I feel like a bit of a heretic for saying this but I can't be the only one out there thinking it - BlackBerry 10 already looks incredibly dated.
    Posted via CB10
    You must be kidding. The usability of BlackBerry OS 10 is due in no small part time the visual features. The toast notifications are innovative al though not the first time BlackBerry has implemented this feature. The only thing dated about BlackBerry is the management team. But at least an outsider with a proven track record of reviving companies has been hired as interim CEO.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-13-13 11:41 PM
    A lot of the TAT team they purchased have left BB to start their own new company, Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    Thorsten obviously wouldn't allow TAT to unleash its creative ideas upon BlackBerry OS 10.

11-13-13 11:43 PM
    Thorsten obviously wouldn't allow TAT to unleash its creative ideas upon BlackBerry OS 10.

Did he tell you this, too?

11-13-13 11:44 PM
    You must be kidding. The usability of BlackBerry OS 10 is due in no small part time the visual features. The toast notifications are innovative al though not the first time BlackBerry has implemented this feature. The only thing dated about BlackBerry is the management team. But at least an outsider with a proven track record of reviving companies has been hired as interim CEO.

Look and feel isn't functional, it's aesthetic. It's just a skin over the functionality - the OS could look completely different yet function the exact same way.

A Windows 95 button is still a button, and performs the same functionality as in later OS revisions. However, it still looks dated compared to the same control on Windows 7. Do you get that?

I'm not sure you actually grasp the subject matter this thread was attempting to address.

MERCDROID and sacha_is_good like this.
    11-13-13 11:46 PM
    We are talking about a tool here, not fashion.

< sarcasm >
    Of course it's outdated:
    How dare they give us a build in flash light? Don't they know you MUST have a cool app for that? This is so 2006.

How dare they make phone with hardware keyboard? Don't they see that no one else is making them? So 2010.

How dare they iclude all communications in one place (HUB). Don't they know it's better to have gazillion apps like the competition? So 2020.

How dare they make BB10 runs buttery smooth on a dual core CPU, don't they know 8 cores exist already?

I can keep going...

< /sarcasm>

My opinion is you are 21 and get bored quickly (not trying to attack you or insult you, I was probably the same when I was 21). If it feels outdated to you, get iCandy. I make money with my Q10 and I like it the way it is. Completely black background by the way.

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BES10
    Breezygirl8, SDTRMG and wincyUt like this.
    11-13-13 11:54 PM
    Well, I'm going to agree with the op in some respects. BB10 does in some ways look dated, it could look better. The icons and the shade area around them are not particularly pretty. The active frames are very angular.

THIS looks fresh and modern -

Attachment 220392

Posted via CB10
    Jolla sailfish? When is that occurring though? Been waiting a long time.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-14-13 12:02 AM
    Jolla sailfish? When is that occurring though? Been waiting a long time.

I was exited about it too but may be not the forst device. Only 1GB RAM is not future proof if not even dated. Specially when they will have Android runtime too.

11-14-13 12:05 AM
    iOS7 is NOT consistent. The original keyboard pops up in apps that haven't updated
    SDTRMG likes this.
    11-14-13 12:26 AM
    iOS is the most bland boring mobile os. Nothing has barely changed since the original iPhone was released. The keypad is the biggest pos on the device. Same boring keyboard year after year after year.

BB10 is far from bland. Considering you think ios7 rocks you should get your marbles checked.
    Breezygirl8, SDTRMG and wincyUt like this.
    11-14-13 12:30 AM
    Me too. If you want the "Carebear" look then by all means go and buy an iPhone. If you like the "Helter Skeltel" look then by all means buy an Android. Is BB10's UI already dated? You're kidding, right?
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-14-13 01:17 AM
    Yes, it kinda looks dated at some points, it's just a few details they need to change though.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:21 AM
    I was exited about it too but may be not the forst device. Only 1GB RAM is not future proof if not even dated. Specially when they will have Android runtime too.

I agree. 2Gb would have been smarter.

11-14-13 01:50 AM
    BB10 does not look dated. It looks industrial.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:27 AM
    I take a simple look at phones that they are the same as women in that just because they are pretty in no way means they are any good.

What is inside and how it works is far more important than the looks.
    11-14-13 04:43 AM
    BB10 does not look dated. It looks industrial.

Posted via CB10
    I was about to say the same thing!
    I do agree with the central point that the OP was trying to make. The UI and look should be consistent across the platform and it currently isn't since, as Bla1ze said, it's a work in progress. I am really pleased to see some of the functional changes coming to 10.2.1 and it does seem like BB is introducing some flair even if it is just with the new 10.2.1 wallpapers and lock screens for now . I'm also looking forward to seeing what TAT is up to, especially with Gary Klassen working with the team now.
    11-14-13 04:48 AM
    A lot of the TAT team they purchased have left BB to start their own new company, Lol.

