS interface was also copied by BlackBerry, look at the PlayBook

And about stealing ideas:

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:28 PM
    my arse...
    11-14-13 02:23 PM
    I feel like a bit of a heretic for saying this but I can't be the only one out there thinking it - BlackBerry 10 already looks incredibly dated.

Now, I'm not saying anything else out there looks much better but iOS7 really does look much more CONSISTENT.

From having to know which apps have the settings from the top swipe or the right 'three dots' menu to some actions causing toast notifications or the huge and ugly 'system' popups, it all seems, 10 months down the road, a bit of a mess.

The big thing that made me think this was BlackBerry Express. It looks uniquely BlackBerry 10...and not at all. For us that know BlackBerry 10 well, it has all the hallmarks of a BlackBerry 10 app. But then, and try this, peak into the Hub. They don't look anything alike! And both are BlackBerry made! Just think how happy so many of us are to even have the dark theme! We shouldn't be settling for that!

I'm not asking for a UI that is full of colour but visuals mixed with simplicity help. BlackBerry Express demonstrates this perfectly. I just really hope with 10.2.1 onwards, we start to see a fresher and more consistent UI across the board. The system works but I think we can all agree the presentation doesn't half need a shake up. Those of us who now can't live without BlackBerry 10 as our chosen OS deserve it.

Posted via CB10
    You are so right.
    11-14-13 03:00 PM
    BB10 can look as dated as can be, but it is not dated. And that is what it is important.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    11-14-13 03:40 PM
    I actually loved the interface BB7 devices had.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:43 PM
    BlackBerry has a slick look to their phones. I'm glad we don't have too much colour added to their products. I'm not here to flaunt my phone. I'm here to use the phone to communicate with other people which it does everything I need and more.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    11-14-13 04:56 PM
    BlackBerry 10 already looking dated-wp_ss_20131112_0002.png BlackBerry 10 already looking dated-android-4-4-kitkat-homescreen.jpg
    BlackBerry 10 already looking dated-home-screen.png BlackBerry 10 already looking dated-blackberry-home-screen.png

To compare them I kinda do Think BB should get rid of the shadows around the icons and make look a little more modern like IOS, Android and Windows phone. make the
    the active frames modern like the BB dashboard on 10.2.. But no doubt that Windows phone is the most futuristic OS while Android is close second
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 11-14-13 at 05:06 PM.
    11-14-13 04:56 PM
    This thread is why i'm ashamed of having a Blackberry and hanging on.
    11-14-13 05:10 PM
    BlackBerry has a slick look to their phones. I'm glad we don't have too much colour added to their products. I'm not here to flaunt my phone. I'm here to use the phone to communicate with other people which it does everything I need and more.
    I'm with you on the one. Like my Z 10.
    TOfinest likes this.
    11-14-13 05:16 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20131112_0002.png 
Views:	659 
Size:	465.3 KB 
ID:	220859 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	android-4-4-kitkat-homescreen.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	220860

Name:	home-screen.png 
Size:	659.0 KB 
ID:	220861 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-home-screen.png 
Size:	451.9 KB 
ID:	220862

To compare them I kinda do Think BB should get rid of the shadows around the icons and make look a little more modern like IOS, Android and Windows phone. make the
    the active frames modern like the BB dashboard on 10.2.. But no doubt that Windows phone is the most futuristic OS while Android is close second
    I like iOS, Android, and Windows. They all have their merits. I just prefer BlackBerry. However, those shadows around the icons are just bad. But, I have faith that will be rectified one day.
    11-14-13 05:19 PM
    Darker the better for me. I like to be subtle with my phone.
    11-14-13 05:21 PM
    Rules? That's funny. Lame, but funny.
    Something I'd love to know is why BlackBerry broke their own UI rules in both the Hub and the Browser by having Settings in the overflow menu instead of revealed by swiping down from the top.

Anybody care to explain that one for them?!

I find the big white dialog boxes with the big blue title bar to be very reminiscent of Windows 3.1 , I'd love to see all of them get the Dark Theme treatment in future. Let's have more black in BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 05:36 PM

Name:	wp_ss_20131112_0002.png 
Size:	465.3 KB 
ID:	220859 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	android-4-4-kitkat-homescreen.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	220860

Name:	home-screen.png 
Size:	659.0 KB 
ID:	220861 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-home-screen.png 
Size:	451.9 KB 
ID:	220862

I hate the design of iOS 7. A friends 2 year old daughter has a fisher price phone which looks almost the same (except for the touchscreen)

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-14-13 05:54 PM
    Androids UI is hardware accelerated.

You can do the same thing with the dots and app grid on TouchWiz.

What is your point. You do realize BB10 UI is quite simple compared to Android when you factor in things like widgets and what companies like Facebook have done with things like Chat Head overlays, etc?

People bash iOS for being a grid of icons. What exactly is BB10 again? Two grids of icons: one for running apps and another for a icons?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    So go use your Android and sell me your blackberry.
    I have 3 of them KitCats, Jelly Beans, Sandwiches all of them are sh1t and don't bring anything usefull.
    Nexus 7 2013 is the most powerfull I have- I would like to "Force Close" your mouth and tell you the moment BlackBerry releases PlayBook 2, This piece sh1t, with a funky name from the space, is going to be donated to a 3rd world country.

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BES10
    11-14-13 06:03 PM
    So go use your Android and sell me your blackberry.
    I have 3 of them KitCats, Jelly Beans, Sandwiches all of them are sh1t and don't bring anything usefull.
    Nexus 7 2013 is the most powerfull I have- I would like to "Force Close" your mouth and tell you the moment BlackBerry releases PlayBook 2, This piece sh1t, with a funky name from the space, is going to be donated to a 3rd world country.

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BES10
    Solid arguments and comeback you have there, with near perfect English. Is everyone here either unable to form a decent, logical opinion or are they just so much in denial that BlackBerry is unable to put effort into its OS?

Saying you don't need a nice looking UI is so apologetic it's sad. BlackBerry doesn't give us any options, but yet that's acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:22 PM
    Not everyone on this here world wide web speaks English. It's all just an opinion. IOS7 was so bad of an interface, I quit using it. It's better now with the last update, but it does look like a Fsiher Price toy. And there are no options there either.
    Solid arguments and comeback you have there, with near perfect English. Is everyone here either unable to form a decent, logical opinion or are they just so much in denial that BlackBerry is unable to put effort into its OS?

Saying you don't need a nice looking UI is so apologetic it's sad. BlackBerry doesn't give us any options, but yet that's acceptable.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:31 PM
    Especially the iPhone 5c looks like a toy. Also I don't get some of the icons, like the compass used for safari or the settings icon - WTF?!
    Regarding the inconsitancy with the spot for the settings. Even on iOS it's inconsistant, some apps are listed in the settings app and some have a dedicated settings menu in-app e.g. WhatsApp.

I find BB10's looks quite nice, especially because it's not that fancy and colorful like iOS. Android (as much as I hate to say it) looks best and BB should cut a slice off the customizability.
    Nature Slice likes this.
    11-14-13 06:55 PM
266 ... 45678 ...