Why did they leave?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 05:58 AM
    You may notice I was the OP on this thread and I think I'm likely going to bow out of it now.

Just so everyone's clear, I was never attacking the functionality of BlackBerry 10. The reason why I started this thread and thus the entire discussion was to address my concerns that if it APPEARS in any way outdated from a purely UI perspective, it won't sell and BlackBerry will die a death as far as the every day consumer is concerned and I just don't want that because I love the functionality so much.

But yeah, the consistency across the UI needs sorting out sooner rather than later. I am talking about LITTLE things but things that shouldn't have ever been overlooked. Example: 'Share' in Pictures is second from last (only to Delete which has a cap from the other options) in the overflow menu, fifth from last in Music and dead last in Videos. There's a 'Delete' in the Pictures overflow menu and there isn't one in Music or Videos. BlackBerry World is last in Music and third from last in Videos. Consistency across first party apps SHOULD set the standard for ALL other apps. Currently I think it's setting a bad example.

Those of you who mentioned the work TAT put together in technical demos, this is what I think most of us wanted to see. I think this is pretty much what a lot of us expected to arrive when we first heard of BBX/BlackBerry 10.

I think I am flogging a dead donkey here and I don't want to bore everyone - I just want everyone to accept there are failings here and there in BlackBerry 10. I'm not here to complain about it and talk about jumping ship to iOS or Android. IDEALLY this thread would fall on someone's desk at BlackBerry and a simple exercise like an audit of the options and font sizes and colours and whatnot of the system could be undertaken. Not bringing up the failings ultimately doesn't help anyone...and we're pretty much all here because we love our BlackBerrys.
    MERCDROID, Akuji_ism and bombastic like this.
    11-14-13 06:46 AM
    Looks like the OP needs to have their eyes checked. io7 look like something a 2 year old put together in the 90"s, windows always looks old, and droid has looked bad since it was created.
    11-14-13 07:13 AM
    Looks fine (and modern) to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:33 AM
    I feel like a bit of a heretic for saying this but I can't be the only one out there thinking it - BlackBerry 10 already looks incredibly dated.

Now, I'm not saying anything else out there looks much better but iOS7 really does look much more CONSISTENT.

From having to know which apps have the settings from the top swipe or the right 'three dots' menu to some actions causing toast notifications or the huge and ugly 'system' popups, it all seems, 10 months down the road, a bit of a mess.

The big thing that made me think this was BlackBerry Express. It looks uniquely BlackBerry 10...and not at all. For us that know BlackBerry 10 well, it has all the hallmarks of a BlackBerry 10 app. But then, and try this, peak into the Hub. They don't look anything alike! And both are BlackBerry made! Just think how happy so many of us are to even have the dark theme! We shouldn't be settling for that!

I'm not asking for a UI that is full of colour but visuals mixed with simplicity help. BlackBerry Express demonstrates this perfectly. I just really hope with 10.2.1 onwards, we start to see a fresher and more consistent UI across the board. The system works but I think we can all agree the presentation doesn't half need a shake up. Those of us who now can't live without BlackBerry 10 as our chosen OS deserve it.

Posted via CB10
    Dude. Everyone hates the way the new iOS looks. Apple fans hate it. Android fans mock it.
    11-14-13 07:33 AM
    Dude. Everyone hates the way the new iOS looks. Apple fans hate it. Android fans mock it.
    I wasn't saying iOS looks better, I was saying it looked more consistent. That's pretty much all I want to see across BlackBerry 10.
    11-14-13 07:49 AM
    If just making the screen brighter and bigger works for you (IOS) and help make some thing not dated, then i have a bridge to sell you. Just admit BB10 is just to complicated for you. If you want easy stick with the IOS OP.
    11-14-13 07:49 AM
    Amazing how the subject of design brings out the tendency of people to act as though their personal, subjective opinions are facts. Especially on something as subjective as design preference.

I think iOS 7 is garish and Windows Phone looks really slick. What makes me right and and iOS fan who loves the look wrong?
    11-14-13 07:56 AM
    If just making the screen brighter and bigger works for you (IOS) and help make some thing not dated, then i have a bridge to sell you. Just admit BB10 is just to complicated for you. If you want easy stick with the IOS OP.
    BlackBerry 10 isn't too complicated for me. I have had my Z10 since the day after it was officially announced and know it all too well. There is nothing complicated about BlackBerry 10. It's a great system. The UI however needs consistency across the board.
    11-14-13 07:56 AM
    Well, I'm going to agree with the op in some respects. BB10 does in some ways look dated, it could look better. The icons and the shade area around them are not particularly pretty. The active frames are very angular.

THIS looks fresh and modern -

Attachment 220392

Posted via CB10
    They are FUGLY! Seriously. Looks like a cheap chocolate bar slab in kiddy colours.
    11-14-13 07:59 AM
266 12345 ...